A quick question to those in the know.  I've these mods that have strip player conditions:

o   Bathing in Skyrim (go to water, strip-bathe-redress)

o   Diziets player undressing (undress triggers for bathing in certain locations like homes - triggered by a marker beside the bath / water

o   Sexlab  - some kind of ill-defined undressing/redressing - seems very haphazard and buggy

o   OSTIM - has its own system which seems to work OK.

o   ABBA - has a strip point at a high arousal level but often fails (ABBA = Arousal Based Breast Adjuster)

o   Go to Bed - has its own strip mechanism

The mods dependent on Sexlab (SLEN, Follower Needs, Random Sex and various other animations in SLAL,  etc) seem to be the most buggy for stripping. Is there any way to get it to work better? It seems unco-ordinated and untidy.

Thanks!

One thing I've noticed is that there's a lot of unnecessary audio feedback when unequipping enmasse, so IFF you could remove such steps, I think it'd make it cleaner (and faster). Each item removed gets its own audio feedback, (the equip/unequip sound), and it sounds a bit like a machine gun when a player wears many items that are stripped during a given stripping operation. Each audio event represents (imo) unnecessary processing time spent in these bulk unequips. (same for bulk equips too)

idk *how* you'd do that but, I'm pretty positive that skipping them would be beneficial. All we really need is the slot swaps. the rest is fluff.

it *should just be a iterated, pre-filled list of acceptable items for bulk-removal, or alternatively, a list of items to be left on the player.

(ie UnEquip(list), or UnEquipUnless(list) conceptually)

fwiw...

Oh... one more thought. In order to "fix" the issue, all the affected mods would also have to be modified so that they used this hypothetical "universal bulk unequip" function instead of their own code.

Edited by anjenthedog
46 minutes ago, Bluegunk said:

The mods dependent on Sexlab (SLEN, Follower Needs, Random Sex and various other animations in SLAL,  etc) seem to be the most buggy for stripping. Is there any way to get it to work better? It seems unco-ordinated and untidy.

Buggy? Uncoordinated? Untidy? Care to elaborate?

The only issue related to this and SL that I've had is that when you disable slot 32 unequipping for scenes it also stops NPCs from undressing. This is something you may run into when the player character wears modular armor, and NPCs still use vanilla style outfits. I changed the code such that NPCs always unequip slot 32, regardless of MCM settings - but this is far from buggy behavor in SL. At best I'd call it outdated thinking.

Posted (edited)

Hi Traison!

Sexlab buggy, as it either strips part of the person leaving a random item of clothing on, redresses part, or does nothing at all.  The only slots I disable (for stripping) are hairs (wigs) to prevent early onset Dragonborn alopecia. 

I also usually disable rings, earrings and amulets - the reason being is they frequently do not re-equip. ABBA is a particular problem.

Edited by Bluegunk
48 minutes ago, Bluegunk said:

Hi Traison!

Sexlab buggy, as it either strips part of the person leaving a random item of clothing on, redresses part, or does nothing at all.  The only slots I disable (for stripping) are hairs (wigs) to prevent early onset Dragonborn alopecia. 

I also usually disable rings, earrings and amulets - the reason being is they frequently do not re-equip. ABBA is a particular problem.

My first approach to that would be to place debug printing in the stripping functions in SL. Make sure its actually attempting to remove the items that get left behind:

sslActorAlias.psc -> Strip()

sslActorLibrary.psc -> StripSlots(...)

Adding something like the code below in both while loops should shed some light on the situation:

Debug.Notification("Stripping " + ItemRef + " from slot " + (i + 30))

...namely somewhere near these 2 seems relevant:

ActorRef.UnequipItemEX(ItemRef, 0, false)
Stripped[i] = ItemRef

Edit: If printing ItemRef results in some nonsensical output, try printing its name instead for instance.

Edited by traison