Loading a household doesn't work

I have a lot of outdated mods probably and was expecting a bunch of error messages yelling at me to update them, however when I click play to actually play the game, it just kick me out into the manage households screen. I can CAS normally and can build lots normally. 

Instead of manually checking mod by mod, I was hoping for some insight from one of you intelligent folks for any help. Thanks.

there is nothing else but checking all your mods....
there is no tool for that and if there is even no error message and/or LE, there is not much to say, except for:

update your mods ^^

since you have "a lot" of outdated mods, there is a big chance that it is not only one mod, that is causing this error, but multiple

13 hours ago, CongoApe said:

I have a lot of outdated mods probably and was expecting a bunch of error messages yelling at me to update them, however when I click play to actually play the game, it just kick me out into the manage households screen. I can CAS normally and can build lots normally. 

Instead of manually checking mod by mod, I was hoping for some insight from one of you intelligent folks for any help. Thanks.

You can start with the most obvious updates first like UICheats, MoreCASColumns, Wicked Whims, MCCC, Nisa's WP, etc.

I just went through pretty much the same thing having to update my game and mods recently, but yesterday I found some bad CC Beds I hadn't updated yet.

(I hadn't updated since before the Werewolves patch)

Still have a few bugs to find but the game is playable at least.

Removing your mods 50% at a time into a temp folder onto  your desktop is still the easiest method when you're 'fishing for bugs'.

If your game runs fine then you know which 50% is good or bad then narrow them down by 50% again and do more testing.

Just don't make any saves with your mods removed just exit game.  

In my experience, if I get kicked to the world screen when trying to load in a household, it's because some CC specific to that household is broken.

Sometimes it's things like hair, skintones, traits, or something else the sims themselves have. Or sometimes it's a piece of furniture.

What I would do in your situation:

1.) Download Sims 4 Tray Importer.

2.) Log into the save, then "save as" and create a new save. This is entirely optional for you, but I do it because I have a habit of accidentally saving when I shouldn't. This will make sure I don't mess with my save accidentally.

3.) Click the household that you can't load, and evict them from their house.

4.) Try loading the house into build mode. If that works: Move in a basic family and play that household. If everything works, then we're now certain the problem is the household you had before not the house. If the new household fails to load, then the issue is something in the house.

4a.) If the problem is something in the house and you were able to open build mode from the map, do it again. This time save the house to your library.

4b.) If the problem was the household itself, select them in the manage households tab. Click edit. Save the household to you library.

5.) Exit sims 4 and open sims 4 tray importer. Select the house or the household that's causing problems. Broken or messed up CC should be listed in red in the CC tab. If it's not, then you're going to have to figure things out on your own. For example, what did you add to this family recently that caused it to stop working? Did you add a new couch or mirror, or shower, or fridge? Did you add a new hairstyle or trait that no other sims have? Select that CC in the tray importer and right click. Click "Show in containing folder". That'll take you to the CC file itself. Remove the file from that folder and place it on your desktop.

5a.) Try loading the original save again. See if you can play that household. If it kicks you back to the world screen, then it's something else. If the household loads, then congrats you've found the culprit.

5b.) If the household fails to load and you have no idea what-so-ever what might have caused the issue, then I recommend taking ALL the CC from the house or household and moving it to a folder on your desktop. Load the game. If the household loads, then you now know for a fact it's the CC. Do not save. Just exit without saving. Put 1 item back at a time until the game kicks you back out to the map. Then just take the last file you tried adding, put it on your desktop. Now you can keep going and adding 1 item at a time just in case it was more than 1 cc causing issues... OR move all the remaining CC back and try loading the game. If it loads, then you're done. If you get kicked, then it was more than one problem. Pull everything back out and keep going until you've found it all.

On 1/14/2024 at 9:14 AM, Faolon said:

In my experience, if I get kicked to the world screen when trying to load in a household, it's because some CC specific to that household is broken.

Sometimes it's things like hair, skintones, traits, or something else the sims themselves have. Or sometimes it's a piece of furniture.

What I would do in your situation:

1.) Download Sims 4 Tray Importer.

2.) Log into the save, then "save as" and create a new save. This is entirely optional for you, but I do it because I have a habit of accidentally saving when I shouldn't. This will make sure I don't mess with my save accidentally.

3.) Click the household that you can't load, and evict them from their house.

4.) Try loading the house into build mode. If that works: Move in a basic family and play that household. If everything works, then we're now certain the problem is the household you had before not the house. If the new household fails to load, then the issue is something in the house.

4a.) If the problem is something in the house and you were able to open build mode from the map, do it again. This time save the house to your library.

4b.) If the problem was the household itself, select them in the manage households tab. Click edit. Save the household to you library.

5.) Exit sims 4 and open sims 4 tray importer. Select the house or the household that's causing problems. Broken or messed up CC should be listed in red in the CC tab. If it's not, then you're going to have to figure things out on your own. For example, what did you add to this family recently that caused it to stop working? Did you add a new couch or mirror, or shower, or fridge? Did you add a new hairstyle or trait that no other sims have? Select that CC in the tray importer and right click. Click "Show in containing folder". That'll take you to the CC file itself. Remove the file from that folder and place it on your desktop.

5a.) Try loading the original save again. See if you can play that household. If it kicks you back to the world screen, then it's something else. If the household loads, then congrats you've found the culprit.

5b.) If the household fails to load and you have no idea what-so-ever what might have caused the issue, then I recommend taking ALL the CC from the house or household and moving it to a folder on your desktop. Load the game. If the household loads, then you now know for a fact it's the CC. Do not save. Just exit without saving. Put 1 item back at a time until the game kicks you back out to the map. Then just take the last file you tried adding, put it on your desktop. Now you can keep going and adding 1 item at a time just in case it was more than 1 cc causing issues... OR move all the remaining CC back and try loading the game. If it loads, then you're done. If you get kicked, then it was more than one problem. Pull everything back out and keep going until you've found it all.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:44 AM, Scorpio said:

You can start with the most obvious updates first like UICheats, MoreCASColumns, Wicked Whims, MCCC, Nisa's WP, etc.

I just went through pretty much the same thing having to update my game and mods recently, but yesterday I found some bad CC Beds I hadn't updated yet.

(I hadn't updated since before the Werewolves patch)

Still have a few bugs to find but the game is playable at least.

Removing your mods 50% at a time into a temp folder onto  your desktop is still the easiest method when you're 'fishing for bugs'.

If your game runs fine then you know which 50% is good or bad then narrow them down by 50% again and do more testing.

Just don't make any saves with your mods removed just exit game.  

On 1/13/2024 at 4:59 AM, thaclone said:

there is nothing else but checking all your mods....
there is no tool for that and if there is even no error message and/or LE, there is not much to say, except for:

update your mods ^^

since you have "a lot" of outdated mods, there is a big chance that it is not only one mod, that is causing this error, but multiple

Just an update and thank you to each of you. I updated the biggest mods and that solved my issue completely, MCCC, Nisa's, More CASColumns, Wicked Whims, and Basemental.