EK2 CBO Patch

CBO compatibility patch for Elder Kings 2.

Requires game version 1.11.5, CBO version 1.8.4, and Carnalitas version 2.2

Converted all the meshes to CBO rig, and generated the blend shapes for the clothes.

Changes:

common/bookmark_portraits:

common/dna_data:

common/ethnicities:

Added the CBO genes.

common/genes:

Added the no portrait gene to weights

Disabled some of the CBO genes, so EK2 ones will take precedence.

Merged legwear.

events:

Fix conflicts with carnalitas.

gfx/models/portraits:

Re-exported the meshes with CBO rig, same with animations.

Merged the .asset files for male and female body/head

gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers:

Merged the changes, so EK2 changes take precedence.

Added shoes to all the clothing files.

gui:

Merged the changes done by CBO and Carnalitas.

Load Order:

EK2

Carnalitas 2.2

CBO 1.8.4

EK2 CBO Patch

You are a Legend!

Also, I have a question. Will all this work with the latest version Carnalitas 2.5? Or do you absolutely need to run Carnalitas 2.2 (as mentioned in your mod post load order)? I ask because I see that Carnalitas has just been updated to 2.5 a few days ago, and they no longer have version 2.2 to download.

1 hour ago, ArchmagisterX said:

You are a Legend!

Also, I have a question. Will all this work with the latest version Carnalitas 2.5? Or do you absolutely need to run Carnalitas 2.2 (as mentioned in your mod post load order)? I ask because I see that Carnalitas has just been updated to 2.5 a few days ago, and they no longer have version 2.2 to download.

Never mind... I found Carnalitas version 2.2 in Git Repository (Source Code and Latest Downloads) ... I'm not very tech savvy, so it took me a bit to find it :P

Thanks again!

Edited by ArchmagisterX
11 minutes ago, Rickterr said:

i'm getting some weird black bands around some females chest and hips

okay, so i managed to narrow it down, if you turn someone into a vampire before they turn 20, they get stuck with those bands

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having crashes on launch. I can get to a piece of loading screen art, but no further.

I'm playing in version 1.11.5 of CK3, using the latest EK2 download (which says it's for 1.11.5), Carnalitas 2.2, and CBO 1.8.4.

My load order is:

EK2

Carnalitas 2.2

CBO 1.8.4

EK2 CBO Patch

Hardware should be good, as well. I've used both Carnalitas and CBO before, and I'm able to launch the game with just those mods active, but trying to get it all working with EK2 is causing the game to crash before the main menu appears.

Any troubleshooting advice?

1 minute ago, bepazjones said:

I'm having crashes on launch. I can get to a piece of loading screen art, but no further.

I'm playing in version 1.11.5 of CK3, using the latest EK2 download (which says it's for 1.11.5), Carnalitas 2.2, and CBO 1.8.4.

My load order is:

EK2

Carnalitas 2.2

CBO 1.8.4

EK2 CBO Patch

Hardware should be good, as well. I've used both Carnalitas and CBO before, and I'm able to launch the game with just those mods active, but trying to get it all working with EK2 is causing the game to crash before the main menu appears.

Any troubleshooting advice?

Can you start by sharing error.log? There is a logs folder next to the mod folder.

7 minutes ago, bepazjones said:

Yeah, absolutely! Thanks!

error.log 63.72 kB · 1 download

There are some logs related to mesh files not found.

Just noticed i have a lot of the same error logs related to meshes in my logs as well. I'll try correct those.

You have logs like these at the end:

[15:51:46][pdx_blend_shape_database.cpp:23]: Blendshape file gfx/models/portraits/female_body/blendshapes/female_bs_body_penis_erection_min_gen.mesh not found. Relevant mesh file: gfx/models/portraits/female_body/female_body.mesh
[15:51:46][pdx_blend_shape_database.cpp:23]: Blendshape file gfx/models/portraits/female_body/blendshapes/female_bs_body_penis_gen.mesh not found. Relevant mesh file: gfx/models/portraits/female_body/female_body.mesh
[15:51:46][pdx_blend_shape_database.cpp:23]: Blendshape file gfx/models/portraits/female_body/blendshapes/female_bs_body_penis_size_max_gen.mesh not found. Relevant mesh file: gfx/models/portraits/female_body/female_body.mesh

This is from CBO, should be part of 1.8.4, can you check if these are actually there? Or maybe try reinstall CBO?

13 minutes ago, csirke128 said:

There are some logs related to mesh files not found.

Just noticed i have a lot of the same error logs related to meshes in my logs as well. I'll try correct those.

You have logs like these at the end:

[15:51:46][pdx_blend_shape_database.cpp:23]: Blendshape file gfx/models/portraits/female_body/blendshapes/female_bs_body_penis_erection_min_gen.mesh not found. Relevant mesh file: gfx/models/portraits/female_body/female_body.mesh
[15:51:46][pdx_blend_shape_database.cpp:23]: Blendshape file gfx/models/portraits/female_body/blendshapes/female_bs_body_penis_gen.mesh not found. Relevant mesh file: gfx/models/portraits/female_body/female_body.mesh
[15:51:46][pdx_blend_shape_database.cpp:23]: Blendshape file gfx/models/portraits/female_body/blendshapes/female_bs_body_penis_size_max_gen.mesh not found. Relevant mesh file: gfx/models/portraits/female_body/female_body.mesh

This is from CBO, should be part of 1.8.4, can you check if these are actually there? Or maybe try reinstall CBO?

Yup, that worked! I had CBO installed incorrectly ("CBO Vanilla" is a patch for CBO, not CBO itself like I thought). Fixing that fixed the issue.

Hello. I have been playing with your comp-patch mod and CBO in Elder Kings 2 for a bit, and so far everything is working good and looks good. Very good job with all that! There are a few clothing bugs, (clipping type stuff) nothing too major... well for instance the Snake Emperor guy Pontentate Anixerieas (or whatever his name is) -- the bug is: his wiener seems to want to poke through his robes while wearing clothes (LOL), and he doesn't seem to be wearing any shoes with CBO and this mod enabled. A minor bug, but I wanted to let you know. (picture below).

MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I have a bug to report about the High Elven "extended age trait" and their old age DNA portrait looks (not sure if its a bug or if it's just a case of a file that needs to be edited to work properly with CBO and the Elder Kings 2 face age DNAs). Some of these elves and mages can live for hundreds of years in game and/or then become immortal with an "extended life" trait levels 1-5. Well when I played as Mannimarco "the King of Worms", I noticed that he was looking like an old grampy at his starting age of 427 years old, and he has never looked this way before. Then I noticed all the other High Elves looked exceedingly older too, in most circumstances (some were hard to tell, but you could if you looked close). High Kinlord Rillis in Alinor (for instance), I could tell he looked older, even though his elf face is creased and old looking anyway, but he looks much older now, and his and Mannimarco's hair is also whiter in color from being old, when their hair used to be more youthful colors and with no old faces, (a white/blond hair for Mannimarco instead of white).

These elves have never looked like "old" old before, because as I understood it, the "extended age trait to eventual immortality" suspended the ageing of characters, or at least elven characters to not look so old, but they can be very old in age number (if that makes sense). Maybe for humans and orcs too etc., not sure, but I think everyone would look younger middle aged with the extended life traits instead of old. I Know for sure the High Elves did (looked younger).

Some pictures bellow of Elven Necromancer Mannimarco (in his red robes), and the difference between his look in vanilla without CBO and comp-patch (first picture). And the second picture is of him with CBO and the Comp-patch enabled -- notice he looks much older.

Is there anyway to fix this to have it so that these really old "in age" character's faces look like they do in vanilla elder kings 2 (meaning so that Mannimarco can have his evil handsome looks back again etc., instead of looking like an old bastard. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by SkeletorSkeletor
"Can't get pictures to load"
37 minutes ago, ArchmagisterX said:

Hello. I have been playing with your comp-patch mod in Elder Kings 2 for a bit, and so far everything is working good and looks good. Very good job with all that! There are a few clothing bugs, (clipping type stuff) nothing too major... well for instance the Snake Emperor guy Pontentate Anixerieas (or whatever his name is) -- the bug is: his wiener seems to want to poke through his robes (LOL), and he doesn't seem to be wearing any shoes. A minor bug, but I wanted to let you know. (picture below).

MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I have a bug to report about the High Elven "extended age trait" and their old age DNA portrait looks (not sure if its a bug or if it's just a case of a file that needs to be edited to work properly with CBO and the Elder Kings 2 face age DNAs). Some of these elves and mages can live for hundreds of years in game and/or then become immortal with an "extended life" trait levels 1-5. Well when I played as Mannimarco "the King of Worms", I noticed that he was looking like an old grampy at his starting age of 427 year old, and he has never looked this way before. Then I noticed all the other High Elves looked exceeding older in most circumstance (some were hard to tell, but you could). High Kinlord Rillis in Alinor (for instance), I could tell he looked older, even though his elf face is creased and old looking anyway, but he looks much older now.

These elves have never looked like "old" old before, because as I understood it, the "extended age trait to eventual immortality" suspended the ageing of characters or at least elven characters (maybe humans too, not sure), to not look so old, but they can be very old in age number (if that makes sense). 

Some pictures bellow of Elven Necromancer Mannimarco (in his red robes), and the difference between his look in vanilla without CBO and comp-patch (first picture). And the second picture is of him with CBO and the Comp-patch enabled -- notice he looks much older.

Is there anyway to fix this to have it so that these really old "in age" characters look like they do in vanilla elder kings 2 (meaning so that Mannimarco can have his evil handsome looks back again etc., instead of looking like an old bastard. Any info would be apprenticed.

Thanks

Hi, do you use physical attributes? I checked with and without CBO, and Mannimarco looks the same for me at start of the game. Physical attributes adds some stuff that changes aging, ran into this with LOTR.

I fixed up some of the clothing, but was waiting in case EK2 updates, ill upload those changes maybe it fixes the issues.

18 minutes ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, do you use physical attributes? I checked with and without CBO, and Mannimarco looks the same for me at start of the game. Physical attributes adds some stuff that changes aging, ran into this with LOTR.

I fixed up some of the clothing, but was waiting in case EK2 updates, ill upload those changes maybe it fixes the issues.

Is that mange's mod "physical attributes"? Because if so. No, I'm not using that one...

Ah ok, cool

12 minutes ago, SkeletorSkeletor said:

No, I'm not using physical attributes... Ah ok

Seems like EK2 added some different gene templates for aging, ill try merge those with CBO

19 minutes ago, SkeletorSkeletor said:

Is that mange's mod "physical attributes"? Because if so. No, I'm not using that one...

Ah ok, cool

Added a new version, can you try that out? Not sure if its backwards compatible, as in if you have a game with Mannimarco already immortal, if it will apply the changes. (or maybe it does, not sure where the change is triggered)

28 minutes ago, csirke128 said:

Added a new version, can you try that out? Not sure if its backwards compatible, as in if you have a game with Mannimarco already immortal, if it will apply the changes. (or maybe it does, not sure where the change is triggered)

OK awesome, thanks! I will try it now (with a new game), I haven't started a proper game yet (still making sure everything works good). I think Mannimarco starts with extended age trait IV "4", I haven't got him immortal yet, so I noticed his old age dna issue with his starting age trait. Also just for info...

It sounds like you might have figured it out (as you mentioned above), I will test it shortly, but just for info...

I am playing EK2 with 52 mods, and got them all to work more or less (some mods aren't updated, but they seem to work). Then I made a smaller playlist to narrow down what the elven age problem for me is... I tried with only 15 mods installed, but with CBO and this compatch, and some other mods disabled (because I'm not sure if Better Barbershop and Carnalitas are dependent on CBO working etc (if that makes sense), and Mannimarco looked like he is suppose to (his younger looks). Then I enabled CBO and this compatch and the other mods mentioned below, and the old age face DNA deal happened with the elves etc when I had the 5 mods listed below enabled.

Of course I'm not entirely sure on what to have the load order in (I see some mention better barbershop to load after EK2, and some say to load it before EK2, so I'm not sure of the truth of what is better).

This is the load order I have so far, again I turned on and off the 5 mods mentioned below to see the difference in face age.

01 Better Barbershop

02 Elder Kings 2

03 Carnalitas 2.2 --------------------------------------(when off, no old age face)  --- (when on, old age face)

04 Character Body Overhaul 1.8.4 ---------------------(when off, no old age face) --- (when on, old age face)

05 EK2 CBO Patch 1.0 ---------------------------------(when off, no old age face)  --- (when on, old age face)

06 Carnalitas EK2 Compatibility 0.2.0 ------------------(when off, no old age face)  --- (when on, old age face)

07 Better Barbershop Patch For Elder Kings 2

08 Better Barbershop CBO Extension 1.0 --------------(when off, no old age face)  --- (when on, old age face)

09 Elder Kings 2 - Harkon Replacer

10 Vampiric Beautification For Elder Kings 2

11 Elder Kings 2 - vampire Eyes Fix

12 Custom Kingdoms For Elder Kings 2

13 Uncensored Ruler Designer For Elder Kings 2

14 Submod EK2 - AI Magic

15 Submod for EK2 - Holdings Art

Don't know if this helps, cause you might have found the issue anyway as mentioned. ;) i will test shortly.

Ok I just tested the mod, and whoops! It looks like some major bugs happened now. All the elven characters -- High Elves and Dark Elves have no clothing now, and Mannimarco only has his cape now, and it is bugged and pulls trough his left shoulder. Also his face dna completely changed, and now he looks like a native american dude "slightly" lol. His face did not change before (only his age), so it looks like the face dna changed to something else, also Calcelmo (the high elf emperor guy's brother in Alinor), his face DNA is different and even older looking now. Also, Mannimarco starts at extended age trait V "5", (I was wrong earlier), if that matters.

Also, the Pontentate Emperor snake guy Anixerieas (at the imperial capitol) doesn't have his cape anymore.

10 minutes ago, SkeletorSkeletor said:

Ok I just tested the mod, and whoops! It looks like some major bugs happened now. All the elven characters -- High Elves and Dark Elves have no clothing now, and Mannimarco only has his cape now, and it is bugged and pulls trough his left shoulder. Also his face dna completely changed, and now he looks like a native american dude "slightly" lol. His face did not change before (only his age), so it looks like the face dna changed to something else, also Calcelmo (the high elf emperor guy's brother in Alinor), his face DNA is different and even older looking now. Also, Mannimarco starts at extended age trait V "5", (I was wrong earlier), if that matters.

Also, the Pontentate Emperor snake guy Anixerieas (at the imperial capitol) doesn't have his cape anymore.

Hi,

"pulls trough his left shoulder"

That usually means the clothes are not compatible, so as if the patch has no effect.

Can you make sure the EK2 CBO patch is enabled?

Or maybe try with new game? Could be adding the DNA to old age shifted things around.

Hello, I did try the new patch with a new game, and had these issues, and steam said the compatch was enabled. I will try again, maybe it was a bug on my end (maybe it wasn't enabled even though it showed green enabled). I will try again right now (brb).

31 minutes ago, csirke128 said:

Hi,

"pulls trough his left shoulder"

That usually means the clothes are not compatible, so as if the patch has no effect.

Can you make sure the EK2 CBO patch is enabled?

Or maybe try with new game? Could be adding the DNA to old age shifted things around.

Hi,

I tried re-enabling the mod, and everything works great now. You are a legend! Thank you. whatever you did fixed the old age DNA problem, as now Mannimarco no longer has an old grampy face, and is back to looking like he is suppose to. Everything else looks good as well with age from what I can tell (high elf Emperor Hilldelith is no longer looking old either). So this seems to be all fixed now. His brother Calcelmo looks old still, but I think he has always had a fucked up weathered face, and maybe his genes spawn a little bit random within the family DNA? But I did also notice that his hair, and all the others i looked at no longer had the old white hair look, and they were back to their blond/white younger default hair color.

As for Potentate Axinieras Snake Emperor guy, his wiener no longer pokes through his robes, but his purple thong/underwear does poke through now. Maybe it's just the way the mesh is with the Asian type robes. Also he spawned in all three times with either a huge/or stallion sized wiener trait (every time), from the Carnalitas mod, but other people's stallion sized wieners don't poke through their robes, so it must just be a mesh issue with Asian type robes.

But yeah The DNA old age problem is fixed now with your latest update.

Thank you

1 minute ago, SkeletorSkeletor said:

Hi,

I tried re-enabling the mod, and everything works great now. You are a legend! Thank you. whatever you did fixed the old age DNA problem, as now Mannimarco no longer has an old grampy face, and is back to looking like he is suppose to. Everything else looks good as well with age from what I can tell (high elf Emperor Hilldelith is no longer looking old either). So this seems to be all fixed now. His brother Calcelmo looks old still, but I think he has always had a fucked up weathered face, and maybe his genes spawn a little bit random within the family DNA? But I did also notice that his hair, and all the others i looked at no longer had the old white hair look, and they were back to their blond/white younger default hair color.

As for Potentate Axinieras Snake Emperor guy, his wiener no longer pokes through his robes, but his purple thong/underwear does poke through now. Maybe it's just the way the mesh is with the Asian type robes. Also he spawned in all three times with either a huge/or stallion sized wiener trait (every time), from the Carnalitas mod, but other people's stallion sized wieners don't poke through their robes, so it must just be a mesh issue with Asian type robes.

But yeah The DNA old age problem is fixed now with your latest update.

Thank you

The problem with the Potentate guy, is that he is supposed to wear Tabi socks, which are just socks... so he is going to be naked down there under the robe.

Tried fix this by adding some briefs, but i guess its not enough? For me it was somewhat ok, but maybe should have gone with some other methods.

Idk, might come back later try polish it a bit (and also keep tracking down issues with shoes, like for example some Khajiit have shoes, even thought they are not supposed to)

2 minutes ago, csirke128 said:

The problem with the Potentate guy, is that he is supposed to wear Tabi socks, which are just socks... so he is going to be naked down there under the robe.

Tried fix this by adding some briefs, but i guess its not enough? For me it was somewhat ok, but maybe should have gone with some other methods.

Idk, might come back later try polish it a bit (and also keep tracking down issues with shoes, like for example some Khajiit have shoes, even thought they are not supposed to)

Ah ok that makes sense. Yeah, if the Potentate had spawned in game with a normal sized or small wiener, I probably wouldn't have noticed. But because he spawned in "large and in-charge" every time I started a new game, I noticed it poking through the robes LOL! But yeah, for now the briefs is a good fix (for him not wearing anything under his robes) until you look at it later if you feel like (as you said).

interesting about the Khajiit wearing shoes (I did not notice before), I'll check it out when I play. ;)