Vigilant, Glenmoril, Unslaad - what is it?

All 3 have been floating around in my recommendations for a while now. There are a lot of patches for them and seems like they are held in high regard. But suprisingly there is little concrete information on what those 3 mods actually do.

Can I have a brief synopsis on what are all 3 about, how they tie together and why should I try them out and in what order?

Assume 4 things:

I know nothing about them except names,

I play exclusively female non-Dragonborn characters,

I have an unhealthy fascination with DD framework and derivative mods and,

I usually run highly misogynistic, unforgiving, exploitative and rape-filled load order where PC is at the bottom of sexual food chain and is not a hero.

Now, recommend those 3 to me. Or not.

Edited by belegost

The early questlines are investigations into Daedra worshipper activity (playing to the Creation Engine's strengths) while the end game is essentially Dark Souls (Drac Souls, one could say) or Bloodborne (which does not play to the CE's strengths even if one uses the Modern Combat Overhaul).

4 hours ago, Darkpig said:

new land mods

New land as in like Bruma or like Falskaar?

Could you elaborate on visuals? I assume it adds new NPCs. Are those vanilla potatoes or are there overhauls available similar to Bijin, Pandorable or, at the very least,  Botox?

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

the end game is essentially Dark Souls

I hate Souls-likes. -50 points to Gryffindor. Is starting a main quest required? I play mostly through LAL and avoid visiting Helgen like plague. Can't be arsed to have overgrown cliff racers with gastric problems swooping down at least convenient moments.

How is that Daedra worship component? This seems interesting, wonder if it can, with some other mods, be spun into some sort of SL story with PC on the receiving end.

9 hours ago, belegost said:

New land as in like Bruma or like Falskaar?

Could you elaborate on visuals? I assume it adds new NPCs. Are those vanilla potatoes or are there overhauls available similar to Bijin, Pandorable or, at the very least,  Botox?

3 of the female characters in the Unslaad mod, and 1 or more female characters in the Glenmoril and Vigilant mod look Final Fantasy-esque. No big surprise considering this is a Japanese modder. If you don't like it there are a few mods to replace the visuals of those NPCs either in the LE sphere or SE sphere. To elaborate on my earlier point roughly 90% of the characters look visually different in Unslaad, Glenmoril and Vigilant than their Skyrim counterparts. Though I have noticed that some of the weapons and armor are referenced to other games and media.

9 hours ago, belegost said:

I hate Souls-likes. -50 points to Gryffindor. Is starting a main quest required? I play mostly through LAL and avoid visiting Helgen like plague. Can't be arsed to have overgrown cliff racers with gastric problems swooping down at least convenient moments.

How is that Daedra worship component? This seems interesting, wonder if it can, with some other mods, be spun into some sort of SL story with PC on the receiving end.

The Vigilant questline can be started at the Inn in Dawnstar no matter where you are in the Vanilla Skyrim questline. I can't remember how to start Glenmoril and I'm pretty sure it is still in the beta stage. Unslaad is started by touching a doll behind the High Hrothgar building which can easily be accessed by flying mod, grappling mod, lockpicking mod, simply following the vanilla questline or by horse lol:classic_tongue: The character will be referred to as the Dragonborn regardless of the option you pick. Also the last quest in Unslaad will require you to know at least the first word of Unrelenting Force shout to progress which you could easily use console commands to add the power to your character without inviting "overgrown cliff racers" as you say.

As for the daedra worshiping aspect of it. I can only assume @FauxFurry was talking about the Vigilant mod where you are required to stop a summoner. I am not sure if you are allowed to join the bad guys. I know the last time I tried sacrificing a child potato to divine the future and I ended up with a game over screen.

Also what is wrong with sacrificing potatoes? Skyrim players do it all the time.

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Also what is wrong with sacrificing potatoes

All bones, no meat.

3 hours ago, Darkpig said:

3 of the female characters in the Unslaad mod, and 1 or more female characters in the Glenmoril and Vigilant mod look Final Fantasy-esque. No big surprise considering this is a Japanese modder. If you don't like it there are a few mods to replace the visuals of those NPCs either in the LE sphere or SE sphere. To elaborate on my earlier point roughly 90% of the characters look visually different in Unslaad, Glenmoril and Vigilant than their Skyrim counterparts. Though I have noticed that some of the weapons and armor are referenced to other games and media.

The Vigilant questline can be started at the Inn in Dawnstar no matter where you are in the Vanilla Skyrim questline. I can't remember how to start Glenmoril and I'm pretty sure it is still in the beta stage. Unslaad is started by touching a doll behind the High Hrothgar building which can easily be accessed by flying mod, grappling mod, lockpicking mod, simply following the vanilla questline or by horse lol:classic_tongue: The character will be referred to as the Dragonborn regardless of the option you pick. Also the last quest in Unslaad will require you to know at least the first word of Unrelenting Force shout to progress which you could easily use console commands to add the power to your character without inviting "overgrown cliff racers" as you say.

As for the daedra worshiping aspect of it. I can only assume @FauxFurry was talking about the Vigilant mod where you are required to stop a summoner. I am not sure if you are allowed to join the bad guys. I know the last time I tried sacrificing a child potato to divine the future and I ended up with a game over screen.

Also what is wrong with sacrificing potatoes? Skyrim players do it all the time.

There is an NPC right near where the spot where the Vigilant of Stendarr who starts the Vigilant main quest line approaches the Dragonborn which will give the option to join in with the adversaries of the VoS, undermining them rather than aiding them. 

57 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

There is an NPC right near where the spot where the Vigilant of Stendarr who starts the Vigilant main quest line approaches the Dragonborn which will give the option to join in with the adversaries of the VoS, undermining them rather than aiding them. 

No spoilers!

You both almost convinced me to give it a go. I just need to think how I'm going to set it up and see what patches are available.

I also recommend this mod

which adds an additional narrative level for the player character.

---

The author of the mods you listed has dealt very intensively with the lore of this game world and filled in some "blank spots"... including the origin of the vampires.

Anyone who has played “Morrowind” or Oblivion and read the books found there will recognize some of the locations of these mods.

Even if these mods are very extensive and the installation is not that easy - in my opinion it is all worth it

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Miauzi said:

I also recommend this mod

which adds an additional narrative level for the player character.

---

The author of the mods you listed has dealt very intensively with the lore of this game world and filled in some "blank spots"... including the origin of the vampires.

Anyone who has played “Morrowind” or Oblivion and read the books found there will recognize some of the locations of these mods.

Even if these mods are very extensive and the installation is not that easy - in my opinion it is all worth it

Thanks but I'll pass. Recommending to me a vampire follower that has personality and is a female is the worst thing that can be done. I hate vampires and I don't like followers that are anything more than just background actors. Personality doesn't have armor value and I don't care about their opinions. Their sole purpose in life is to be a meat shield, carry burdens and occasionally provide meat injection up the ass or a pair of balls to suck dry for my female PC, whenever I fancy seeing her with a meat stick shoved down her throat, as she begs for another bottle of skooma. Which she does often. I'm not into futas, so female followers are useless as far as I'm concerned.

I always join Dawnguard. Isran may be a cunt, but at least he did not father that clingy, smart-ass, bloodsucking bitch with daddy issues, that tags along without asking and can't be gotten rid of for a good part of the questline.

Edited by belegost
3 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Potatoes have bones? *eats crunchy potato* I think you may be right.

I like the way you think.

So, about that new land stuff, is that a separate area like Falskaar or map extension like Bruma?

18 minutes ago, belegost said:

I like the way you think.

So, about that new land stuff, is that a separate area like Falskaar or map extension like Bruma?

I'm pretty sure it is a separate area. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.