Position adjust keys have stopped working

One week (Skyrim time) into a new game and an odd problem has developed. Basically the hotkeys for adjusting animations have stopped working. The input seems to be still happening, the characters flicker but don't move, like they're locked in place. But, when the animation stage changes, the characters have moved to whatever new position I was trying to key in during the previous stage. Hope that makes sense lol.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?  I've tried doing a system clean up in the Sexlab debug section, reregistered all keys and anims etc. No joy. It was all working fine before, and I've not added any new mods.

I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Edit - Just to clarify, it's highly erratic. Sometimes it works fine.

Edited by Not a prisoner
1 hour ago, Not a prisoner said:

Just to clarify, it's highly erratic. Sometimes it works fine.

This suggets its a conflict with another mod. I'd suspect everything from fancy combat and movement mods to custom camera mods. Something is keeping a local copy of player position and setting it every N frames; slow enough for SL to occasionally get in there first.

I'd start by:

1. Knocking out mods with a dll.
  2. Searching through all pex files in all mods for "SetPosition".

Note: SL doesn't use SetPosition itself. The calls disappear into a native function, meaning they do it in the dll. I'd imagine this is simply for performance reasons and not something we'd have to worry about at this stage.

Edit: The file search can be done easily with a tool such as Notepad++.

Edited by traison
3 hours ago, traison said:

This suggets its a conflict with another mod. I'd suspect everything from fancy combat and movement mods to custom camera mods. Something is keeping a local copy of player position and setting it every N frames; slow enough for SL to occasionally get in there first.

I'd start by:

1. Knocking out mods with a dll.
  2. Searching through all pex files in all mods for "SetPosition".

Note: SL doesn't use SetPosition itself. The calls disappear into a native function, meaning they do it in the dll. I'd imagine this is simply for performance reasons and not something we'd have to worry about at this stage.

Edit: The file search can be done easily with a tool such as Notepad++.

Thanks, that was helpful. 

Seems like it's Paradise Halls causing the odd behaviour, or at least PH in combination with some other mod.

I don't know if I can do anything about it, I reckon I'll just live with it for now as it's not a permanent problem. And I don't mind it so much now that I know where it's come from.

Cheers : -)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Not a prisoner said:

Hm. Not PAH at all. I've removed loads of SL mods and still at a loss.

Was Paradise Halls the only mod that showed up when you searched pex files for "SetPosition"?

1 hour ago, traison said:

Was Paradise Halls the only mod that showed up when you searched pex files for "SetPosition"?

No, there are about 90 search hits. I'm slowly working backwards through them all, as my load order hasn't really changed much in my last couple of play thoughs.

fwiw, and ymmv, the repositioning keys will sometimes stop working if the system is becoming overloaded. First, they get sluggish, then they stop working completely. Solving it (for me) requires diving into a quiet space and chilling for a while until housekeeping cleans up the excess load