Fit and fat stats don't change reliably, and I can't figure out why.

After wondering why ritual gorging was showing no visible weight gain, I checked the variables and fatness has remained virtually static since the household's start. No physique locks or mods are applied. I've tried troubleshooting by stripping out every mod* but it looks like this is a base-game problem. "Gradual Physique Changes" notes that the variables seem to get stuck at certain thresholds, but this isn't consistent between sims (one household would freeze weight at any value below -62, then get stuck again around -57; another wouldn't change even from 0). Similar issue with fitness: sometimes cardio reduces weight, sometimes they'll run the treadmill all day with no change; sometimes muscle gain locks if fatness is frozen, sometimes it changes normally.

I also noticed a discrepancy between how physique renders in CAS vs in-game: fatness below -62 hides muscle tone completely, while -62 and above shows it properly.

Does anyone know if there's a fix, or a mod that corrects this?

(Aside: all the mods that intentionally lock physique changes cover both fitness and fatness, but are there any that handle the stats separately, and/or work "one-way"?)

* except MCCC to check the values

well first of all I would get rid of any mods, that somehow interfere (even if wanted) with the physique.

Also with MCCC you can lock physique changes for one sim or for the complete household.
Maybe you can also disable these changes for the savegame? I am not sure.