Multiple issues, what version is ideal to start with SL, and general questions

I will preface this by stating that I was unfortunate enough to purchase Skyrim on Steam on the exact day of the 1170 update and have been googling, searching the forums, and trying desperately to figure out what to do to get a stable configuration started. I checked the notes on the SL Framework and the Modding Cheatbook and followed the installations to the letter on 1170 with no success, read that I should downpatch, downpatched to 1130 then 640 all with no success across multiple clean installations and corresponding versions of SKSE.

Given the recommendations from reading here I downloaded MO2 and looked through the tutorial video and started working with it, I checked through the FNIS tutorial, and got everything working fine up to step 20 of the cheatbook and then everything breaks down. The SexLab util does not load, follow on SL content (match maker, etc) does but has no effect (tested on 1170, 1130, and 640) or there are multiple messages saying the dll is invalid and it will be disabled. I've tried with both the AE and SE versions. The game does not crash, it just doesn't play the animations. I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I cannot for the life of me find it.

Instead of trying every possible configuration and pulling my hair out I wanted to see if there were suggestions for an appropriate version to use as a baseline to build the mods around. Any general tips or advice are extremely welcome. If this has already been covered and my search-fu is weak I apologize, but I feel like I'm reading half the solution and trying to execute it in a way that will never yield success. If there are any updated guides that I missed or read the freaking manual solutions I overlooked please let me know.

If anyone feels like helping me out and needs more information I will try to get it.

43 minutes ago, boxcrusher said:

I will preface this by stating that I was unfortunate enough to purchase Skyrim on Steam on the exact day of the 1170 update and have been googling, searching the forums, and trying desperately to figure out what to do to get a stable configuration started. I checked the notes on the SL Framework and the Modding Cheatbook and followed the installations to the letter on 1170 with no success, read that I should downpatch, downpatched to 1130 then 640 all with no success across multiple clean installations and corresponding versions of SKSE.

Given the recommendations from reading here I downloaded MO2 and looked through the tutorial video and started working with it, I checked through the FNIS tutorial, and got everything working fine up to step 20 of the cheatbook and then everything breaks down. The SexLab util does not load, follow on SL content (match maker, etc) does but has no effect (tested on 1170, 1130, and 640) or there are multiple messages saying the dll is invalid and it will be disabled. I've tried with both the AE and SE versions. The game does not crash, it just doesn't play the animations. I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I cannot for the life of me find it.

Instead of trying every possible configuration and pulling my hair out I wanted to see if there were suggestions for an appropriate version to use as a baseline to build the mods around. Any general tips or advice are extremely welcome. If this has already been covered and my search-fu is weak I apologize, but I feel like I'm reading half the solution and trying to execute it in a way that will never yield success. If there are any updated guides that I missed or read the freaking manual solutions I overlooked please let me know.

If anyone feels like helping me out and needs more information I will try to get it.

Whoa. Whoa! WHOA!!!

If your only issue is getting the animations going AND you have run FNIS (for users) what messages, if any, does it give?

1 minute ago, Psalam said:

Whoa. Whoa! WHOA!!!

If your only issue is getting the animations going AND you have run FNIS (for users) what messages, if any, does it give?

Just reran it, here's what I got:

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading Beastess V0.1 ... 
Reading Billyy_CreatureBeasts V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_CreatureHumanoids V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_CreatureHumanoidsLarge V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_CreatureInsects V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_CreatureMisc V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_Human V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_HumanLesbian V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_HumanOrgy V1.0 ... 
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_Defeat_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading Defeat V5 ... 
Reading EstrusChaurus V?.? ... 
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ... 
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ... 
Reading HCOSBestiality V1.0 ... 
Reading HCOSVore V1.0 ... 
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ... 
Reading SexLab V1.64 ... 
Reading SexLab_Aroused_Creatures V1.0 ... 
Reading SexLabAP V1.64 ... 
Reading SexLabAroused V2.9 ... 
Reading SexLabCreature V1.64 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading HCOSWildlife V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...

5315 animations for 22 mods successfully included (character).

4746 animations for 11 mods and 42 creatures successfully included..
 1 Warning(s).

Granted, after continuously installing and reinstalling I just threw everything in there. Prior to the Defeat install there were no warnings, and the original test occurred prior to half of those being installed.

1 hour ago, boxcrusher said:

Just reran it, here's what I got:

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading Beastess V0.1 ... 
Reading Billyy_Human V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_HumanLesbian V1.0 ... 
Reading Billyy_HumanOrgy V1.0 ... 
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_Defeat_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading Defeat V5 ... 
Reading EstrusChaurus V?.? ... 
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ... 
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ... 
Reading SexLab V1.64 ... 
Reading SexLabAP V1.64 ... 
Reading SexLabAroused V2.9 ... 
Reading SexLabCreature V1.64 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading HCOSWildlife V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...

5315 animations for 22 mods successfully included (character).

4746 animations for 11 mods and 42 creatures successfully included..
 1 Warning(s).

Granted, after continuously installing and reinstalling I just threw everything in there. Prior to the Defeat install there were no warnings, and the original test occurred prior to half of those being installed.

The Warning appears to indicate that you have an LE version of Defeat while running SE. Double check that, and all your animations, to make sure that they are for the correct version of Skyrim.

17 hours ago, Psalam said:

The Warning appears to indicate that you have an LE version of Defeat while running SE. Double check that, and all your animations, to make sure that they are for the correct version of Skyrim.

Alright, I disabled Defeat and reran FNIS. I saw I was still on 640 and to my surprise it still launches, has regular animations for characters, and works despite this warning:

image.png.19034a342563de00655c6ada904db25e.png

Getting into the game this time all the subsequent mods started loading in the upper left hand corner informing me that they were recognized. It did give me the following errors in a dialogue box:

"SOS Warning - PapyrusUtil not found"

"Creature Framework startup has failed check JContainers" (paraphrased)

Upon checking the help screen for Aroused in the menu it listed:

Sexlab Install Complete - FAIL

Sexlab Enabled - FAIL

SL Creature Races - FAIL

Disable Starting Teleport - PROBLEM

SL Creature Animations - FAIL

Upon checking SL in the menu it listed that it saw

SSE 2.2.4

SLUtil 1.6+

Papyrus Util 4.5+

FNIS 7.0+

I'm assuming the list of offending mods at startup and listed in the mod menu need to have their version changed or I need to revert to 1130 and try again. Please let me know if I'm completely off base and thanks for the help.

EDIT: After checking the above I found that SL was overwriting PapyrusUtil and changed the load order fixing that issue, managed to get SL to install, went to SLAL and loaded the animations, but still have an issue where Aroused/Aroused Creatures lists that there are noamins for selected npcs/creatures. If I use MatchMaker to cast on the PC I get a masturbation animation that rockets me into the sky which is amusing but not entirely helpful. I could be doing things backward as this is my first attempt at using any SL content, any help is still greatly appreciated.

SECOND EDIT: Checking further I find no creatures registered in Aroused Creatures' Allowed Creatures even after enabling the checkbox in SL Framework. In Creature Framework I can see all the creatures but I know I'm doing something wrong.

THIRD EDIT: Here's the modlist as it currently sits. I can load the save without issue, get a PC animation going, but little else. I moved XP32, SOS, and SL Framework around a bunch to see if anything helped.

Creation Club: ccBGSSSE001-Fish
Unmanaged: _ResourcePack
DLC: HearthFires
DLC: Dragonborn
DLC: Dawnguard
Creation Club: ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode
Creation Club: ccBGSSSE037-Curios
Creation Club: ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS
SkyUI_5_2_SE
SkyUI SE - Flashing Savegames Fix
UIExtensions
PapyrusUtil SE - Scripting Utility Functions
JContainers SE 222
All in one
(Part 1) SSE Engine Fixes for 1.6.629 and newer
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
Bug Fixes SSE - Anniversary Edition (1.6.629.0 and later)
BodySlide and Outfit Studio -
RaceMenu Anniversary Edition
RaceMenu Anniversary Edition 640
Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-
Bijin Skin - CBBE
CBBE AE-CC Outfits
ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_6_Full_optimized
Seductive Lips HD SE Edition
CBPC - Physics with Collisions
CBBE 3BA
Remodeled Armor SE - CBBE 3BA
FNIS Behavior SE 7_6
FNIS Creature Pack SE 7.6
FNIS Spells SE 7.0
QuickStart3 SSE
SexLabFrameworkSE_v
PapyrusUtil AE SE - Scripting Utility Functions 223
Schlongs of Skyrim SE
SOS Tweaks
Patched SE SL TOOLS Updated
SexLabArousedSSELoose
MoreNastyCrittersSE_v
CreatureFrameworkV
SexLab Aroused Creatures SE v
SexLab Aroused Creatures (Tweak)
SexLabMatchMaker
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf
Animal SOS SE
SexLab More Creatures SE v
HornyCreaturesofSkyrimSE_V
HentaiCreaturesSE_MNCSEv
SexLabWerewolvesReduxV
SexLabDragonsV
SLAL_SE
Wolves of Skyrim
Wilding
SexLabs Beastess
Papyrus Tweaks 4.1.0
Billyy's SLAL Animations 7.4
Spell Perk Item Distributor
powerofthree's Tweaks
FNIS Output
XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended

EDIT 4:

After looking at it with fresh eyes and that listed load order I found that SL 1.65 was the panacea, upon install everything checked off and PC/NPC animations are loading fine. Any suggestions on load order or additional mods would be highly appreciated, and thanks to Psalam as I didn't realize I was that close to a solution.

Edited by boxcrusher