Is devious devices still supported?

I have game version Skyrim legendary edition (latest version) 1170, and when i load up the game i get an error message that it is not supported and to try updating, and the game asks me if i want to run anyway. I tried that but the mod encounters fatal errors.

i have most of the requirements except for the sub requirements for faster hdt smp, as it had a lot of unrelated mod offshoots mostly related to one of the requirements freefps, which had me download grass textures, and no grass in cities and all sorts of unrelated stuff. It broke the game, so i deleted everything and started over. The mod kind of works except the body and gear are not visible just a black outline/mist, with fatal error messages.

2 hours ago, dragon360 said:

I have game version Skyrim legendary edition (latest version) 1170

If your game version is 1.6.1170 and is the "latest version", you have the latest Anniversary Edition. Not Limited Edition.

For SE/AE mods (Special edition is v 1.5.97, Anniversary is 1.6.*), if the mods don't use SKSE then the mods should be backwards compatible - if you have AE then you can use SE mods. Please don't use Limited Edition mods unless you know what you are doing, and that would mean you can use Cathedral Asset Optimizer to upgrade mods if needed. 

For SE v1.5.97 or AE, Devious Devices (DD) has version 5.2 updated Feb 2023. Get a copy of that, link below.

If you are in SE, the next step is optional, but if you in AE 1.6.1170 it is necessary : you will need to add DD NextGeneration (NG) patch, which has the additional benefit of moving animations into OpenAnimation Replacer which saves FNIS slots, and removes version dependency so makes DD NG usable across SE and AE. Link below.

Overall, you should check the SE/AE compatibility index, and consider posting into the SE Technical support forum if you are in 1.6.1170. This forum is more LE, and LE 1170 isn't a thing. There's also the https://tasairis.github.io/compat/ site, please keep to mods that are in green. 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/29779-devious-devices-ng/

Thank you! When I installed devious devices, I clicked on SE and no fatal error message. However, it still doesn't work correctly. My body texture CBBE (mesh?) is just a black outline when I equip devious devices gear. I can kind of see my character's body and the animations work, but just a black outline, the character ion Laura's bondage shop has only her hands and face visible. What could be the cause?

now you need to run bodyslide. If the clothing appears inside the body, such as a new piece of clothing that doesn't know you're using a custom body mesh like CBBE,  so is draw as if 0 weight compared to the actual body, then you get the invisible body. Hands/feet/head are probably still visible.

so install BodySlide https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/201

Watch a tutorial 

You shouldn't need to move the sliders around.

Inside bodyslide, top left, select the body that you are building for (CBBE).

Select all the clothing, top right, I think it's group manager.

and batchbuild, bottom left.