My translation mod that translates all locations in the game to german is finished but yesterday I found one location in game that's still english. It's the cave entry to the "Eldergleam Sanctuary".

I cant find it in CK / World Space / Interior / EditorID, where I found ALL the other locations like caves, houses, etc.

In Skyrim-Wiki's I found the IDs for this location but I can't find it in CK. I'm not a modding expert, obviously. xD

There are some entries under / World Space / EldergleamSancturaryWorld and / World Space / Tamriel but I can't find any interior data there to edit the names.

It's driving me cracy. I want to release my mod but not incomplete like that. 🫤

Skyrim_CK_EldergleamSanctuary_02.thumb.jpg.1dae9bd538f302355ae5dd2f633383d1.jpg

Skyrim_CK_EldergleamSanctuary_2.thumb.jpg.9d7ad811a0c2885d1f4847b4d2654eb5.jpg

16 minutes ago, traison said:

EldergleamSanctuaryLocation?

But it's not under "World Space". So it's dangerous to rename any other entries without risk conflicts with other mods.
Once I tried to rename a deer. It worked, but in game it had no antler anymore. xD

To make save changes like renaming locations, I think I have to do it in the world spaces section (below).

Is the Eldergleam Sanctuary anything special? All other caves in the open world are listed in the interiors section. I'm just wondering.

I've been looking at this LCTN record for a bit and it actually seems like that "Eldergleam Sanctuary" string is not in Skyrim.esm. That doesn't make sense to me as as far as I know localization is not done with an external file but rather different versions of the master files. But, the FULL field which is supposed to be of type lstring only contains this:

46 55 4c 4c 04 00 e0 54 00

46 55 4c 4c 04 00 e0 54 00 00

Which is the field identifier "FULL" followed by a data length byte short(4) and the data: 5562368 21728 which is small enough to be a pointer within the Skyrim.esm file itself. However, I ran through the file with the strings utility and there's no mention of "Eldergleam Sanctuary" anywhere.

Edit: Corrected bytes, data formats and values.

Edited by traison

Nevermind, found it:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_Mod:File_Format_Conventions

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_Mod:String_Table_File_Format

Edit: It appears to be in skyrim_english.strings. Note however that, at least in my English copy of Skyrim there's already a German strings file. I get the feeling you're doing this wrong - would make more sense to have the game use the already translated file, rather than messing with Skyrim.esm.

Edited by traison
6 minutes ago, traison said:

I've been looking at this LCTN record for a bit and it actually seems like that "Eldergleam Sanctuary" string is not in Skyrim.esm. That doesn't make sense to me as as far as I know localization is not done with an external file but rather different versions of the master files. But, the FULL field which is supposed to be of type lstring only contains this:

46 55 4c 4c 04 00 e0 54 00

Which is the field identifier "FULL" followed by a data length byte(4) and the data: 5562368 which is small enough to be a pointer within the Skyrim.esm file itself. However, I ran through the file with the strings utility and there's no mention of "Eldergleam Sanctuary" anywhere.

I assume this location is no part of any DLC but I have all the DLCs activated in CK.
Just like I said, I'm just a noob in modding but I want to translate all the locations for the GER community. It seems this is the only one I can't translate. What a #!%$. 😛

Btw: Some names on the map are english too. Where to change the map names? And why does Bethesda use differnet names for the map than for the locations? 🤪

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, traison said:

Nevermind, found it:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_Mod:File_Format_Conventions

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_Mod:String_Table_File_Format

Edit: It appears to be in skyrim_english.strings. Note however that, at least in my English copy of Skyrim there's already a German strings file. I get the feeling you're doing this wrong - would make more sense to have the game use the already translated file, rather than messing with Skyrim.esm.

I did it this way because I used a similar mod when I played the LE.
This one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52858

This mod worked for me many years without any problems. 🤷‍♂️

"would make more sense to have the game use the already translated file"

How? Correct me if I'm wrong but I have to load a translation AFTER the game load all my mods, right? Because the mods changes a lot of names and there are many mods that have no translations.

Btw: Thank you so far for looking into it. It's awesome. At LL I found more help than on Nexus.

Edited by Bayman
36 minutes ago, Bayman said:

How?

Easiest thing that comes to mind is to extract the german file from the interface bsa file and rename it to the english file. If that works, I'd consider figuring out how the game determines which file to load - is it the system language, a registry key, something in Steam, ...?

44 minutes ago, traison said:

Easiest thing that comes to mind is to extract the german file from the interface bsa file and rename it to the english file. If that works, I'd consider figuring out how the game determines which file to load - is it the system language, a registry key, something in Steam, ...?

My game uses the original german files. So I assume the original files loads at first -> then the Unofficial Patch -> then all other mods.

Do you think it would make any sense to change/swap the original files that will be overwritten by 200+ mods?

Maby I don't get it and need some sleep. xD

8 hours ago, Bayman said:

My game uses the original german files.

In that case "Eldergleam Sanctuary" should already be "Ahnenschimmerheiligtum", because that's whats in the German translated strings file. Its at offset 472755, which is where string id 21728 (previously posted string id was incorrect) points to. This leaves 2 options as I see it:

1. You have a mod that's overriding the string.
  2. Your German translated file is different or is not being used.

MD5 checksum for the strings file I have on version 1.5.97 if you want to compare it:

ed06def705b7ea04996528a8e810a6b9  skyrim_german.strings

17 hours ago, traison said:
  1. You have a mod that's overriding the string.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason. I can try to find a translation (.esp) for every mod in my list but there are many mods without GER translations. That's why I made my mod and it works perfectly for me and my friend (so far). As long as I change the names in world space / ID / interior data /name everything is good. Changing names in the "upper section" (object window) causes problems.

The big question is: What makes "Eldergleam Sanctuary" so special? I think we'll never find out. 😆

Thanks again for your time and your help! 👍