I can only load savegame by starting a new game then loading

dennse

If I try to load straight from main menu, it CTD or hangs 99% of the time, but if I start a new game then load the same save, it always works, never crashes. If I'm just playing normally it never crashes even playing for hours fast travelling etc. What's causing this? I guess it's one of my settings and not a mod.

here's my load order just in case

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(2) Dawnguard.esm
(3) Dragonborn.esm
(4) ApachiiHair.esm
(5) ApachiiHairFemales.esm
(6) RaceCompatibility.esm
(7) hdtHighHeel.esm
(8) Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
(9) SexLab.esm
(10) SexLabAroused.esm
(11) Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
(12) HighResTexturePack01.esp
(13) HighResTexturePack02.esp
(14) HighResTexturePack03.esp
(15) Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
(16) Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
(17) StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
(18) StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
(19) StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
(20) SkyUI.esp
(21) Bouncy-Bodices-Booties-Belts-Stockings.esp
(22) DonMichHeels.esp
(23) Elewin Jewelry.esp
(24) Elewin Pumps 2.esp
(25) FS_UltimateAssortment.esp
(26) JinhuaCat Outfit.esp
(27) MashupUNP.esp
(28) TavernClothes-MTM.esp
(29) Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
(30) SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
(31) SexLab Solutions.esp
(32) SkyrimSpeeds.esp
(33) Brows.esp
(34) TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
(35) TemptressVixen.esp
(36) Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
(37) CharacterMakingExtender.esp
(38) EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
(39) Extended Slider Colors.esp
(40) UNPB BBP Conversions.esp
(41) PCEA - Dawnguard - 0 - All Races.esp

It is Skyrim in general, if you save in a open cell like Riverwood, then try to reload after a restart of the game more then likely get a CTD, try and save in a empty cell like Breezehome if not purchased....best thing to do is to load up ya Alternate start prison cell then load up the save file you want, 99.9% of the time it loads..This is how a lot off people do it m8.

Usually happens because your game can't handle what you're putting in.

Keep that save that wont load as your test save.

Then remove SMIM and any other world space texture/mesh mods. ENB as well of course since you're testing here.

If your game still doesn't load, it's a problem with an esp based mod. If you're lucky this wont happen.

If it does load you can place texture packs in 1 by 1 till your game doesn't load and you know how much it can handle. You then just remove maybe your last 2 texture packs and your good to go.

SMIM is my favorite mod in my entire mod library, literally out of thousands of mods. But if I use all of the changes my game will have infinite load screens in some places. It's funny since I've been using the mod since it first came out and pretty much only made barrels animate. Now it does so much my PC can't handle the poly count and I have to pick and choose what to use from the pack. I do love those barrels *drools*.

I would be curious to see if that happens to anyone who is not using SKSE.

It is probably circumstantial evidence but that problem never ever happened to me until I started using SKSE mods. Of course, I can't tell which one is causing this or if it is even SKSE related. That's more like a gut feeling at this time.

The point is - to the OP - that this is reality with heavily modded Skyrim. Get used to it... there is no solution to that problem yet :) 

Archived