[Req] Skyrim RAM Q&A for a noob

urielmanx7

So, not just too long ago I learned of the infamous 3.1 Gb RAM limit of Skyrim, so I started to investigate deeper on the matter and found and tried a couple of supposedly 4Gb Ram unlockers, also installed Skyrim Performance Monitor.

So here are the questions.

1.-How can I check if indeed I have a unlock Skyrim? So far the most RAM usage I've seen on SPM before a crash is 2.7 (total) RAM and VRAM combined, as shown in SPM.

2.-Is there another way around the 3.1 limit other than "unlock" Skyrim? Like some mod that unloads unused resources the game uses to minimize RAM usage?

Also I used ENBoost but that only seemed to put my rig under more pressure, tried it with the default config.

MY RIG SPECS:

CPU: I7 3.5 GHz

RAM: 8Gb 

GPU: GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Thanks in advance.

My best suggestion is just using a ENB updated to the latest version, it does a very good job at splitting up your RAM, to the point where you really never have to worry about RAM issues again, it splits your Skyrim among two processes that way you don't have to worry about meeting the limit.

As far as I am aware, there is nothing that will unlock the 3.1 limit and there never will be. Like I said, I am not 100% sure, but I have read many sources which said this would never happen.

My best suggestion is just using a ENB updated to the latest version, it does a very good job at splitting up your RAM, to the point where you really never have to worry about RAM issues again, it splits your Skyrim among two processes that way you don't have to worry about meeting the limit.

As far as I am aware, there is nothing that will unlock the 3.1 limit and there never will be. Like I said, I am not 100% sure, but I have read many sources which said this would never happen.

Its a math thing like with os 32bit and max memory you can have in your system nomatter what you try you can never pass that 3.5 gig max.

Same with that 3.1gb number thats max period.

Guest airdance

Where can I get a quantum computer?

NASA =p

Even they think we are at least a generation away from it.

Personally, I think the Chinese will perfect it first.

Archived