[Mod]Mandatory Sales Demos

Mandatory Sales Demos

A simple mod to to help you in reluctant playthroughs by forcing you to do Sales Demos.

LORE:

Boost Your Sales Performance with Mandatory Sales Demos! Struggling with sluggish sales and uninspired staff? It's time to revitalize your team's dedication! With our new Mandatory Sales Demos Program, your team won't just meet their targets, they'll exceed them. Say goodbye to half-hearted efforts and hello to a new era of enthusiastic selling and administrative excellence. Join us now and watch your sales soar!

WHAT IT DOES:

Once you've failed 10 total sales, the mod will try to start. You'll be called by your boss and given the news you will now have to do Mandatory Sales Demos.

After that, the mod will change your game in two ways:

1. As soon as you get to the office, you may be randomly (based on your sales performance) called to the HR to do a Mandatory Demo, and forced to chose between 3 to 4 options taken from the Notice Board. The Demo will start immediately.
  2. If a client asks for a Demo, you'll no longer be able to refuse. You have a small chance of escaping your fate by posting it to the Notice Board, which you should as well as use as a safe-guard against meaner Demos.

Completing a Demo will reduce the chances of it triggering, while failing more sales will increase its chance.

This mod is basically a wrapper around the original game's code, so it will try to use any kind of Demo that can be accessed by your sales job, including from other mods.

WHY:

To make reluctant runs more difficult and more interesting. It is very easy to avoid nastier side effects and de-buffs, so forcing you to use the pills to close the deals is another way of adding more events to the game play loop.

DEPENDENCIES:

• None

CONFLICTS:

• None that I am aware of, as it mostly wraps around the original game.

RECOMMENDED:

• DatDude's Demo Experiments - Adds more demos to the game.
  • [XCL] Mean Leads - Makes nastier demos more common when you start the game.

FUTURE:

Add more images, and maybe more scenes.

I think this general concept could be applied to the Secretary pill too. If you refuse the pill after failing four consecutive sales, that's basically the end of it. After that point, it's readily available to use at work. Maybe after the first refusal, and another four failed sales, the Secretary pill no longer becomes optional. Your boss gives you an even bigger ultimatum: take it or you're fired.  

6 hours ago, NSFW_COBRA said:

I think this general concept could be applied to the Secretary pill too. If you refuse the pill after failing four consecutive sales, that's basically the end of it. After that point, it's readily available to use at work. Maybe after the first refusal, and another four failed sales, the Secretary pill no longer becomes optional. Your boss gives you an even bigger ultimatum: take it or you're fired.  

I am actually working on another mod to expand the Secretary Pill content, but the main idea is just what you've said, to force your character into the role.

14 hours ago, Bobtheunecessary said:

I've got 33 failed sale streak and nothing has triggered, not sure what's up.

It should trigger when you start a working day, but only after you've received the option to work as a secretary (around 5 fails).

It also won't trigger if your last sale was successful.

Would you mind opening the console (press 2 while the game is loaded), run the following text and post me the results?

$forced_demo_stage is 0 and $sales_failed > $forced_demo_min_lead_fails and $office_events contains "secretary punish intro"

I would go further and completely remove the option to refuse a demo or most demos based on RNG (in fact, I played a character who was eager to climb the career ladder, and making thousands $$$ with quick sales thru phone is not how it should work), AND/OR make a harsher punishment for refusing a demo that could bring company a lot of money, but it didn't because some random employee was too scared to take the pill (why work there then).

5 hours ago, Vigor said:

I would go further and completely remove the option to refuse a demo or most demos based on RNG (in fact, I played a character who was eager to climb the career ladder, and making thousands $$$ with quick sales thru phone is not how it should work), AND/OR make a harsher punishment for refusing a demo that could bring company a lot of money, but it didn't because some random employee was too scared to take the pill (why work there then).

Added this in the latest version, you can no longer refuse demos; will fine tune it based on feedback.

I will try to think a way to track failed demos and failed/missed requests demos for the next version.

44 minutes ago, onamawas said:

Added this in the latest version, you can no longer refuse demos; will fine tune it based on feedback.

I will try to think a way to track failed demos and failed/missed requests demos for the next version.

Nice! That was fast :D I would also suggest to add money punishment for failing demos (because there are no good money sinks at all), but it's always hard to balance the economy in such games, so you either have tons of money or none at all...

I dont know, if it is because of another mod, but i am not getting forced to make presentations. already worked as a secretary intro and did one secretary shift, the console command put this one out 

0 is 0 and 0 > 10 and first pill unlocked,secretary punish intro,first secretary,second pill unlocked,first insta strip demo,secretary punish,commission penalty contains "secretary punish intro"

Maybe there are conflicts with other mods?

Nevermind, foun d my error, but to be honest, in tze description its sounds like you need 10 failed sales in total, not in a row to get things running.

Edited by Syra2
On 1/4/2024 at 12:38 AM, Syra2 said:

I dont know, if it is because of another mod, but i am not getting forced to make presentations. already worked as a secretary intro and did one secretary shift, the console command put this one out 

Maybe there are conflicts with other mods?

Nevermind, foun d my error, but to be honest, in tze description its sounds like you need 10 failed sales in total, not in a row to get things running.

Hum, you are correct, I've changed it to track total failed sales (after you've added the mod). Should work as intended now.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think it would be possible to make the player to fully commit during forced demos? What I mean is currently I can choose "SWP Hot & Ready" demo and then refuse it when it starts. Alternatively, there can be a punishment for failing a forced demo, e.g. instantly redusing commisions without waiting for 5 failed sales.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 10:46 AM, Vigor said:

Do you think it would be possible to make the player to fully commit during forced demos? What I mean is currently I can choose "SWP Hot & Ready" demo and then refuse it when it starts. Alternatively, there can be a punishment for failing a forced demo, e.g. instantly redusing commisions without waiting for 5 failed sales.

Yes, but it would require me to rewrite a few parts in each demo. It would also make the "Demo Experiments" mod either a hard requirement or in need of an extra file. These changes would make the mod less compatible with other mods and to game version changes. But I like the idea, maybe I'll release it as an optional file.

2 hours ago, onamawas said:

Yes, but it would require me to rewrite a few parts in each demo. It would also make the "Demo Experiments" mod either a hard requirement or in need of an extra file. These changes would make the mod less compatible with other mods and to game version changes. But I like the idea, maybe I'll release it as an optional file.

I actually made some changes to achieve that for myself while learning XCL modding, but didn't share them. I'll attach the file, so feel free to use some ideas^^
What I did is:
1. Removed the "Back" button when you choose a mandatory demo, which adds some RNG instead of choosing the easiest one.

2. For "Hot & Ready" first demo you are "forced" to sign it. It simply sends you to the next quest stage after showing some thoughts that you don't want to disappoint the boss when you try to refuse the demo.

3. For the "Dumb Bitch" it's pretty much the same, but with the option to use 2 action points to chicken out. Although, considering I play with only 1 AP, my character got inevitably "bimbofied" after failing a few demos.

4. "GoodGirl Petite" & other demos with bluffing: you can also refuse for 2 action points, but only if the client wasn't bluffing. If he was bluffing, then refusing actually makes you complete the demo.

All my changes use the "[around]" tag, so it doesn't conflict with anything, but I can't say that I'm perfectly happy with the current version, because only the "Dumb Bitch" feels like a punishment (and you can actually lose the game). In "Hot & Ready" you can ignore selling lemonade and focus on not gaining "heat", then just go home and get an easier demo. And "GoodGirl Petite" I guess isn't supposed to be punishing anyway, because you can't lose stats there, except some reputation at work.

mandatory_sales_demos.twee

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 9:42 AM, Vigor said:

I actually made some changes to achieve that for myself while learning XCL modding, but didn't share them. I'll attach the file, so feel free to use some ideas^^
What I did is:
1. Removed the "Back" button when you choose a mandatory demo, which adds some RNG instead of choosing the easiest one.

2. For "Hot & Ready" first demo you are "forced" to sign it. It simply sends you to the next quest stage after showing some thoughts that you don't want to disappoint the boss when you try to refuse the demo.

3. For the "Dumb Bitch" it's pretty much the same, but with the option to use 2 action points to chicken out. Although, considering I play with only 1 AP, my character got inevitably "bimbofied" after failing a few demos.

4. "GoodGirl Petite" & other demos with bluffing: you can also refuse for 2 action points, but only if the client wasn't bluffing. If he was bluffing, then refusing actually makes you complete the demo.

All my changes use the "[around]" tag, so it doesn't conflict with anything, but I can't say that I'm perfectly happy with the current version, because only the "Dumb Bitch" feels like a punishment (and you can actually lose the game). In "Hot & Ready" you can ignore selling lemonade and focus on not gaining "heat", then just go home and get an easier demo. And "GoodGirl Petite" I guess isn't supposed to be punishing anyway, because you can't lose stats there, except some reputation at work.

mandatory_sales_demos.twee 26.99 kB · 5 downloads

I’ll probably add some of those and credit you, if you are ok with that,

5 hours ago, onamawas said:

I’ll probably add some of those and credit you, if you are ok with that,

Sure. I haven't checked if anything changed in version 0.19 for affected demos, but it seems to work fine.