My mods are disabled on launch with v1.6.1130

I have 500+ mods installed in MO2 and the game ran fine before the last update. Now I have updated all the mods that MO reported having incompatible DLLs, and installed esl backwards compatibility, so I can run the game. On launch however, it seems most of my mods are disabled when I launch(or when I quit?) the game, because I can't even start a new game with Alternative Start. I'm getting the vanilla start instead and if I quit, ALL mods are disabled in MO2. The only thing that suggested I had mods installed was the font and background on the main menu.

Edited by RoninDog

I didn't update, I assumed the update would break my mods. Launch from SKSE and it doesn't update, if you're playing through steam... I guess you updated intentionally? If you're on GOG you can roll back to previous version. I can only suggest to wait for a mod that rolls it back. Hopefully someone has a more immediate suggestion.

Edited by chooo
Typo
12 minutes ago, chooo said:

I didn't update, I assumed the update would break my mods. launch from SKEE and it doesn't update, if you're playing through steam... I guess you updated intentionally? If you're on GOG you can roll back to previous version. I can only suggest to wait for a mod that rolls it back. Hopefully someone has a more immediate suggestion.

Oh how I wish I had blocked the game from updating. I usually play offline and when I went online it just started rolling. But I found out that the issue was a certain setting in Engine Fixes that isn't compatible(can't get achievements with mods enabled anymore).

33 minutes ago, RoninDog said:

I have 500+ mods installed in MO2 and the game ran fine before the last update. Now I have updated all the mods that MO reported having incompatible DLLs, and installed esl backwards compatibility, so I can run the game. On launch however, it seems most of my mods are disabled when I launch(or when I quit?) the game, because I can't even start a new game with Alternative Start. I'm getting the vanilla start instead and if I quit, ALL mods are disabled in MO2. The only thing that suggested I had mods installed was the font and background on the main menu.

Assuming you don't want to roll-back, the source of the "mods disabled on start" is one of the SKSE dlls (bug fix type) that is very popular.  I *think* the mod has been updated, but since I can't remember the name of it, can't be sure about that.

16 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Assuming you don't want to roll-back, the source of the "mods disabled on start" is one of the SKSE dlls (bug fix type) that is very popular.  I *think* the mod has been updated, but since I can't remember the name of it, can't be sure about that.

I mentioned it in my comment above yours, if you had read. I tried to roll back but not sure if I did it right because MO2 couldn't recognize the install. Do you know anything about that?

35 minutes ago, RoninDog said:

I mentioned it in my comment above yours, if you had read. I tried to roll back but not sure if I did it right because MO2 couldn't recognize the install. Do you know anything about that?

No, didn't see it.  Post didn't exist while I was replying, probably because this site is slowly (but steadily!) turning to dogshit.  And the usual reason MO2 doesn't see things is if you didn't run the non-MO/non-SKSE executable after updating/downgrading.  Not sure if that's your case though.

21 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Engine Fixes has a patch to enable achievements. That's broken because the 1.6.1130 update broke Steam integration. You need to disable the achievement patch. Or downgrade, properly, it should work. 1130 isn't stable or supported enough to be worth using.

Really? I got it working with a few updates and after swapping out a few skse mods. Only 1 esp was missing from my save and I had no crashes so far. SexLab 1.66 is supposed to be more optimized so it seems to be worth it.

Yes, really. You're posting about a very 1130 specific issue. SkyUI needs a hotfix to fully work. Not all mods have been ported yet. It's very likely the game will be updated again during the next weeks.

Nothing about it sounds worth to me.

edit: and I can't find anything about SL 1.66 being more optimized. The changelog doesn't even mention 1.66. The commits in github suggest it was only updated to support the latest SKSE and PU releases.

Edited by Just Don't
On 12/28/2023 at 8:33 PM, RoninDog said:

Oh how I wish I had blocked the game from updating. I usually play offline and when I went online it just started rolling. But I found out that the issue was a certain setting in Engine Fixes that isn't compatible(can't get achievements with mods enabled anymore).

Yeah, that happened to me before on an earlier SSE patch. Then it took me like 3 days ~5 or 6 hours a day to fix my game. Since then, I have had it set to 'Update when I launch', and I never launch it from Steam. Hopefully you get it sorted without that level of frustration.

On 12/29/2023 at 4:48 AM, Just Don't said:

Yes, really. You're posting about a very 1130 specific issue. SkyUI needs a hotfix to fully work. Not all mods have been ported yet. It's very likely the game will be updated again during the next weeks.

Nothing about it sounds worth to me.

edit: and I can't find anything about SL 1.66 being more optimized. The changelog doesn't even mention 1.66. The commits in github suggest it was only updated to support the latest SKSE and PU releases.

Alright, but after testing the new version and seeing how unstable it actually was(more like unplayable with SexLab) I finally went all in to downgrade and succeeded. I also moved my install to a separate folder to make sure it never gets updated again(which everyone with a big modlist should do). Thanks for all replies so far.