Are all Constellation members annoying?

I'm early in the game and have only paired with Sarah and Barrett so far. Sarah is the worst. She's always chiding me when I pick up stuff(even credits) then insists on handing me shit I can't use. Her constant commentary is lame.  https://100001.onl/ 

Made the mistake of romancing Barrett. What a clingy bastard. I wish, "Would you please shut up. " was a dialogue option.

Edited by l1orky

Short answer: Yes. 

Sarah, pissed me off by dressing me down because of the actions I took to save the crew and ship. I so wanted to have the option to tell her to fire me, do as I say or get the hell of my ship, or I  quit. 

Yeah, the Constellation Four are all judgemental goody-two-shoes types. There's a good (ish) reason for that which I won't go into because spoilers, but yeah. They all get annoyed at pretty much the same things. Andreja is probably the least annoying.

There are other companions that I greatly prefer, but you have to find them. Jessamine on the Key is my personal favorite, but there's a load of them.

1 hour ago, Kraven12 said:

I so wanted to have the option to tell her to fire me, do as I say or get the hell of my ship, or I  quit. 

You can do that, mostly. Tell 'em to stop following, make sure they're not on the ship in a crew slot, and land somewhere so they can get off. It just won't work if you're in the middle of a quest using that companion, like The Old Neighborhood or The Empty Nest.

But after that - never darken my space doorway again!

Ironically, I found Sam to be the least annoying and most supportive of the Constellation 4. My wife loved him, called Sam a "Walking Talking Romance Novel" 

For the NG+ I'm currently playing, I decided to completely ignore Constellation and the main quest. Just do my thing on my own. It's refreshing not to be judged for my decisions based on their narrow minded thinking. The end of the Vanguard quest was particularly scarring to me.  :P

On 4/16/2024 at 12:23 AM, DocClox said:

Yeah, the Constellation Four are all judgemental goody-two-shoes types. There's a good (ish) reason for that which I won't go into because spoilers, but yeah. They all get annoyed at pretty much the same things. Andreja is probably the least annoying.

There are other companions that I greatly prefer, but you have to find them. Jessamine on the Key is my personal favorite, but there's a load of them.

You can do that, mostly. Tell 'em to stop following, make sure they're not on the ship in a crew slot, and land somewhere so they can get off. It just won't work if you're in the middle of a quest using that companion, like The Old Neighborhood or The Empty Nest.

But after that - never darken my space doorway again!

But can you imagine after a mission with constellation there is an option to just quit all together, then afterwards somehow they track you down and ask you to come back?

On 4/17/2024 at 2:23 AM, Reigor said:

My wife loved him, called Sam a "Walking Talking Romance Novel" 

Yeah, I assumed that was what they were going for with the whole single-parent-space-cowboy-who's-not-afraid-to-show-his-sensitive-side vibe. Probably why he's my least favorite; I never was a fan of romance novels.

7 hours ago, Kraven12 said:

But can you imagine after a mission with constellation there is an option to just quit all together, then afterwards somehow they track you down and ask you to come back?

Sort of like the end scene of Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines if you decide not to side with any of the factions? I could go with that. :D

Yes, they are a hive mind, they are like the Borg. Sarah is bipolar, Sam is whiny tit with daddy issues and the worst father ever. Who takes their kid out in space to fight space battles and die? Barrett is sorta funny but that is it. Andreja is angry at her space snake and walks like she has hemorrhoids. Vasco is just a reskinned Codsworth. Bethesda still give the companions shitty AI and are always walking in front of you in a fire fight so you always end up shooting them in the back. Bethesda still has not figured out how to stop companions from blocking doors and ladders.

On 4/18/2024 at 5:04 AM, divingmedic said:

Yes, they are a hive mind, they are like the Borg. Sarah is bipolar, Sam is whiny tit with daddy issues and the worst father ever. Who takes their kid out in space to fight space battles and die? Barrett is sorta funny but that is it. Andreja is angry at her space snake and walks like she has hemorrhoids. Vasco is just a reskinned Codsworth. Bethesda still give the companions shitty AI and are always walking in front of you in a fire fight so you always end up shooting them in the back. Bethesda still has not figured out how to stop companions from blocking doors and ladders.

btw non of the companion have combat styles on purpose so maybe why their AI is braindead

All the companions are annoying, though Andreja at least usually gives you gift credits rather than useless items. I only use them for cannon fodder when I get to difficult parts of the game. Vasco annoys me the most with its unusual fixation with doorways and its need to block them.

Seeing as they're all essential and the interior of your ships are indestructible, I've found the simplest method for dealing with them is a 40mm to the face. They'll stagger around for a bit but will usually shut up and go to the other end of the ship for a while. 

I also found that you can kill the Annoying Fan if you pump enough rounds into him. Best part about it is the Jemison police don't seem to have an issue with it if you keep your fire concentrated on him while putting him down and avoid taking out bystanders. Though I know it was unrelated, one of the cops gave me 3000 credits a few minutes later, thanking me for cleaning up the undesirables. I know he meant the Spacers, I just choose to think it was for taking him out.

Edited by ---nikoli
On 4/24/2024 at 12:22 PM, ---nikoli said:

I also found that you can kill the Annoying Fan if you pump enough rounds into him. Best part about it is the Jemison police don't seem to have an issue with it if you keep your fire concentrated on him while putting him down and avoid taking out bystanders. Though I know it was unrelated, one of the cops gave me 3000 credits a few minutes later, thanking me for cleaning up the undesirables. I know he meant the Spacers, I just choose to think it was for taking him out.

Gold

R.gif

Edited by nIn nIn nIn