I am Having a new issue, need help please.

7 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Ich bin 69 Jahre alt, also verstehe ich das langsamere Ding!

Alienware Aurora Ryzen Dark Side of the Moon Edition

AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8-Kern-Prozessor

16 GB RAM 64-Bit-Betriebssystem

Ich habe heute einen kompletten neuen Download des neuesten AE-Builds von Steam durchgeführt, anstelle meiner Backup-Version, komplett Vanilla ohne installierte Mods.

Ich weiß, dass ich den Text jetzt vergrößern kann, danke @worik   ? , aber warum die Änderung gegenüber früheren Versionen, wo meine Gedanken sind.

Hatte Steam einen beschädigten Download? Hat Beth das geändert?

Vielleicht spielt es keine Rolle ... Ich neige manchmal dazu, zurückhaltend zu sein. ?

Und um die Update-Frage zu beantworten: Es ist seltsam, dass ein Mausklick Ihre ganze Welt zerstören kann. Ich habe MS Flight Sim und wenn Sie damit Flugpakete und Weltkarten herunterladen möchten, müssen Sie bei Steam, MS usw. angemeldet sein XBox alle gleichzeitig. Ich stellte fest, dass ich bei Steam angemeldet war, Skyrim und BAM gestartet habe und das Update stattgefunden habe. Ich wünschte, Steam hätte die Möglichkeit, dieses Spiel nie zu aktualisieren, es sei denn, ich möchte es, anstatt es beim Start zu aktualisieren.

Skyrim Special Edition 18_12_2023 5_03_39 AM.png

And what happens next?

You can actually only prevent Steam from carrying out an automatic update using “offline mode”.

If you have to go online - you have to expect Steam to start the update. You can then cancel this manually - but you also have to check what Steam is doing!

From what I've read about this very latest AE version... a lot of older mods don't work with it - even those that were developed for the first AE versions.

Now the question arises for me - whether you want to go back to the SE version... or stay on the AE version.

Yes - you can also downgrade this version... and some have published the instructions here.

12 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

And what happens next?

You can actually only prevent Steam from carrying out an automatic update using “offline mode”.

If you have to go online - you have to expect Steam to start the update. You can then cancel this manually - but you also have to check what Steam is doing!

From what I've read about this very latest AE version... a lot of older mods don't work with it - even those that were developed for the first AE versions.

Now the question arises for me - whether you want to go back to the SE version... or stay on the AE version.

Yes - you can also downgrade this version... and some have published the instructions here.

Like I said I spaced on the fact I was online in Steam, and I do know about the mods working and not working with different versions of the game.

I am wanting to stay with the downgraded version which is how this issue started for me in the first place, I downgraded the newest updated version which is somehow different than the last updated version. Beth ruined the game for a very small amount of upgrades.

Not really on the novice level but more advanced:

If you use the modmanager "ModOrganizer 2" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194), it has an add-on called "Rootbuilder" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31720/

The add-on is managing the Skyrim base files as if they were a mod.

Meaning, Bugthesda can update whenever and whatever they want, I decide on my own, when I move forward.

I want to spend some days around my christmas break and set up a Skyrim AE game. That thing ☝️ will be a cornerstone of my installation.

Vor 23 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Wie gesagt, ich habe mich auf die Tatsache verlassen, dass ich bei Steam online war, und ich weiß, dass die Mods mit verschiedenen Versionen des Spiels funktionieren und nicht.

Ich möchte bei der heruntergestuften Version bleiben, weshalb dieses Problem für mich überhaupt erst begann. Ich habe die neueste aktualisierte Version heruntergestuft, die sich irgendwie von der letzten aktualisierten Version unterscheidet. Beth hat das Spiel für eine sehr kleine Menge an Upgrades ruiniert.

They had downgraded their "old" AE version to SE.

Now there had been an update from the "old" to a "new" AE version... which in turn had broken a lot for the "old" AE.

But "Bugdesta" is not the only one to blame - the Steam platform has become more and more aggressive in terms of updates in recent years... effectively disempowering me as a "normal" user. Without my wife's help, I would never have been able to stick with my old (original) SE version.

1 hour ago, worik said:

Not really on the novice level but more advanced:

If you use the modmanager "ModOrganizer 2" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194), it has an add-on called "Rootbuilder" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31720/

The add-on is managing the Skyrim base files as if they were a mod.

Meaning, Bugthesda can update whenever and whatever they want, I decide on my own, when I move forward.

I want to spend some days around my christmas break and set up a Skyrim AE game. That thing ☝️ will be a cornerstone of my installation.

37 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

They had downgraded their "old" AE version to SE.

Now there had been an update from the "old" to a "new" AE version... which in turn had broken a lot for the "old" AE.

But "Bugdesta" is not the only one to blame - the Steam platform has become more and more aggressive in terms of updates in recent years... effectively disempowering me as a "normal" user. Without my wife's help, I would never have been able to stick with my old (original) SE version.

I use Vortex, Mod organizer is for people who already understand alot of Computer techniques, or so I have read. Much more involved on the usage of the program.

If you know of a Good tutorial on mod organizer, please PM me and tell me of it!

Yes to Steam and there muscle up crud, I restored a backup that I had saved to an external device, but when done installing the backup it auto updates with no way to stop it and even if you could stop it, you have to launch the damn thing to set the game as not cracked, and poof auto update. So what good does it do to Backup anything?!

Edited by Sir Bron
Vor 20 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Ich verwende Vortex, Mod Organizer ist für Leute gedacht, die sich bereits mit vielen Computertechniken auskennen, zumindest habe ich das gelesen. Viel mehr Aufwand bei der Nutzung des Programms.

Wenn Sie ein gutes Tutorial zum Mod-Organizer kennen, schreiben Sie mir bitte eine PN und erzählen Sie mir davon!

Ja, zu Steam und da ist alles richtig, ich habe ein Backup wiederhergestellt, das ich auf einem externen Gerät gespeichert hatte, aber wenn ich mit der Installation des Backups fertig bin, wird es automatisch aktualisiert, ohne dass es eine Möglichkeit gibt, es zu stoppen, und selbst wenn du es stoppen könntest, musst du es starten Verdammt, das Spiel als nicht geknackt einzustellen und die automatische Aktualisierung zu vermasseln. Was nützt es also, irgendetwas zu sichern?!

That's why it's permanently in offline mode... and only if you want to update OTHER games -> go online.

Of course, Steam will immediately try to download Skyrim as well... but that's exactly what I can see AND cancel on the Steam interface in the "Download" section.

Of course Steam will immediately try to restart the download... and so you have to cancel again etc. etc.... no - that is NOT satisfactory at all!

You can't switch Steam online and then "walk away" or "ignore" it... but that also assumes that you know what's going on in the "background".

(That's why this is not an "accusation" but a "hint")

We save our SE version on an internal hard drive... in an "invisible" directory - but any other directory outside of the Steam directory tree will also work.

10 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

That's why it's permanently in offline mode... and only if you want to update OTHER games -> go online.

Of course, Steam will immediately try to download Skyrim as well... but that's exactly what I can see AND cancel on the Steam interface in the "Download" section.

Of course Steam will immediately try to restart the download... and so you have to cancel again etc. etc.... no - that is NOT satisfactory at all!

You can't switch Steam online and then "walk away" or "ignore" it... but that also assumes that you know what's going on in the "background".

(That's why this is not an "accusation" but a "hint")

We save our SE version on an internal hard drive... in an "invisible" directory - but any other directory outside of the Steam directory tree will also work.

I have a 500 GB C drive SSD, 2TB D drive, 2 TB E & F Drive SSD internal as well as a 1 TB external Drive SSD. I just transferred an earlier version of SSE to my PC and had stem install it from a backup and the update cannot be stopped. I stopped it and SSE was not installed in Steam directory unless the update is allowed to finish.

That is exactly why  said AE and SE should be separated just as LE is from SE, and that Steam should have a setting that says Never update this game, Not update on launch since you have to launch to verify the game files.

Edited by Sir Bron
Vor 13 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Ich habe eine 500-GB-C-Laufwerk-SSD, 2 TB-D-Laufwerk, 2 TB interne E- und F-Laufwerk-SSD sowie eine externe 1-TB-Laufwerk-SSD. Ich habe gerade eine frühere Version von SSE auf meinen PC übertragen und sie von einem Backup installieren lassen, aber das Update kann nicht gestoppt werden. Ich habe es gestoppt und SSE wurde nicht im Steam-Verzeichnis installiert, es sei denn, das Update konnte abgeschlossen werden.

Das ist genau der Grund, warum besagtes AE und SE getrennt werden sollten, genau wie LE von SE, und dass Steam eine Einstellung haben sollte, die besagt: Dieses Spiel nie aktualisieren, nicht beim Start aktualisieren, da Sie es starten müssen, um die Spieldateien zu überprüfen.

We don't have a "backup" (from the operating system perspective) but rather a "1:1 copy" of the Skyrim directory where it is located after a Steam installation.

This eliminates the need to go online when transferring back from the backup directory... since we had previously copied an authorized Skyrim version.

Yes - everything is right about your criticism... but that was already the case when the very first AE version came out... but no one at "Bugdesta" or "Valve" (the operator of Steam) is interested in that... well we had to find a solution for ourselves.

We were lucky in that way - that we were able to create our backup copy (a COPIED file folder) - before the whole AE nonsense started.

And from this backup folder (which only contains the vanilla game and SKSE) I have now completely rebuilt my game 3 (or 4) times.

I can only advise you - that after downgrading (down to SE) you copy your game folder completely... you have enough storage space.

And of course they're in Steam's offline mode!

3 hours ago, Miauzi said:

We don't have a "backup" (from the operating system perspective) but rather a "1:1 copy" of the Skyrim directory where it is located after a Steam installation.

This eliminates the need to go online when transferring back from the backup directory... since we had previously copied an authorized Skyrim version.

Yes - everything is right about your criticism... but that was already the case when the very first AE version came out... but no one at "Bugdesta" or "Valve" (the operator of Steam) is interested in that... well we had to find a solution for ourselves.

We were lucky in that way - that we were able to create our backup copy (a COPIED file folder) - before the whole AE nonsense started.

And from this backup folder (which only contains the vanilla game and SKSE) I have now completely rebuilt my game 3 (or 4) times.

I can only advise you - that after downgrading (down to SE) you copy your game folder completely... you have enough storage space.

And of course they're in Steam's offline mode!

Ah Hah  Art Create GIF I get it now.... Thanks!

18 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

If you know of a Good tutorial on mod organizer, please PM me post in here and tell me everybody of it!

Promise! I'll do. :classic_smile:

For now, I only have my outdated blog post with MO1 in it

On YT, I would guess that Gopher or Gamerpoet have good tutorials, but I will have to watch out for them myself.

I am hoping for enough spare time around christmas to set up a proper Skyrim SE/AE installataion myself => and I will write down my experiences.

But it is as you mentioned: Vortex is perceived as "easier" by most people.

From my personal experiences (I use Vortex with The Witcher 3 and MO2 for Skyrim and Fallout), I feel the opposite. You need to understand the basic concept of the game engines and the insides of the mods in order not to mess up.

Edit:

Anyway, please keep in mind that you can achieve a stable game both with MO2 as well as with Vortex. 

Edited by worik
2 hours ago, worik said:

Promise! I'll do. :classic_smile:

For now, I only have my outdated blog post with MO1 in it

On YT, I would guess that Gopher or Gamerpoet have good tutorials, but I will have to watch out for them myself.

I am hoping for enough spare time around christmas to set up a proper Skyrim SE/AE installataion myself => and I will write down my experiences.

But it is as you mentioned: Vortex is perceived as "easier" by most people.

From my personal experiences (I use Vortex with The Witcher 3 and MO2 for Skyrim and Fallout), I feel the opposite. You need to understand the basic concept of the game engines and the insides of the mods in order not to mess up.

Edit:

Anyway, please keep in mind that you can achieve a stable game both with MO2 as well as with Vortex. 

I had to use this to reset the size of my text because I tried your instruction, googled the process, no good. 

Beth INI Tool - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4875

I also read some users have experienced a reset of the resolution from Steam that does not match the monitor, so I checked that also.

While I have your attention another issue that came up is shading, my Player has some real dark shadows that has not been there before, I set all my CBBE settings the same as always, (have them written down to follow) How do I relax the shading??

Sorry for the Graphic nature of the pics, best way to show how bad the shading is.

see pic NSFW

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.71197c49a5959bdb10a29540358800ee.png

image.thumb.png.51da59941e7ecf2ae4539ca6cf7cdd40.png

2 hours ago, worik said:

? I forgot that I even llinked to GP's guide in my own blog

I realize he needs to be Succinct for the attention span of humans has gotten drastically reduced in recent times, but some of what he says PC wise is not tailored to the untrained like me who doesn't know all the vernacular or what it means.. 

Thank you for the guides I will watch them and if I think I can do the switch I will. 

EDIT: I will read your blog too, as my eyes allow it.    :cool:

Edited by Sir Bron
7 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

EDIT: I will read your blog too, as my eyes allow it.    :cool:

It's made from my older LE setup and all technical stuff is most likely outdated by now. :classic_blush:

12 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

While I have your attention another issue that came up is shading, my Player has some real dark shadows that has not been there before, I set all my CBBE settings the same as always, (have them written down to follow) How do I relax the shading??

I've heard that issue before but forgot about it. Probably hidden in the ini files again ?

If you browse through older posts in the technical support you find a bunch of similar threads

Edited by worik
33 minutes ago, worik said:

I've heard that issue before but forgot about it. Probably hidden in the ini files again ?

The dark shading was an ini.                     SkyrimPrefs.ini    bSAOEnable=0   mine was set to 1 for some reason.