[mod] EPE + ROA / MB+ CBO Patch

EPE + ROA / MB+ CBO Patch

CBO compatibility patch for Ethnicities and Portraits Expanded, Rajas of Asia and More Bookmarks+.

1.12.1 requires "CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix" until CBO is updated, which also requires Carnalitas 2.5

https://mega.nz/file/Jl9RnbhK#u0d_x4a6JI84-oaRooZA_VRYPkGcYk0IOpLdqp2wNyU

More Bookmarks+ requires the compatibility patch for Rajas of Asia (ROA CBO Patch), as More Bookmarks+ includes the same clothing changes.

Merged the clothing changes done by EPE with the changes done by CBO

I reused some of the CBO meshes where there was no EPE equivalent.

Changes:

common/dna_data:

Added the genes added by CBO to all the files.

common/ethnicities:

Merged the changes made by CBO and EPE

common/genes:

Merged the CBO and EPE genes. (headgear, clothes)

CBO + EPE contains more than 256 headgears, so added a new gene for EPE headgears

gfx/models/portraits:

Merged the changes made by CBO and EPE in male_head.asset and female_head.asset

Merged the CBO and EPE clothes files. EPE mostly uses meshes that are part of the original game, so just had to update the .asset files so that these clothes will use the attributes added by CBO. There were a few clothes that included separate mesh files, but these looked similar to some existing clothes, so i replaced the meshes with the CBO compatible ones.

Made the cloaks compatible with CBO

gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers:

Removed the EPE legwears, as they used incompatible meshes.

Changed the headgear files so it will only apply the normal or EPE headgears. Also updated the headgears to use the new genes for EPE headgears in the historical characters file.

localization:

Added back some localization for the EPE headgears, as they now have a different name in the localization files. Some might still be missing.

Load order:

CFP + EPE:

CFP

EPE

Carnalitas 2.5

CBO 1.8.4

CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix

CFP CBO Patch

EPE CBO Patch

CFP+EPE CBO Patch

EPE+ROA:

EPE

ROA

Carnalitas 2.5

CBO 1.8.4

EPE CBO Patch

ROA CBO Patch

EPE+ROA CBO Patch

CFP+EPE+ROA:

CFP

EPE

ROA

Carnalitas 2.5

CBO 1.8.4

CFP CBO Patch

EPE CBO Patch

CFP+EPE CBO Patch

ROA CBO Patch

EPE+ROA CBO Patch

CFP+EPE+ROA CBO Patch

MB+:

MB+

Carnalitas 2.5

CBO

ROA CBO Patch

MB+ CBO Patch

CFP+EPE+MB+:

CFP

EPE

MB+

MB + EPE/CFP

Carnalitas 2.5

CBO 1.8.4

CFP CBO Patch

EPE CBO Patch

CFP+EPE CBO Patch

ROA CBO Patch

EPE+ROA CBO Patch

CFP+EPE+ROA CBO Patch

CFP+EPE+MB+ CBO Patch

Screenshots made with load order:

Ethnicities & Portraits Expanded
Character Body Overhaul
EPE CBO Patch
Congenital Beauty
Fair Lords
Fair Ladies
Regula Magistri 2
Better Barbershop
Brighter Portraits Final Version

If you apply CBO Weight + Barber fix, you should load Better Barber shop after CBO

Optional Files:

EPE CBO Age Patch 3.1.zip:

Changes the gene morphs, so that characters don't visibly age much beyond 30-40 years old.

EPE CBO Patch Opt Regula Magistri 2.zip:

Regula Magistri 2 adds some skin palettes, that will cause characters to be weirdly colored, likely because EPE changes the range for character skin colors, and hits the region which RM2 changed. Also changes the cultures added by RM2 to use the ethnicities of EPE.

Compatibility:

Base Game: 1.11.5, CBO: 1.8.4, EPE CBO Patch: 2.2-

Base Game: 1.12.1, CBO: 1.8.4, EPE CBO Patch: 3.0+

Community Flavor Pack

CFP+EPE CBO Patch 3.1.zip

Makes CFP CBO Patch and EPE CBO Patch compatible

CFP+EPE+ROA CBO Patch 3.1.zip

Makes CFP CBO Patch, EPE CBO Patch and ROA CBO Patch compatible

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/07/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    Ethnicities and Portraits Expanded, Character Body Overhaul

Edited by csirke128
59 minutes ago, Dwjliel said:

eeeeeeeeeeeexcellent

Can it + EPE be added mid game  do u know? Or fresh saves only?

I think it would mess with the genes too much, but i guess if the save is not ironman, you can try enable the mod, and see what happens.

Lot of the stuff that EPE does i think applied at startup, so if you just add it, it won't change the existing character's genes.

3 hours ago, sagimine1 said:

Is the RICE opt folders are for the Rajas of India mod?

Regional Immersion and Cultural Enrichment

I don't see Rajas of India on steam, only Rajas of Asia, I'll check if that needs a compatibility patch as well.

5 hours ago, MisterGrim said:

Uh which one do I install for the file? I understand the patch but then the weight and the opt age? What do they do?

Theres some more detail in the change log.

If you use EPE only, you only need EPE CBO Patch 1.2.1.zip

If you also use Culture Expanded, you need to add EPE CBO Patch Opt Culture Expanded.zip, just extract into same folder, it will merge into 1 mod.
If you also use RICE (Regional Immersion and Cultural Enrichment), then also add EPE CBO Patch Opt RICE.zip
If you also use Regula Magistri 2, add  EPE CBO Patch Opt Regula Magistri 2.zip

This is unrelated to the mod, but didnt want to create a new mod topic for it: CBO Weight + Barber.zip
It fixes the bug that CBO weight sliders and muscularity doesnt work with Barber.

This patch changes gene morphs, so that characters dont look so old: EPE CBO Patch Opt Age.zip
I think EPE characters look a bit too old, this one definately goes the other way, i made aging 10-20% as effective, so a character might stop looking older than like 30-40 year old.

Edited by csirke128
2 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Theres some more detail in the change log.

If you use EPE only, you only need EPE CBO Patch 1.2.1.zip

If you also use Culture Expanded, you need to add EPE CBO Patch Opt Culture Expanded.zip, just extract into same folder, it will merge into 1 mod.
If you also use RICE (Regional Immersion and Cultural Enrichment), then also add EPE CBO Patch Opt RICE.zip
If you also use Regula Magistri 2, add  EPE CBO Patch Opt Regula Magistri 2.zip

This is unrelated to the mod, but didnt want to create a new mod topic for it: CBO Weight + Barber.zip
It fixes the bug that CBO weight sliders and muscularity doesnt work with Barber.

This patch changes gene morphs, so that characters dont look so old: EPE CBO Patch Opt Age.zip
I think EPE characters look a bit too old, this one definately goes the other way, i made aging 10-20% as effective, so a character might stop looking older than like 30-40 year old.

So where would I put the weight and age patches in load order? Under the EPE CBO patch? Also thanks for replying so quick

Edit: Oh it seems to have put them in the files after extraction. That was what I was supposed to do yeah?

Edited by MisterGrim
New information
21 minutes ago, MisterGrim said:

So where would I put the weight and age patches in load order? Under the EPE CBO patch? Also thanks for replying so quick

Edit: Oh it seems to have put them in the files after extraction. That was what I was supposed to do yeah?

Yea, the patches just add to the existing mods, so you only end up with 1 mod in the end

So the CBO patch just overwrites a file in CBO.

Could make them into separate mods, but seems more of a hassle.

6 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Regional Immersion and Cultural Enrichment

I don't see Rajas of India on steam, only Rajas of Asia, I'll check if that needs a compatibility patch as well.

Rajas of India was the old name. Rajas of Asia;https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2509174436&searchtext=roa,  is the changed name from last year? Any who, it may not be compatible. Due to Rajas of Asia does not have a standalone EPE compatch. The only compatch (currently dated) that use to work is the ROA+CFP+EPE compatch; https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2805474521&searchtext=roa.

Edited by sagimine1
On 2/13/2024 at 3:24 PM, sagimine1 said:

Rajas of India was the old name. Rajas of Asia;https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2509174436&searchtext=roa,  is the changed name from last year? Any who, it may not be compatible. Due to Rajas of Asia does not have a standalone EPE compatch. The only compatch (currently dated) that use to work is the ROA+CFP+EPE compatch; https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2805474521&searchtext=roa.

Sorry, was busy with work.

I added a patch, but i think its shows the limits of my method to make them compatible.

The hair changes are attached to clothing changes, and those are triggered by adding clothing fx to the cultures.

So could not add the chinese and japanese hairstyles, and they are using mongol hairstyles now.

Ill go back to EPE and try figure out a way to keep the clothing fx triggers on the cultures, and somehow remove only the incompatible clothes, and then do the same for ROA, maybe then the hairstyle and headgear changes made by these mods could be preserved.

I think there should be no nude characters (except the one that randomly happens in india, i still havent figured out how to fix that), but only did a quick scan.

On 2/13/2024 at 3:24 PM, sagimine1 said:

Updated the ROA patch, i think it works a lot better, now they have the correct hair and use clothes from EPE

I‘ve followed the suggested load order and get into the game, the body and the tits size are displaying correctly in the ruler designer memu, but when enters the game, the bodyy shape for all characters remain same.

I've checked all mods loaded after CBO, nothing changed the models, kinda weird, plz help!

15 minutes ago, LGmax said:

I‘ve followed the suggested load order and get into the game, the body and the tits size are displaying correctly in the ruler designer memu, but when enters the game, the bodyy shape for all characters remain same.

I've checked all mods loaded after CBO, nothing changed the models, kinda weird, plz help!

I am mainly using EPE, RICE, CBO and Catholic Trinity

16 minutes ago, LGmax said:

I think that's a CBO issue, and not related to this patch.

CBO uses traits to change the bust size. you should try add the trait in the ruler designer thats responsible for the larger bust size. (I checked that adding the trait will cause your character to have bigger bust)

I checked the weight slider, and that seems to transfer over. I think the body fat distribution also transfers over correctly. What do you mean by body here?

For other characters, maybe you should check out

That mod seems to be what you are looking for.

17 hours ago, csirke128 said:

I think that's a CBO issue, and not related to this patch.

CBO uses traits to change the bust size. you should try add the trait in the ruler designer thats responsible for the larger bust size. (I checked that adding the trait will cause your character to have bigger bust)

I checked the weight slider, and that seems to transfer over. I think the body fat distribution also transfers over correctly. What do you mean by body here?

For other characters, maybe you should check out

That mod seems to be what you are looking for.

Yesss! Thank you!

4 hours ago, e3v2 said:

Hi, csirke128, I found some characters with wrong skin color and no hat bug, is this normal?

Hi, for the skin color, check if you have any mods that change the skin palette (gfx/portraits/skin_palette.dds), like for example Regula Magistri 2. Then either remove those skin palette changes, or add in the EPE skin palette to the compatibility patch, like what the RM2 comp patch does.

For the headgear, are you using latest version 2.1.2? In 2.1 i fixed a bug related to headgear genes, that prevented characters from getting headgear due to the indexes being over 256. Not sure if upgrading will work, might be worth checking in a new game see if they still have no headgear. (in my game, i can see headgear in England, China, and in Japan the king wears one, but the counts seem to not, not sure if its a bug ill check, i could not use the Japanese clothes added by the mod)

6 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, for the skin color, check if you have any mods that change the skin palette (gfx/portraits/skin_palette.dds), like for example Regula Magistri 2. Then either remove those skin palette changes, or add in the EPE skin palette to the compatibility patch, like what the RM2 comp patch does.

For the headgear, are you using latest version 2.1.2? In 2.1 i fixed a bug related to headgear genes, that prevented characters from getting headgear due to the indexes being over 256. Not sure if upgrading will work, might be worth checking in a new game see if they still have no headgear. (in my game, i can see headgear in England, China, and in Japan the king wears one, but the counts seem to not, not sure if its a bug ill check, i could not use the Japanese clothes added by the mod)

Thank,you!

20240219224846_1.jpg

Followed your instructions and it mostly works. Thank you for the great work.

I have ones question do you also need the CFP EPE Comatability patch in the load order or is this replaced by your CBO patches?

I have it in my load order just after the CFP and EPE mods and it does not cause problems I think. I am just wondering if I could leave it out.

I also use the Better Barbershop beta and its CBO compatability patch but where do they go in the load order, above or below the CFP CBO array?