skyrim ae 1170 won't launch a new game + mo2 disables and reorders my plugins after launching the game.

so I updated my skyrim maybe a week and a half to 2 weeks ago ish, but hadn't finished updating and installing mods until today. when I went to try to launch into the main menu, it would give me the options to make a new game or load an old save, which I deleted all my old saves as they were for the update prior to bethesda getting a stick up their butt and updating the game again after over a year. but anyways, when I try to start a new game, it will act like it was going to start a new game. the options on the main menu disappear but that's it, the screen never goes into a loading screen, it just stays on the dragon on the wall. and as for MO2 disabling my plugins when I come out of the game along with redoing the order of them I've never had this happen before with MO2. so I have 0 zero clue what's going on there. I tried to lock the load order of the plugins while I had them in the right order, but it didn't solve neither them turning off nor having their order changed. they still would turn off, and then I'm guessing since they got turned off, were able to move around. the only different thing I've done this time that I've never done with my modding before was running wyre bash and making a bashed patch leveled list. so I don't know if that might be causing some of my issues. I hope not because I will have one in my skyrimVR setup for more heavily affected leveled lists too. 

hoping someone can help here, not sure if there's a log or something to share, since if it is a mod that's the issue, I'm not sure what it'd be besides my bashed patch. and I don't know if there's just a general log somewhere either.

thanks in advance for whoever can help me figure this out.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

Engine Fixes has a setting that is broken in 1130 and 1170 versions. You need to edit the config file from that mod and disable the achievements patch.

so that let me get into the loading screen after clicking new game, but immediately after the loading screen was done my game CTD'd. Papyrus.0.log here's my papyrus log from my attempt I had it crash on. I tried to do a glance through it to see if something stood out to me. but I have no clue what to look for so I don't know if there's something in there that indicates the culprit. if someone doesn't mind taking a look I'd appreciate it.

also how in the hell did you know I use engine fixes?

Papyrus.0.log

1 hour ago, deathtome1998 said:

so that let me get into the loading screen after clicking new game, but immediately after the loading screen was done my game CTD'd. Papyrus.0.log here's my papyrus log from my attempt I had it crash on. I tried to do a glance through it to see if something stood out to me. but I have no clue what to look for so I don't know if there's something in there that indicates the culprit. if someone doesn't mind taking a look I'd appreciate it.

I know some people can infer some useful information from papyrus logs. But Papyrus logs are not crash logs. If you want something to look at in this regards you should use Crash Logger or similar.

also how in the hell did you know I use engine fixes?

The problem you describe is a known and very common issue from these last 2 updates.

7 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

I know some people can infer some useful information from papyrus logs. But Papyrus logs are not crash logs. If you want something to look at in this regards you should use Crash Logger or similar.

I never did know if I needed a pdb from crash loggers optional downloads or not. I guess it must come with one for skyrim ae because I did finally find a crash log.crash-2024-03-15-00-25-22.log hopefully this is more helpful.

12 hours ago, deathtome1998 said:

I never did know if I needed a pdb from crash loggers optional downloads or not.

Most likely the pdb distributed with Crash Logger is for Crash Logger itself. You'd only need that if you intend to debug Crash Logger's dll, which is most likely not what you're doing. There was a SkyrimSE.pdb file floating around these forums some while back, no idea where it originated from, but I managed to snatch it. I imagine this is what the kids feel like when they catch a rare pokemon.

Anyhow, when it comes to your latest crash log... I'd disable SkyrimPlatform.dll and test again. Since that most likely didn't fix the issue, the next thing would be things like wearable lanterns, butterflies and rainbows that follow you, candlelight and facelight (and similar) spells and AlternateConversationCamera.dll. However I suspect that also won't lead anywhere or fix anything, so failing all that, do the following:

1. Get to the main menu.
  2. Start a new game like you normally would.
  3. Grab the crash log, make note of the top 3 callstack entries (#0, #1 and #2).
  4. Restart the game, get to the main menu, star the game like you normally would again (basically repeat what you just did).
  5. Grab the crash log again, compare the top 3 callstack entries. If they're different, upload both logs, otherwise upload one of them.
  6. Restart the game again,
  7. Open the console.
  8. Use the "coc" command to teleport yourself (yes, teleport from the main menu) to... say 3 different cells. Try for example: Whiterun city, maybe the Riverwood exterior, and the Markarth stables (indoors). Indoors, outdoors, different ends of the world, ...
  9. Upload the logs from all 3 of these tests, regardless of if the top of the callstack is identical.

When comparing callstack entries, the relevant information to compare with is marked in bold below, ignore changes in everything else for now:

PROBABLE CALL STACK:
    [0] 0x7FF78BD641E1           SkyrimSE.exe+06441E1 -> 36555+0x5E1
    [1] 0x7FF78BD6693C           SkyrimSE.exe+064693C -> 36564+0xA9C
    [2] 0x7FFC9D80CA99           hdtSMP64.dll+00BCA99
    [3] 0x7FF78BD5EAD5           SkyrimSE.exe+063EAD5 -> 36544+0x165
    [4] 0x7FFC9B56E170 SkyrimPlatformImpl.dll+049E170
    [5] 0x7FF78CC5BB8E           SkyrimSE.exe+153BB8E -> 109636+0x106
    [6] 0x7FFD59CE7344           KERNEL32.DLL+0017344
    [7] 0x7FFD5A3E26B1              ntdll.dll+00526B1

Posted (edited)

so after trying a couple of switches to mods to see if they'd help and removing skyrim platform and skyrim platform papyrus bridge, I still CTD as soon as the loading screen for a new game finishes. at least I think it's finishing. , I also noticed looking at this one and my other crash log from 7:29 this morning that it mentions an exception access violation and something in the probable call stack about faster hdt-smp. I originally had the main file from the files page for it, but switched to the faster hdt-smp test build 10 that's linked in the forum section new versions information and tests. neither one worked for me but according to the forum comments the test build is working for lots of people. hope this new info can help someone help me narrow down the problem.

crash-2024-03-15-14-39-11.log 

also just saw traison made a reply while I was typing this so I'll get to that when I can

Edited by deathtome1998
24 minutes ago, deathtome1998 said:

I also noticed looking at this one and my other crash log from 7:29 this morning that it mentions an exception access violation

We're dealing with an exception from the cpu (I think) in this case, so don't confuse this with access permissions in Windows. The absolute reason for why the crash occured was because it tried to dereference RAX, which at the time of the crash was 0x0. This is a null pointer, and thus is straight up a programming error and not something running Skyrim as an Administrator would fix (Edit: unless running it as an admin changes the flow of the code in a way that is relevant to this issue, but that's more dumb luck than anything).

24 minutes ago, deathtome1998 said:

I originally had the main file from the files page for it, but switched to the faster hdt-smp test build 10

This change is reflected in the latest crash log. While I decent idea, the unfortunate fact about smp is that it tends to show up in a lot of crash logs where it had nothing to do with the issue, simply because it has its tendrils in all the interesting places I suppose. That has its benefit (for us) though, as you may have noticed from your crash logs, the smp callstack entry comes with a handy (albeit mangled) function name leaking what is most likely the entire purpose of the callstack: ?onFrame@UnkEngine@hdt@@QEAAXXZ

Thanks to that, we know this is an issue that occurs in the render loop of the game (most likely), however that still leaves about a billion things that could go wrong. One positive thing in the last 2 crash logs however is that they're very similar - this issue does not appear to be moving around.

Edited by traison

Those are all practically identical, perhaps even remarkably so. The R9 register keeps jumping around, some of them mention FaderMenu, one doesn't, but I don't see that as relevant. The value in R9 is most likely a remnant from what came before, FaderMenu was probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So... currently thinking:

1. Skeleton issue.
  2. Issue with a mod with a dll.
  3. Or as previously mentioned: facelight, lantern, butterfly/rainbow/star/leaves/"anime" -effects and similar items.

I'm not able to Google this now, but here's relevant keywords if you want to do it yourself:

"WorldRoot Camera"

"NiCamera"

"SkyrimSE.exe+06441E1" * **

*  The exception offset will most likely not yield many hits if any at all, for 2 reasons: People tend to not know what it is, nor its importance and secondly, the game just updated and that shifted the offsets - someone crashed because of this exact issue before, but in an older version of Skyrim.

**  Appending "site:loverslab.com" has a tendency to get more results that are otherwise hidden.

Edit: 👻

Spoiler
8 minutes ago, deathtome1998 said:

I have an appointment

Me too. Spooky. Luckily mine is earlier, otherwise I'd question the nightly behaviors of the people across the table. Eh who am I kidding, we're all weird.

Edited by traison

so after having time for another quick test while waiting, I did get to mostly work. it loaded past the loading screen finally, but now even though have run fnis I'm t-posing for some reason. currently I'm trying to rerun fnis so we'll see if it makes a difference.

I got it to work by changing these three settings in engine fixes to false. I had originally only done the achievements one.

EnableAchievementsWithMods

SaveAddedSoundCategories

SaveScreenshots

alright no more t-posing. but I've been suffering with this since before the .1130 and .1170 updates. any source of light that I look at that's flame based like a torch or as my screenshot will show, the fires at helgen. I get this pulsing purple block, and after installing one of lux's updates and reading one of it's patches a bit more closely for embers XD, I thought I might have had it resolved. but apparently not. if anybodies got an idea why I'm getting this I'd love to know. especially since the same thing probably will be happening with my skyrimVR install once I start playing it soon.enb2024_3_15_09_36_08.bmp

so, still having the purple pulsing square on open flames, but if I recall correctly from the update prior to these 2 new ones. some of the settings in DynDOLOD did affect how strong the amount of the pulse was, but did not completely get rid of it. plus I'd rather not have to drop down to really low quality game visuals when I didn't used to have this problem a long time ago, until it suddenly showed up and I don't remember what I might have done to cause it at this point.

2 hours ago, deathtome1998 said:

so, still having the purple pulsing square on open flames

Smells like a missing texture or ENB shader glitch to me. So, I'd disable ENB, as that would give a hint as to where to start looking.

46 minutes ago, traison said:

Smells like a missing texture or ENB shader glitch to me. So, I'd disable ENB, as that would give a hint as to where to start looking.

if by disabling ENB you just mean try turning the effects off while I'm in the game, that didn't fix it, if I need to uninstall something that's specifically related to ENB like the binaries, then I'll have to try that after I get a confirmation as to that being what I was supposed to do.

28 minutes ago, deathtome1998 said:

if by disabling ENB you just mean try turning the effects off while I'm in the game, that didn't fix it, if I need to uninstall something that's specifically related to ENB like the binaries, then I'll have to try that after I get a confirmation as to that being what I was supposed to do.

In that case I'd assume something replaced the objects that have this issue, and the missing texture would be somewhere in the nif file that was replaced. Maybe a particle emitter or something along those lines.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, traison said:

In that case I'd assume something replaced the objects that have this issue, and the missing texture would be somewhere in the nif file that was replaced. Maybe a particle emitter or something along those lines.

I reran DynDOLOD and it seems that something is making some of the textures for mxash, mxembers, and mxwoodburning not be found. some are used by embers XD patch for inferno, some are just embers XD, some are skyrim, some dawnguard, 2 from wintersun, couple from a creation club thing from the AE upgrade, 2 from my bashed patch.

might try just getting rid of inferno and seeing what that does. but first I'll move inferno above embers XD in my left pane of MO2. see if that changes anything.

Edited by deathtome1998
Posted (edited)

alrighty then, soooo moving embers XD below inferno fixed the issue. wish I had known that was my problem so so long ago. but oh well. guess I might be able to tag this as solved then.

EDIT, maybe not. I get as far as exiting racemenu, the camera turning forward, and my characters gear equipping, then CTD. so I will upload the newest crash log then and see if someone knows what the hell is going on now. the first time it happened it happened as I described in previously, the second time it CTD'd was upon trying to load the save the game made after exiting racemenu.

CTD 1.crash-2024-03-16-01-54-43.log 

CTD 2.crash-2024-03-16-01-57-04.log

Edited by deathtome1998

Those crashes were indirectly caused by ConsoleUtilSSE.dll. Similar issue as here. In your case it crashed because something tried to write to the in-game console. In one instance it seems like it may have been iSUmUtil.psc, and in the other it may have been _STA_SexDialogUtil.psc. While the issue is not the same as in the thread above, I wouldn't be surprised if the fix was identical.

1 hour ago, traison said:

Those crashes were indirectly caused by ConsoleUtilSSE.dll. Similar issue as here. In your case it crashed because something tried to write to the in-game console. In one instance it seems like it may have been iSUmUtil.psc, and in the other it may have been _STA_SexDialogUtil.psc. While the issue is not the same as in the thread above, I wouldn't be surprised if the fix was identical.

so I already am using consoleutilSSE NG version 1.5.1. so I don't think it's that. but I had seen that in the crash logs and wondered why I was getting a probable call stack mentioning that .dll when I knew I had the correct version of consoleutilsSSENG. guess the mystery will continue for now.

using consoleutilSSE NG version 1.5.1

Newest doesn't mean flawless. Do you have alternatives?

The alternate approach would be to figure out what the Papyrus end is passing to ConsoleUtilSSE, and try to prevent bad data from being passed to it:

1. Open iSUmUtil.psc and/or _STA_SexDialogUtil.psc.
  2. Locate where it calls ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage.
  3. Add a Debug.Trace before it and print the string being passed to PrintMessage.
  4. Analyze the Papyrus log.
  5. Add necessary checks for the string before PrintMessage.
  6. Compile the altered script.
5 hours ago, traison said:

Newest doesn't mean flawless. Do you have alternatives?

The alternate approach would be to figure out what the Papyrus end is passing to ConsoleUtilSSE, and try to prevent bad data from being passed to it:

1. Open iSUmUtil.psc and/or _STA_SexDialogUtil.psc.
  2. Locate where it calls ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage.
  3. Add a Debug.Trace before it and print the string being passed to PrintMessage.
  4. Analyze the Papyrus log.
  5. Add necessary checks for the string before PrintMessage.
  6. Compile the altered script.

so, I can't find an alternative to consoleutilNG.

and as for the 2 payprus scripts, I literally do not have them. I opened my MO2's virtual folder and ran a search for both of them, nothing for either one.

not sure what to do now, but running on only about 4 hours of sleep is making this be real annoying. I just want to play my skyrim by the nine divines, (yes I still include talos. nords and stormcloaks always, fight me).

so, I can't find an alternative to consoleutilNG.

and as for the 2 payprus scripts, I literally do not have them. I opened my MO2's virtual folder and ran a search for both of them, nothing for either one.

not sure what to do now, but running on only about 4 hours of sleep is making this be real annoying. I just want to play my skyrim by the nine divines, (yes I still include talos. nords and stormcloaks always, fight me).

Check inside BSA archives. The Papyrus engine prints some really silly errors some times, but I have never had it invent file names - they exist.

24 minutes ago, traison said:

Check inside BSA archives. The Papyrus engine prints some really silly errors some times, but I have never had it invent file names - they exist.

just checked all my sexlab related BSA archives for the .psc files, still not seeing them. it's so weird to me that I can't find what it's referencing.