POD CBO Patch

CBO compatibility patch for Princes of Darkness.

Haven't played POD before, so let me know if some things are missing.

1.12.1 requires "CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix" until CBO is updated, also the unofficial fix requires Carnalitas 2.4

Converted all the meshes to CBO rig, and generated the blend shapes for the clothes.

Changes:

common/bookmark_portraits:

common/dna_data:

common/ethnicities:

Added the CBO genes.

common/genes:

Added the no portrait gene to weights

events:

Fix conflicts with carnalitas

gfx/court_scene:

Merged the court scene cultures

gfx/models/portraits:

Re-exported the meshes with CBO rig, same with animations.

Merged the .asset files for male and female body/head

Left most of the props untouched, as they seem to have their own skeleton

gfx/portraits:

Added the CBO tags to some clothes to help with clipping, and gave POD precedence on some files

gui:

Merged the changes done by CBO and Carnalitas. Not sure if some parts are missing, let me know if they are

Load Order:

CFP (Optional)

POD

Carnalitas 2.4

CBO 1.8.4

CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix

CFP CBO Patch (Optional)

POD CBO Patch

CFP+POD CBO Patch (Optional)

Old files can be found at https://mega.nz/folder/xt9BDK4B#1fQHnDCBCoNQYz0itR3oRw

Edited by csirke128
2 hours ago, llyarc said:

Carnalitas and POD seem to be incompatible in the character UI, such as Prowess and Minions interface. In addition, Red Order seems to have two hats.

Thanks! Added a fix for the gui (included in 1.0.1 as well), and made a compatibility patch for CFP, so POD headgear will remove the CFP headgear

On 3/8/2024 at 10:52 PM, csirke128 said:

Thanks! Added a fix for the gui (included in 1.0.1 as well), and made a compatibility patch for CFP, so POD headgear will remove the CFP headgear

Also I've noticed that gargoyles wear helmets in war, which looks strange and has not occurred before

On 3/9/2024 at 1:26 PM, llyarc said:

Also I've noticed that gargoyles wear helmets in war, which looks strange and has not occurred before

Thanks for the notice, updated the CFP compatibility patch, so it will prevent it assigning headgear in a few more instances (hopefully)

Let me know if they still wear helmets, not sure how priority is handled for headgear between CFP and POD.

26 minutes ago, LazyIcarus said:

Thanks for looking into this compatibility. There seems to be an issue with the heels raised gene (not using CFP)

Ill look into this tomorrow, but the issue seems to be due to the shrink gene:

gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/99_special.txt:

special_shrink_body = {

usage = game
    shrink_body = {
        dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
                mode = add
                gene = gene_shrink_body
                template = shrink_all
                   value = 1 # For the randomness to work correctly
            }
        }   
        weight = {
            base = 10
            modifier = {
                factor = 0
                is_immortal = yes
            }
        }
    }
}

Seems like its disabled for immortals, and the high heel effect is applied through this gene.

If you remove the modifier, then high heels work, but not sure what the mod author tried to achieve with this, will look into that.

Also a lot of clipping issues are meant to be solved by shrink body, so kinda bad that POD disables it.

53 minutes ago, xX_HSMACHINE_Xx said:

prowess is affecting character apperance, figured its because of physical attributes mod, anyone has a fix?

If you are using PA, and the unofficial fix, then you probably want to delete CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers\zzz_weight.txt

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dragonshin said:

hello, what's the best version of the game to mod? that's compatible with most mods.

Hi, not sure if this is the best thread to ask, i think lot of the mods are compatible with current version (1.12.*). Usually the minor version (so the last number) doesn't matter as much as the 2nd number. Some of the mods made for earlier versions might also be compatible, but this depends on what the mod does.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ktobadz said:

My scroll bar from barber shop is missing. Do you have this bug in your test build?

Hi, that usually means you are loading barbershop too early in the load order, and something else is overwriting it.

You should try move better barbershop to the end of the load order.

5 hours ago, nem_sei44 said:

Help, I can’t play; it crashes every time I choose a character and hit play. There is also this strange thing: Horus and a couple of other characters have spherical bodies?

fathorus.png

Hi, can you paste your load order? Also can you attach an error.log? There is a logs folder next to the mod folder.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, can you paste your load order? Also can you attach an error.log? There is a logs folder next to the mod folder.

The game is not creating a new error log. I tried 5 times, but the game crashes, and no new error log appears in the folder. Only the old ones are there. The most recent one I was not using CBO. Now, looking at it, I think it’s not enough for you to help me. However, here’s the loading order, in case it helps with anything

Captura de tela 2024-05-03 124455.png

Edited by nem_sei44
17 minutes ago, nem_sei44 said:

The game is not creating a new error log. I tried 5 times, but the game crashes, and no new error log appears in the folder. Only the old ones are there. The most recent one I was not using CBO. Now, looking at it, I think it’s not enough for you to help me. However, here’s the loading order, in case it helps with anything

Captura de tela 2024-05-03 124455.png

Hi, does it work without CBO Unofficial fix and POD CBO Patch? In theory it should still load and not crash, you would just have clothing that are very weird, and naked characters.

Can you also try without POD, and just using Carnalitas + CBO + CBO Unofficial fix?

Posted (edited)

I have tested it now. Without the POD Patch, it works. I can play normally, except that the clothes of some characters are glitched, specifically the Egyptian and Greek armor. Now, without the unofficial fix, the game crashes almost instantly. Finally, without POD, only Carnalitas and CBO+Unofficial fix, as you requested, also works perfectly. It seems there may be an issue with the POD patch.

Captura de tela 2024-05-03 140909.png

Captura de tela 2024-05-03 143527.png

Captura de tela 2024-05-03 144640.png

Edited by nem_sei44
1 hour ago, nem_sei44 said:

I have tested it now. Without the POD Patch, it works. I can play normally, except that the clothes of some characters are glitched, specifically the Egyptian and Greek armor. Now, without the unofficial fix, the game crashes almost instantly. Finally, without POD, only Carnalitas and CBO+Unofficial fix, as you requested, also works perfectly. It seems there may be an issue with the POD patch.

Captura de tela 2024-05-03 140909.png

Captura de tela 2024-05-03 143527.png

Captura de tela 2024-05-03 144640.png

Hi, I noticed some broken clothing due to an update, and uploaded a new version, can you check if that helps?

certainly resolved something; previously, the game would crash during the loading screen immediately after character selection. Now, it manages to load the map, but it crashes shortly afterward. Some persistent problems remain, such as abnormal character bodies—like the super fat Horus i mentioned in my first comment. However, the clothing appears normal, and I've managed to obtain the error log, which I hope will be helpful.

error.log