Hello again,

I looked through more of the EK2 game characters with CBO and EK2 CBO patch enabled (to check their face DNA), and I noticed there are some bugs with certain character's eyes and other character's DNA face shapes and/or face age and hair color not being the same when compared to EK2 without these two mods enabled. Their face DNA shape and eye color remained consistently the same (even with other mods enabled), but then they change when CBO and CBO EK2 Patch are enabled. I imagine it could be because perhaps these character's have unique DNA that is not upgraded to CBO bodies and CBO patch. Maybe something with eye textures also? I can't add pictures for reference, so I will try to explain (even if it's not needed) :P

Examples: age/face.

High Queen Freydis of Eastern Skyrim - her face age or shape DNA doesn't seem to change, but her hair is grayer/faded (rather than more red), when both mods are active (at her starting age 46)

Prince Sinderion of Dusk - his face DNA completely changes and is different (wider face, jaw, and ears), when CBO and CBO EK2 patch is enabled (his hair stays the same), but when these are disable it goes back to his normal face DNA shape look that I recognize. I kept and eye on these two characters (for instance) enough times in the past that I noticed these facial and hair color changes lol. There are more, but these were the examples i picked.

Prince Calcelmo the brother of the High Elf Emperor Hidellith - his face seems to change age DNA every time I start a new game, and he looks old and haggard with a flabby old neck sometimes, but then he seems to keep the same face DNA shape (which is younger looking) when both these mods are disabled.

Example: eyes change color.

Kovan Indoril Steward of Ashen Lord Rada - his vampire eyes are purple for me (could be because of Vampiric Beautification For Elder Kings 2 mod) but that mod loads after the two above, and so when CBO and CBO patch are enabled his eyes turn to a light-ish red color.

Most Important bug example: eye colors for some dark elves are just totally black in color.

Muthsera Vedyne of Ouada - she is a Telvanni Dunmer elf (dark elf), so her eyes should be red, and they are. But when I enable CBO and CBO EK2 Patch her eyes are completely black in color, and so are her first 3 daughter's eyes. Her 4th child (a son) has his red eyes, and so does the 5th child (a daughter). Some of the other various Dark elf character's eyes are completely black too, (like some of the Ashkahns) but not all of them.

Is this something that can be fixed with the gene ages files and/or eye's textures files? Like you did with Mannimarco's age gene but by adding more of the characters gene files (or whatever you did with the age gene file being put into CBO EK2 patch). I am not sure if eyes are gene related or not. And I'm not sure if every unique character would have to be edited to work with CBO (to have their face and hair color look and be the way is should be), but it seems like it might be the case :| ... You would think not though, because I thought CBO only touches the body/penis/ball/butt/boobs/vagina etc., and doesn't touch the face. So it's wired to me that these face DNA shape's and eyes would change.

Let me know,

Thanks

Edited by SkeletorSkeletor

Hi.
I did some troubleshooting, and after enabling only EK2, CBO, and CBO EK2 patch (so only these 3 mods were active), the problems mentioned above still happened but with some minor differences (could be the way the game spawns characters from family DNA that don't have their own unique DNA). So I looked through the mod files of EK2 and CBO EK2 patch to try and get an understanding of what could be changing some of the eye colors to black (with the dark elves), hair colors being more old/faded (for some nord characters), and face shapes of Elder Kings 2 characters changing (like the High Elves faces mainly). I skimmed through both files in both mods, and the DNA character data numbers of every character are exactly the same (except for the added CBO parameters), so of course I don't think this is the problem.

(You might already know this). But I figured since you added the "aging gene.txt" file to the gene file folder, and it fixed the old age face issue I had with Mannimarco -- the eye and face shape problems must be gene file related... So (and I am no modder lol), perhaps all the other EK2 gene files might need to be added to your CBO EK2 patch in the gene folder. Since CBO loads after EK2... Elder Kings 2 might be reading gene data from "CBO" (that loads after "EK2" but before the "CBO EK2 patch"). This could be the reason EK2 character's gene face shapes and hair/eye colors are changing for me etc., because EK2 is reading gene data from CBO. I could be wrong, but it makes sense too me lol. Of course when I looked in the CBO mod's gene folder, I didn't see any files in there that seemed to alter the face shapes or old faded hair, and black eye colors (from what I could tell)... But this could also be perhaps why the Kajiit are wearing shoes when they are not suppose to? idk? From my understanding the digitigrade footed khajiits should not wear shoes (as you mentioned), but the normal footed khajiits do wear shoes in vanilla EK2.

I could be wrong about EK2 gene files needing to be added to your compatch mod, but I'm not sure what else it could be, and my modding skills and understanding is very limited.

4 hours ago, SkeletorSkeletor said:

Hi.
I did some troubleshooting, and after enabling only EK2, CBO, and CBO EK2 patch (so only these 3 mods were active), the problems mentioned above still happened but with some minor differences (could be the way the game spawns characters from family DNA that don't have their own unique DNA). So I looked through the mod files of EK2 and CBO EK2 patch to try and get an understanding of what could be changing some of the eye colors to black (with the dark elves), hair colors being more old/faded (for some nord characters), and face shapes of Elder Kings 2 characters changing (like the High Elves faces mainly). I skimmed through both files in both mods, and the DNA character data numbers of every character are exactly the same (except for the added CBO parameters), so of course I don't think this is the problem.

(You might already know this). But I figured since you added the "aging gene.txt" file to the gene file folder, and it fixed the old age face issue I had with Mannimarco -- the eye and face shape problems must be gene file related... So (and I am no modder lol), perhaps all the other EK2 gene files might need to be added to your CBO EK2 patch in the gene folder. Since CBO loads after EK2... Elder Kings 2 might be reading gene data from "CBO" (that loads after "EK2" but before the "CBO EK2 patch"). This could be the reason EK2 character's gene face shapes and hair/eye colors are changing for me etc., because EK2 is reading gene data from CBO. I could be wrong, but it makes sense too me lol. Of course when I looked in the CBO mod's gene folder, I didn't see any files in there that seemed to alter the face shapes or old faded hair, and black eye colors (from what I could tell)... But this could also be perhaps why the Kajiit are wearing shoes when they are not suppose to? idk? From my understanding the digitigrade footed khajiits should not wear shoes (as you mentioned), but the normal footed khajiits do wear shoes in vanilla EK2.

I could be wrong about EK2 gene files needing to be added to your compatch mod, but I'm not sure what else it could be, and my modding skills and understanding is very limited.

Hi, sorry didnt start looking into these yet, but CBO doesn't change these genes, its changed by 01_genes_morph.txt, which as a whole is not changed by CBO, but only parts of it, like aging.

Characters that are supposed to be the same, have their DNA stored in dna_data folder, so changes that you are describing shouldn't really happen.

I think these changes are not a bug, its that these characters don't have DNA attached to their history file, or something similar.

For example:

Muthsera Vedyne of Ouada

history\characters\00_dunmer.txt

maryon_100 = {
    name = "Vedyne"
    dynasty = maryon
    culture = chi_addun
    religion = tribunal_temple
    female = yes

trait = education_intrigue_1
    trait = humble
    trait = craven
    trait = deceitful
    trait = physique_good_2
    trait = lifespan_3
    trait = education_magical_ability_4

3110.1.1 = { birth = yes }
    3450.1.1 = { death = yes }
}

There is no dna attached here.

Compare this with for example Serana:

volkihar_1002 = {
    name = "Serana"
    dynasty = dyn_volkihar
    culture = westmarcher
    religion = molag_cult
    female = yes
    father = volkihar_1000
    mother = volkihar_1001
    dna = serana_dna_entry
    sexuality = asexual

common\ethnicities\001_ek_ethnicities_mer_dunmer.txt

Sinderion has no DNA in history file either.

eye_color = {
        #Red eyes
        80 = { 0.0 0.20 0.0 1.0 }
#        #White blue eyes
#        10 = { 1.0 0.0 1.0 0.22 }
        #Brown eyes
        2 = { 0.05 0.2 0.35 0.55 }
#        #Light sandy eyes
#        5 = { 0.3 0.2 0.4 0.4 }
#        # green  eyes
#        20 = { 0.6 0.25 0.65 0.65 }    
#        # dark eyes
#        10 = { 0.2 0.7 0.7 0.8 }
        # purple eyes
        5 = { 1.0 0.2 1.0 0.8 }
        # black  eyes
        2 = { 0.35 1.0 1.0 1.0 }  
    }

It could be that the DNAs are not created at random, but with a predefined seed, and since CBO adds new genes, some of the random numbers will come out different, as it will take more random number generations for the CBO genes.

Calcelmo seems to have DNA defined, i think the problem might be that the CBO aging gene uses different hsv curves, so it causes aging sooner, compared to EK2.

You can try fix this by removing the contents of

EK2 CBO Patch\common\genes\aging gene.txt

So its just an empty file, that seems to fix the hair color for High Queen Freydis

22 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, sorry didnt start looking into these yet, but CBO doesn't change these genes, its changed by 01_genes_morph.txt, which as a whole is not changed by CBO, but only parts of it, like aging.

Characters that are supposed to be the same, have their DNA stored in dna_data folder, so changes that you are describing shouldn't really happen.

Oh, no problem... if you can't look into it immediately (of course np), but thank you for doing so anyway, and for explaining all this to me. I really appreciate it! As this is a great compatch mod to use -- for getting CBO to work with EK2 (because now proper nudity can then happen in a EK2 game) :)

I see your examples, and that all makes sense. So that's why Sinderion's face changes to more of like a "puckered cherub" lol :P ...but others like Mannimarco keep the same face, because they have a unique DNA attached to their history. That makes sense. So that means I could make my own character dna for these people, and then attach it to their character DNA history then.

...and I see that the 001_ek_ethnicities_mer_dunmer.txt file has a black eyes situation in there (as you show), but the main problem with the eyes for me is that Muthsera Vedyne of Ouada's and some of her kids eyes etc., go completely black with no red pupil (like an "alien grey" type total black eye color)... I just noticed her mainly because I have played over in that area as Divayth Fyr and Gothren and his grandfather The Archmagister before. Some other dunmer in Morrowind now have the all black eyes also (an Ashkahn south of Alma Rula's main tribunal temple location) -- his eyes go completely black too, that i didn't notice before... Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't ever remember any dunmer having total black eyes (in EK2).

Looking at elder scrolls online, there are apparently dunmer that do have all black eyes. so maybe this is something that could happen like you mentioned with the random number genes being added more by CBO (and I just never noticed the black eyes before with other dunmer), and that it changed Muthsera Vedyne's character DNA eye color with the random gene number seed added (since she has no unique DNA as you show), and it made her eyes black. If that's the case, It's not a big deal then, I just thought it was perhaps a eye texture bug.

Also I think the Wood Elves (Bosmer) have black eyes in some instances (if I remember correctly), so maybe it is pulling something from there too in her family's DNA lineage? like her father, grandfather etc. I have not looked to see if she has bosmer relatives. And I have not played as the bosmer yet or looked at them very close to remember what characters looked like, and if they have total black eyes. But I will look soon now.

That makes sense that the face changing shape, and aging hair color things are part of the different hsv curves added.

I guess my questions would then be.

*** For Sinderion (if I wanted to), I could save his DNA in the portrait editor in vanilla EK2 (copy it to notepad), and then add it to the dna_data folder (in one of those files, adding the CBO parameters to his gene numbers of course, in your mod dna_data file), and then add the entry "dna = Sinderion_dna_entry" to his character location. to his character in the save file.

*** do you know if there Is a location in the mod where all the game's starting character's info is stored? Like you showed me with "Vedyne and Serana"? Or are they only generated once a save file is generated? (because I have edited a save file before, and saw those character entry's, but I have not seen where they are outside of a save file.

Again, thank you for taking the time to explain all this to me (sorry for the novels I write), but I will try the suggestion, and let you know what it did for me. ;)

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, SkeletorSkeletor said:

Oh, no problem... if you can't look into it immediately (of course np), but thank you for doing so anyway, and for explaining all this to me. I really appreciate it! As this is a great compatch mod to use -- for getting CBO to work with EK2 (because now proper nudity can then happen in a EK2 game) :)

I see your examples, and that all makes sense. So that's why Sinderion's face changes to more of like a "puckered cherub" lol :P ...but others like Mannimarco keep the same face, because they have a unique DNA attached to their history. That makes sense. So that means I could make my own character dna for these people, and then attach it to their character DNA history then.

...and I see that the 001_ek_ethnicities_mer_dunmer.txt file has a black eyes situation in there (as you show), but the main problem with the eyes for me is that Muthsera Vedyne of Ouada's and some of her kids eyes etc., go completely black with no red pupil (like an "alien grey" type total black eye color)... I just noticed her mainly because I have played over in that area as Divayth Fyr and Gothren and his grandfather The Archmagister before. Some other dunmer in Morrowind now have the all black eyes also (an Ashkahn south of Alma Rula's main tribunal temple location) -- his eyes go completely black too, that i didn't notice before... Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't ever remember any dunmer having total black eyes (in EK2).

Looking at elder scrolls online, there are apparently dunmer that do have all black eyes. so maybe this is something that could happen like you mentioned with the random number genes being added more by CBO (and I just never noticed the black eyes before with other dunmer), and that it changed Muthsera Vedyne's character DNA eye color with the random gene number seed added (since she has no unique DNA as you show), and it made her eyes black. If that's the case, It's not a big deal then, I just thought it was perhaps a eye texture bug.

Also I think the Wood Elves (Bosmer) have black eyes in some instances (if I remember correctly), so maybe it is pulling something from there too in her family's DNA lineage? like her father, grandfather etc. I have not looked to see if she has bosmer relatives. And I have not played as the bosmer yet or looked at them very close to remember what characters looked like, and if they have total black eyes. But I will look soon now.

That makes sense that the face changing shape, and aging hair color things are part of the different hsv curves added.

I guess my questions would then be.

*** For Sinderion (if I wanted to), I could save his DNA in the portrait editor in vanilla EK2 (copy it to notepad), and then add it to the dna_data folder (in one of those files, adding the CBO parameters to his gene numbers of course, in your mod dna_data file), and then add the entry "dna = Sinderion_dna_entry" to his character location. to his character in the save file.

*** do you know if there Is a location in the mod where all the game's starting character's info is stored? Like you showed me with "Vedyne and Serana"? Or are they only generated once a save file is generated? (because I have edited a save file before, and saw those character entry's, but I have not seen where they are outside of a save file.

Again, thank you for taking the time to explain all this to me (sorry for the novels I write), but I will try the suggestion, and let you know what it did for me. ;)

Thanks again.

Hi, the starting characters are in the history files, like this one:

Once you add it to dna data, refer to it from history file.

Ofc i never tried this, so no idea how well it works :)

EK2 adds some new genes, not sure if you can easily extract those, even from save file. (those online converters might only work for vanilla genes)

I think CBO doesnt change the head, or its not supposed to, you can try remove the black eyes in the ethnicities file, so it can only be red eyes, and see if that helps.

I think the genes should all come from 001_ek_ethnicities_mer_dunmer.txt , the bosmer will have different ethnicities file, so they might have different probabilities.

On 4/3/2024 at 7:58 AM, csirke128 said:

Hi, the starting characters are in the history files, like this one:

Once you add it to dna data, refer to it from history file.

Ofc i never tried this, so no idea how well it works :)

EK2 adds some new genes, not sure if you can easily extract those, even from save file. (those online converters might only work for vanilla genes)

I think CBO doesnt change the head, or its not supposed to, you can try remove the black eyes in the ethnicities file, so it can only be red eyes, and see if that helps.

I think the genes should all come from 001_ek_ethnicities_mer_dunmer.txt , the bosmer will have different ethnicities file, so they might have different probabilities.

Thank you for this info. I was successfully able to transfer Prince Sinderion's vanilla DNA face/head shape into my EK2 CBO game, by following your references above

*** (what I did to get Prince Sinderion's vanilla DNA into CBO EK2 game below) (skip if don't care) ***

I got his vanilla face/body DNA from a vanilla game manual save file of EK2 -- by copying his generated long code garbled numbers and letters DNA string from the save file, (from his character location in the save file text)... then I pasted that DNA string into the the debug "tilde key" in game portrait editor... and then I generated his DNA, then copied the non-garbled version of his DNA (that generated in the portrait editor, the kind that you can read), and pasted it into notepad. 

When looking at his DNA in notepad... The genes that were generated into readable text did include the extra EK2 genes (afaik). The pasted DNA all looked the same as other vanilla EK2 unique DNA characters (that other people created, such as Mannimarco etc.), but with different number parameters (of course). It did have the orc tusks, khajiit feet genes etc., in the DNA generated from the in game portrait editor. I just needed to add the CBO genes into their respective position in the DNA code and vualla! It worked like a charm! I was used to Sinderion having a different face in vanilla EK2 (since I played as him before, and my OCD needed him to have the same face I was used too, lol).

So then I added his generated DNA into a position, in one of the dna data character.txt files (ek_misc_dna.txt), copying exactly how others wrote their character's DNA entry headers (but for Sinderion), and I added his family name referenced # Vaelata above the DNA like others did.

Then I added the "dna = refernce" line to the history\character\00_altmer.txt and everything is working good.

I added this entry to your CBO EK2 Patch file -- common\dna_data\ek_misc_dna.txt

# Vaelata

sinderion_dna_entry = {

portrait_info = {

genes = {         

hair_color={ 26 0 24 0 }

skin_color={ 220 25 208 26 }

eye_color={ 91 70 96 51 }

(all other gene strings were below this, want to shorten reference)

I added this entry (highlighted in bold for reference below), to the EK2 mod file -- history\characters\00_altmer.txt    --- (I also made him bisexual for fun :P )

## Auridon Houses
#House Vaelata
vaelata_1000 = {
    name = "Sinderion"
    dynasty_house = aunsamiran_vaelata
    religion = auriel
    culture = auridon
    sexuality = bisexual
    dna = sinderion_dna_entry

trait = lifespan_3

father = aunsamiran_36405
    mother = calianor_998b

So yes everything worked very well doing what I did above, (following your file location examples)

*** end rules ***

Now for a question

Do you have any idea why (for instance) Sinderion has a long garbled dna string code that is generated for his character (in my save file, that I was able to copy, and create from in portrait editor)? But then when I looked at the dunmer character Muthsera Vedyne of Ouada (maryon_100) in my save file, she did not have a dna string (at all), that generated, like Sinderion did. Do you know why?

As you mentioned Sinderion and Vedyne both did not have history DNA, but then the game created one in my save file for Sinderion -- that always appears to be the same look for him (everytime I made a new vanilla EK2 game), yet there was no DNA string generated in my save file for Vedyne of Ouada, and she appears to look the same everytime also in vanilla, (and then of course her eyes turn all black for me with CBO).

Also ...

I wanted to confirm that there are dunmer with black eyes in a vanilla EK2 game. It's just that there were no powerful or prominent (counts, dukes, kings, etc.) people in morrowind that had the total "grey alien-like" black eyes, so I never noticed before, (but I found some random dunmers that did have all black eyes in a vanilla game, and bosmer too, more so, but as they should).

For Instance The Grand Master of House Hlaalu has purple eyes in vanilla EK2, but his eyes change to red when CBO and CBO EK2 patch are active (just the revers of what that vampire Kovan Indroil guy has happen to his eyes). So I think you are right about the added CBO gene code strings (like you mentioned) that are in fact what is re-arranging the predetermined eye color seed RNG of the eyes of some of these characters that -- in vanilla are one way, but then with CBO active, it's the other way... perhaps (of course idk for sure, but it seems this is the case). So I can live with this. If it really bothers me later, I will remove the black eyes from dunmer in the file you mention, lol.

I have yet to test removing the text in the aging gene.txt file (that you mention) to see what Calcelmo's face and Freydis' hair does for me, but I will soon.

Thanks for your help. It has allowed me to gather a ruddemtnray understanding of how to mod something. ;)

9 minutes ago, SkeletorSkeletor said:

Thank you for this info. I was successfully able to transfer Prince Sinderion's vanilla DNA face/head shape into my EK2 CBO game, by following your references above

*** (what I did to get Prince Sinderion's vanilla DNA into CBO EK2 game below) (skip if don't care) ***

I got his vanilla face/body DNA from a vanilla game manual save file of EK2 -- by copying his generated long code garbled numbers and letters DNA string from the save file, (from his character location in the save file text)... then I pasted that DNA string into the the debug "tilde key" in game portrait editor... and then I generated his DNA, then copied the non-garbled version of his DNA (that generated in the portrait editor, the kind that you can read), and pasted it into notepad. 

When looking at his DNA in notepad... The genes that were generated into readable text did include the extra EK2 genes (afaik). The pasted DNA all looked the same as other vanilla EK2 unique DNA characters (that other people created, such as Mannimarco etc.), but with different number pentameters (of course). It did have the orc tusks, khajiit feet genes etc., in the DNA generated from the in game portrait editor. I just needed to add the CBO genes into their respective position in the DNA code and vualla! It worked like a charm! I was used to Sinderion having a different face in vanilla EK2 (since I played as him before, and my OCD needed him to have the same face I was used too, lol).

So then I added his generated DNA into a position, in one of the dna data character.txt files (ek_misc_dna.txt), copying exactly how others wrote their character's DNA entry headers (but for Sinderion), and I added his family name referenced # Vaelata above the DNA like others did.

Then I added the "dna = refernce" line to the history\character\00_altmer.txt and everything is working good.

I added this entry to your CBO EK2 Patch file -- common\dna_data\ek_misc_dna.txt

I added this entry (highlighted in bold for reference below), to the EK2 mod file -- history\characters\00_altmer.txt    --- (I also made him bisexual for fun :P )

So yes everything worked very well doing what I did above, (followinging your file location examples)

*** end rules ***

Now for a question

Do you have any idea why (for instance) Sinderion has a long garbled dna string code that is generated for his character (in my save file, that I was able to copy, and create from in portrait editor)? But then when I looked at the dunmer character Muthsera Vedyne of Ouada (maryon_100) in my save file, she did not have a dna string (at all), that generated, like Sinderion did. Do you know why?

As you mentioned Sinderion and Vedyne both did not have history DNA, but then the game created one in my save file for Sinderion -- that always appears to be the same look for him (everytime I made a new vanilla EK2 game), yet there was no DNA string generated in my save file for Vedyne of Ouada, and she appears to look the same everytime also in vanilla, (and then of course her eyes turn all black for me with CBO).

Also ...

I wanted to confirm that there are dunmer with black eyes in a vanilla EK2 game. It's just that there were no powerful or prominent (counts, dukes, kings, etc.) people in morrowind that had the total "grey alien-like" black eyes, so I never noticed before, (but I found some random dunmers that did have all black eyes in a vanilla game, and bosmer too, more so, but as they should).

For Instance The Grand Master of House Hlaalu has purple eyes in vanilla EK2, but his eyes change to red when CBO and CBO EK2 patch are active (just the revers of what that vampire Kovan Indroil guy has happen to his eyes). So I think it is something to do with the added CBO gene code strings added (like you mentioed) that are infact re-aranging the eye color RNG of the eyes of some of these characters that -- in vanilla are one way, but then with CBO active, it's the other way... perhaps (but of course idk for sure). So I can live with this. If it really bothers me later, I will remove the black eyes from dunmer in the file you mention, lol.

Thanks for your help. It has allowed me to gather a ruddemtnray understanding of how to mod something. ;)

Hi, for the DNA question, i don't know that myself either, i didn't need to dig through save files for DNA strings that much, but i think this is not a CBO specific question, so maybe on some other forums others already have an explanation for this.

Maybe it has the DNA string stored elsewhere, or something like that, but i guess she didn't have predefined DNA, so not sure.

There is no way to extract DNA through scripts, i think at best you can get the gene attribute values (which are doing the actual change on the portrait model), but then it would be hard to work back and figure out the original gene values.

20 minutes ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, for the DNA question, i don't know that myself either, i didn't need to dig through save files for DNA strings that much, but i think this is not a CBO specific question, so maybe on some other forums others already have an explanation for this.

Maybe it has the DNA string stored elsewhere, or something like that, but i guess she didn't have predefined DNA, so not sure.

There is no way to extract DNA through scripts, i think at best you can get the gene attribute values (which are doing the actual change on the portrait model), but then it would be hard to work back and figure out the original gene values.

OK. Yeah that would be way to hard to work backwards to figure out the DNA gene values, and "ain't nobody got time for that"! Thanks for letting me know. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be able to provide a link or provide steps to find and add a CBO 1.8.4/EK2 0.13.3-compatible Carnalitas patch? Other than the one by pharaox, there doesn't appear to be any patches compatible with the latest version of the game nor the mod. A working load order would be good too, as I had followed the initial load order SkeletorSkeletor had listed previously, but I feel like I'm screwing something up.

My currently-enabled mods, their order, and version, if that would help:

1. Better Barbershop - 6.0
  2. Elder Kings 2 - 0.13.3
  3. Carnalitas - 2.2
  4. Character Body Overhaul - 1.8.4
  5. Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility - 0.2.0
  6. EK2 CBO Patch - 1.1
  7. Better Barbershop for Elder Kings 2 - 1.6
  8. Better Barbershop CBO Extension - 1.0
  9. Uncensored Ruler Designer For Elder Kings 2 - 1.3
  10. Beauty Trait Change Removal For Elder Kings 2 - 1.4
  11. Ruler Designer Unlocked - 1.0
32 minutes ago, PsyCommu_243 said:

Would anyone be able to provide a link or provide steps to find and add a CBO 1.8.4/EK2 0.13.3-compatible Carnalitas patch? Other than the one by pharaox, there doesn't appear to be any patches compatible with the latest version of the game nor the mod. A working load order would be good too, as I had followed the initial load order SkeletorSkeletor had listed previously, but I feel like I'm screwing something up.

3. Carnalitas - 2.2
  6. EK2 CBO Patch - 1.1

Hi, you dont need the Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility, as its outdated.

The EK2 CBO Patch already contains some basic Carnalitas compatibility, as CBO requires Carnalitas, so its not possible to make a CBO Patch without also patching Carnalitas to be compatible.

Also i think the better barbershop for EK2 would not work with the Barbershop CBO extension, as they would modify the same files.

5 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, you dont need the Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility, as its outdated.

The EK2 CBO Patch already contains some basic Carnalitas compatibility, as CBO requires Carnalitas, so its not possible to make a CBO Patch without also patching Carnalitas to be compatible.

Also i think the better barbershop for EK2 would not work with the Barbershop CBO extension, as they would modify the same files.

Thank you for the pretty quick reply!

And thanks for the clarifications, I felt like I was doing something wrong in some capacity. I'm not the most savvy CK3 mod-user as one can tell.

On 4/25/2024 at 2:27 AM, PsyCommu_243 said:

3. Carnalitas - 2.2
  6. EK2 CBO Patch - 1.1

Hello. Is something not working properly for you based on my previous listed load order? If you can tell that something is amiss, please let me know, I am curious... I am currently play/testing a game, playing as Mannimarco with 15 mods active. I plan on adding 20-30 more mods in a new EK2 game when I have the time. If I can get them all to work together, I can post the bigger load order here later.

These are the mods --in this order-- that I am currently running. Everything works for me like this so far.

01 Better Barbershop

02 Elder Kings 2

03 Carnalitas 2.2

04 Character Body Overhaul 1.8.4

05 EK2 CBO Patch 1.1

06 Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility 0.2.0

07 Better Barbershop Patch For Elder Kings

08 Better Barbershop CBO Extension 1.0

09 Vampiric Beautification For Elder Kings 2

10 Custom Kingdoms For Elder Kings 2

11 Uncensored Ruler Designer For Elder Kings 2

12 Elder Kings 2 - Harkon Replacer

13 Elder Kings 2 - vampire Eyes Fix

14 Submod EK2 - AI Magic

15 Submod for EK2 - Holdings Art

I re-arranged the vampire mods from how I previously had them loaded, but I don't remember why (I don't think there was much change difference anyway, I just thought "Vampire Eyes Fix" should be more near the bottom of load order). I think I was trying to figure out why eye color changes were happening with a certain Indoril vampire character in game, but then found that it was just RNG related stuff to all seeded character's eye colors, that changes from their vanilla EK2 eye color to some different eye colors when you add CBO and COB patch to EK2 (The eye color changes were noticeable to me for the Dunmer race characters, but not much else), and it was just RNG related stuff from added CBO values, we figured.

Also, I grabbed all the steam mods I wanted to use for Elder Kings 2 and converted them to "manual mods put into steam myself" (so that I would not have to worry about them updating), since I'm playing on version 1.11.5 of the Crusader Kings 3 game, and don't plan on updating anytime soon.

@csirke128 is probably right (about not needing "Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility 0.2.0"), but I didn't know at the time when I started a new game, (I am using it anyway currently), and it doesn't appear to be breaking anything in my game that I can tell.

Also... I am using "Better Barbershop Patch For Elder Kings" and "Better Barbershop CBO Extension 1.0" together in that load order. For me, everything works. The "Better Barbershop CBO Extensions" still appear in the barbershop as a drop down menu, and I can use them -- (they increase and/or decrease visual body part size values properly, but don't affect DNA). The "Better Barbershop Patch For Elder Kings" claims that it "fixes muscle mass not showing for prowess and the ability to adjust muscle mass using the buttons on the barbershop page. A new option to adjust bust size has also been added to the gui" ... so that is why I used it. I was not sure if "Better Barbershop CBO Extensions" fixed the aforementioned listed muscle mass issue. But if it does, then yeah, you don't need "Better Barbershop Patch For Elder Kings"

But don't listen to me if that load order doesn't work for you, as I only know the bare minimum (and am trying to learn more), but this has all worked for me so far, as listed :P

18 minutes ago, SkeletorSkeletor said:

Hello. Is something not working properly for you based on my previous listed load order? I am curious what is not working for you. If you can tell that something is amiss, please let me know... I am currently play/testing a game, playing as Mannimarco with 15 mods active. I plan on adding 20-30 more mods in a new EK2 game when I have the time. If I can get them all to work together, I can post the bigger load order here later.

These are the mods --in this order-- that I am currently running. Everything works for me like this so far.

01 Better Barbershop

02 Elder Kings 2

03 Carnalitas 2.2

05 EK2 CBO Patch 1.1

13 Elder Kings 2 - vampire Eyes Fix

14 Submod EK2 - AI Magic

15 Submod for EK2 - Holdings Art

Also, I grabbed all the steam mods I wanted to use for Elder Kings 2 and converted them to "manual mods put into steam myself" (so that I would not have to worry about them updating), since I'm playing on version 1.11.5 of the Crusader Kings 3 game, and don't plan on updating anytime soon.

@csirke128 is probably right (about not needing "Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility 0.2.0"), but I didn't know at the time when I started a new game, (I am using it anyway currently), and it doesn't appear to be breaking anything in my game that I can tell.

Also... I am using "Better Barbershop Patch For Elder Kings" and "Better Barbershop CBO Extension 1.0" together in that load order. For me, everything works. The "Better Barbershop CBO Extensions" still appear in the barbershop as a drop down menu, and I can use them -- (they increase and/or decrease visual body part size values properly, but don't affect DNA). The "Better Barbershop Patch For Elder Kings" claims that it "fixes muscle mass not showing for prowess and the ability to adjust muscle mass using the buttons on the barbershop page. A new option to adjust bust size has also been added to the gui" ... so that is why I used it. I was not sure if "Better Barbershop CBO Extensions" fixed the aforementioned listed muscle mass issue. But if it does, then yeah, you don't need "Better Barbershop Patch For Elder Kings"

But don't listen to me if that load order doesn't work for you, as I only know the bare minimum (and am trying to learn more), but this has all worked for me so far, as listed :P

Hi, if you actually tried those, then you probably have better information, i was mostly making educated guesses, as i havent actually tried to see if they are compatible or not.

19 minutes ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, if you actually tried those, then you probably have better information, i was mostly making educated guesses, as i havent actually tried to see if they are compatible or not.

Ah, OK Cool! That is good to know then. Yep, they seem to work togther ;)

On 4/21/2024 at 2:53 AM, saltandsour said:

seems like the mer races don't have pointy ears

Really? Which mer characters are you noticing without pointy ears? Is it every mer character for you? Because every mer character (for me) has pointy ears in my game as they should (that I have looked at or noticed). Refer to my mod load order if that helps.

01 Better Barbershop

02 Elder Kings 2

03 Carnalitas 2.2

05 EK2 CBO Patch 1.1