I am Having a new issue, need help please.

Vortex, SSE 1.5.97, I was having some problems so I did a "clean reinstall" according to Gamer Poets instructions.  https://youtu.be/g67CnHD1wvY

When I started my new game I could hear my PC working hard, so I stopped the game. PC went back to idle.

Started again same thing, I opened the console and found all this text running, every time I would go through a door or change locations, more text.

Would anyone please tell me what this is and how to shut it off? This is the first time in 4 years this has happened to me so I am at a loss.

Thanks a bunch!

Skyrim Special Edition 12_17_2023 1_50_30 AM.png

This looks normal. You have couple of mods running their script at the start of each game play. Usually you have this when you load a save, the scripts run at the beginning for couple of seconds then it won`t do it again until you stop your game and restart or player condition change in regards to the script of the mod 'mods are running all the time so, you will still see this to a certain extent when changing locations ...etcs'.

You can see what mod is potentially causing you some trouble. You have SLAC running scripts 'normal', but if you see this on every location and it causes you performance issues like you said. Then adjust your mod settings.

Some mods can be heavy scripted if you choose *the wrong settings*, read the instructions from mod authors and guidance on which setting to activate and which are not recommended to activate as they cause performance issue especially for low end PCs.

Some SL mods are notorious for causing performance issues as they are heavy scripted

Edited by Liq43ke
24 minutes ago, Liq43ke said:

This looks normal. You have couple of mods running their script at the start of each game play. Usually you have this when you load a save, the scripts run at the beginning for couple of seconds then it won`t do it again until you stop your game and restart or player condition change in regards to the script of the mod 'mods are running all the time so, you will still see this to a certain extent when changing locations ...etcs'.

You can see what mod is potentially causing you some trouble. You have SLAC running scripts 'normal', but if you see this on every location and it causes you performance issues like you said. Then adjust your mod settings.

Some mods can be heavy scripted if you choose *the wrong settings*, read the instructions from mod authors and guidance on which setting to activate and which are not recommended to activate as they cause performance issue especially for low end PCs.

Some SL mods are notorious for causing performance issues as they are heavy scripted

Thanks, I haven't added any new mods from what I normally use so the change is noticeable. The text size got so small I need a Magnifying glass to read it, not normally how it used to be displayed.

The running text is new, it used to be a few lines, did not run every time I went somewhere new, and would not affect my pc to "spool" up like it did, I mean at times it did and then would relax somewhat as I ventured around.

This is a new development for me as I have been using the same mods for years now with little issue.

Thanks for the explanation! Much Appreciated.

EDIT: My PC is 4 years old now, but still able to run well.

Edited by Sir Bron
Vor 3 Stunden sagte Sir Bron:

Vortex, SSE 1.5.97, ich hatte einige Probleme, also habe ich eine „saubere Neuinstallation“ gemäß den Anweisungen von Gamer Poets durchgeführt. https://youtu.be/g67CnHD1wvY

Als ich mein neues Spiel startete, hörte ich, wie mein PC hart arbeitete, also stoppte ich das Spiel. Der PC ging wieder in den Leerlauf.

Ich fing noch einmal mit dem Gleichen an, ich öffnete die Konsole und stellte fest, dass dieser ganze Text lief, jedes Mal, wenn ich durch eine Tür ging oder den Ort wechselte, mehr Text.

Könnte mir bitte jemand sagen, was das ist und wie man es abschaltet? Dies ist das erste Mal seit 4 Jahren, dass mir so etwas passiert ist, also bin ich ratlos.

Vielen Dank!

Skyrim Special Edition 17_12_2023 1_50_30 AM.png

As the user before me already wrote... the texts you can see when opening the console - usually indicate the execution of scripts.

You go through a house door or through the city gate - your character enters a new room cell... this has to be loaded AND at the same time various scripts are started - for example those that control the behavior of the NPC.

These are already present in the "normal" game - see this street scene in your picture - but in a modified game there are many additional scripts running.

SexLab mods in particular can bring significant growth.

I can see some revisions from Whiterun in the picture... I'm assuming they have a longer mod list.

---

Zitat

Als ich mein neues Spiel startete, hörte ich, wie mein PC hart arbeitete, also stoppte ich das Spiel. Der PC ging wieder in den Leerlauf.

Keine gute Idee so etwas zu machen.

Wie haben Sie denn überhaupt ihr Spiel installiert?

Für mich klingt das nach der Methode "Augen zu und durch..." aka das Basis-Spiel zusammen mit den Mods installieren und erst dann das Spiel austesten.

Not a good idea to do something like that.

How did you even install your game?

To me that sounds like the "close your eyes and go through..." method aka install the base game together with the mods and only then test out the game.

How do I get that?

I installed the base game and carried out a first test - the game started quite quickly... and with each additional mod this process takes a little longer!

Wie ich darauf komme?

Installierte ich das Basis-Spiel und führe einen ersten test durch - startet das Spiel recht schnell ... und mit jedem Mod zusätzlich dauert dieser Vorgang ein wenig länger!

18 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

As the user before me already wrote... the texts you can see when opening the console - usually indicate the execution of scripts.

You go through a house door or through the city gate - your character enters a new room cell... this has to be loaded AND at the same time various scripts are started - for example those that control the behavior of the NPC.

These are already present in the "normal" game - see this street scene in your picture - but in a modified game there are many additional scripts running.

SexLab mods in particular can bring significant growth.

I can see some revisions from Whiterun in the picture... I'm assuming they have a longer mod list.

---

Keine gute Idee so etwas zu machen.

Wie haben Sie denn überhaupt ihr Spiel installiert?

Für mich klingt das nach der Methode "Augen zu und durch..." aka das Basis-Spiel zusammen mit den Mods installieren und erst dann das Spiel austesten.

Not a good idea to do something like that.

How did you even install your game?

To me that sounds like the "close your eyes and go through..." method aka install the base game together with the mods and only then test out the game.

How do I get that?

I installed the base game and carried out a first test - the game started quite quickly... and with each additional mod this process takes a little longer!

Wie ich darauf komme?

Installierte ich das Basis-Spiel und führe einen ersten test durch - startet das Spiel recht schnell ... und mit jedem Mod zusätzlich dauert dieser Vorgang ein wenig länger!

Look I already know I'm an idiot when it comes to computers....no need to double down on that, No I didn't just throw them all in and start.

There is something different going on now vs what I have experienced in the past...Just last week in fact.

I guess I didn't stress enough that there is a change in the display, the text size, and the load on my PC and I am using the Same mods I did before this started to be an issue. Or I could say I am using the same mods I have have been using for 4 years now without the long text display or the shrunken text size.

Thanks for your input.

Look I already know I'm an idiot when it comes to computers....no need to double down on that, No I didn't just throw them all in and start.

There is something different going on now vs what I have experienced in the past...Just last week in fact.

I guess I didn't stress enough that there is a change in the display, the text size, and the load on my PC and I am using the Same mods I did before this started to be an issue. Or I could say I am using the same mods I have have been using for 4 years now without the long text display or the shrunken text size.

Thanks for your input.

Are you sure you are still running 1.5.97? Maybe you had an update without your knowledge? It could help to reinstall a back up if you have one. After install you gotta make sure to first run the game through the normal port to generate your preferences. After that you can run it through skse. If you don't have a backup of 1.5.97 you can always use mine from a year ago. Keep in mind that non of this is obligational. You are free to do whatever you want. If you open this package extract and let overwrite. I has no data folder so it won't change anything inside your game (only the launcher itself, launcher contains the game version). If you already have a binkw64.dll file in your folder from nexus fixes remove this one. You should only have one binkw64.dll file preferably the binkw64.dll rather than bink2w64.dll file I provided. If this is not causing it then it most certainly something you installed.

Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97.7z

Edited by DarkBlade13
14 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Or I could say I am using the same mods I have have been using for 4 years now without the long text display or the shrunken text size.

The list of your mods aren't the only relevant factor to change Skyrim's behaviour. It's as well:

• load order (did you change that?)
  • ini files, a.k.a the configuration (it's very likely they got changed in the process of reinstalling things)
  • MCM settings or config files of single mods

As long as you left any factor of those out of your eyes, it's very likely to have an impact.

17 minutes ago, DarkBlade13 said:

Are you sure you are still running 1.5.97? Maybe you had an update without your knowledge? It could help to reinstall a back up if you have one. After install you gotta make sure to first run the game through the normal port to generate your preferences. After that you can run it through skse. If you don't have a backup of 1.5.97 you can always use mine from a year ago. Keep in mind that non of this is obligational. You are free to do whatever you want. If you open this package extract and let overwrite. I has no data folder so it won't change anything inside your game (only the launcher itself, launcher contains the game version). If you already have a binkw64.dll file in your folder from nexus fixes remove this one. You should only have one binkw64.dll file preferably the binkw64.dll rather than bink2w64.dll.

Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97.7z 25.08 MB · 0 downloads

Yeah I got updated so I ran the Full Patcher Downgrade from 1.6.1130.0 to 1.5.97. 

Yes I ran the game through Steam first to establish the game and set the video quality. Then went about installing SKSE 64 from Silverlock.org.

Then ran the game to check the version of skse with everything showing as it always does except the text size is extremely small compared to what I am used to seeing, and I have never adjusted that parameter before, don't really know how.

Here is my game properties after downgrading.

EDIT: I neglected to say Thank You for your input, so Thank You!

2nd EDIT: sorry for the size of the image....:flushed:

SkyrimSE.exe Properties 12_17_2023 6_28_42 AM.png

Edited by Sir Bron
12 minutes ago, worik said:

The list of your mods aren't the only relevant factor to change Skyrim's behaviour. It's as well:

• load order (did you change that?)
  • ini files, a.k.a the configuration (it's very likely they got changed in the process of reinstalling things)
  • MCM settings or config files of single mods

As long as you left any factor of those out of your eyes, it's very likely to have an impact.

As I stated at the start I use Vortex...which is easy for an Idiot like me, but I do not care for the sorting method it uses which is supposed to be loot...

but yes load order has changed, but with no mods installed other than SKSE 64 Scripts the text is still tiny when checking the skse version as I do when starting a "clean install". As far as MCM goes I have checked the same boxes for so long it's almost automatic.

ini files are beyond my knowledge.

Thanks for your input, I am learning here. A good thing!

Edited by Sir Bron
Vor 22 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Hören Sie, ich weiß bereits, dass ich ein Idiot bin, wenn es um Computer geht. Kein Grund, das noch einmal zu betonen. Nein, ich habe nicht einfach alle reingeworfen und angefangen.

Im Moment passiert etwas ganz anderes als das, was ich in der Vergangenheit erlebt habe ... eigentlich erst letzte Woche.

Ich glaube, ich habe nicht genug betont, dass sich die Anzeige, die Textgröße und die Auslastung meines PCs ändern, und ich verwende dieselben Mods, die ich verwendet habe, bevor das Problem auftrat. Oder ich könnte sagen, ich verwende die gleichen Mods, die ich jetzt schon seit 4 Jahren verwende, ohne die lange Textanzeige oder die verkleinerte Textgröße.

Danke für deinen Beitrag.

Yes - they use the same mods... only this new installation is NOT identical to their old installation... the users before me have already pointed out the reasons.

In the 12 years I've been using Skyrim, I've reinstalled my game at least 20 times - there are noticeable differences.

There is also something else -> have you re-downloaded the required mods or used them from your own archive (on your PC).

Because remember... modifications are changed aka updated by their authors over time.

Many mods that I used 4 years ago... have now been massively reworked... there are some quest mods that were only completely finished a few months ago... but the first parts of them were already playable 4-5 years ago .

4 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

I did a "clean reinstall" according to Gamer Poets instructions

2 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

As far as MCM goes I have checked the same boxes for so long it's almost automatic.

ini files are beyond my knowledge.

You, mentioning to follow GP's instructions (didn't bother to watch any of those in the last 8 years :classic_blush:), brought me to assume things ..

2 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

Yes - they use the same mods... only this new installation is NOT identical to their old installation... the users before me have already pointed out the reasons.

In the 12 years I've been using Skyrim, I've reinstalled my game at least 20 times - there are noticeable differences.

There is also something else -> have you re-downloaded the required mods or used them from your own archive (on your PC).

Because remember... modifications are changed aka updated by their authors over time.

Many mods that I used 4 years ago... have now been massively reworked... there are some quest mods that were only completely finished a few months ago... but the first parts of them were already playable 4-5 years ago .

Yes I update my mods, but that said I do use them from a backup I keep in a storage drive so I don't have to do a bunch of downloading. Downloads and Gb used was worse when I was on an inferior carrier, but much better since I switched to Starlink!   :D

I don't really see why my console text would change size with no mods installed except SKSE 64 Scripts............

And I have been told on the SSE Edit that if I was too stupid to understand there brand of tech speak that I shouldn't be allowed to own a PC....

Edited by Sir Bron

First of all, I too had an update. I tried dowgrading but I didn't feel confident that my game returned to normal. That is why I decided to overwrite the recent downgrade with my back up of a downgrade that I made a year ago. Secondly, might be worth to take another look at all your framework. If you downgraded the latest is very possible you need the AE instead even tho downgrade. https://skse.silverlock.org/

If you want to be certain of your version, the file I shared before and here contains:

Spoiler

image.png.d778ac33a2a03d44b3e3bfc82f230646.png

Except for the data folder. The only thing the data folder contains are bsa and esm files. You already have those.

Spoiler

image.png.360ccfb9bfe2508bb01c437c6832dbed.png

The video only contains the bik logo_bik of bethesda when you launch your game. I can assure you with 100% certainty that these files where made with the downgrade patcher at 24/07/2022 23pm. They work, I am using them right now. They are version 1.5.97. I don't trust newer updates. When you do use this make sure you have these files.

Spoiler

image.png.370cf6a101e1da0bfba3d5ec0d20bc64.png

And maybe address library (think this was required) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

Engine fixes can also help https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

When these two are correctly installed (read install page carefully). They can only impact your game in a good way. Never had any issues with them, except for that time that I didn't read the instructions and installed them wrong.

Enb can be added but it's optional.

Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97.7z

Edited by DarkBlade13
26 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

I don't really see why my console text would change size with no mods installed except SKSE 64 Scripts............

A reinstallation will set it back to Bugthesda's default.

Any further step from that guide you followed might have changed that.

Anything you did to your old installation might have set that to a convenient size for you.

Just in case, the default is:

Skyrim.ini (to be found in documents/my games/skyrim (SE) )

[MENU]

iConsoleTextSize=20

Edit: for reference see https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Skyrim_INI/Menu

Edited by worik
Guide:Skyrim INI/Menu
7 minutes ago, DarkBlade13 said:

First of all, I too had an update. I tried dowgrading but I didn't feel confident that my game returned to normal. That is why I decided to overwrite the recent downgrade with my back up of a downgrde that I made a year ago. Secondly, might be worth to take another look at all your framework. If you downgraded the latest is very possible you need the AE instead even tho downgrade. https://skse.silverlock.org/

If you want to be certain of your version, the file I put above contains

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d778ac33a2a03d44b3e3bfc82f230646.png

Except for the data folder. The only thing the data folder contains are bsa and esm files. You already have those.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.360ccfb9bfe2508bb01c437c6832dbed.png

The video only contains the bik logo_bik of bethesda when you launch your game. I can assure you with 100% certainty that these files where made with the downgrade patcher at 24/07/2022 23pm. They work, I am using them right now. They are version 1.5.97. I don't trust newer updates. When you do use this make sure you have these files.

Hide contents

image.png.370cf6a101e1da0bfba3d5ec0d20bc64.png

And maybe address library (think this was required) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

Engine fixes can also help https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

When these two are correctly installed (read install page carefully). They can only impact your game in a good way. Never had any issues with them, except for that time that I didn't read the instructions and installed them wrong.

Enb can be added but it's optional.

Yeah address library, engine fixes, etc a Must that I do have, no to enb.  I am , like you, beginning to suspect the downgrade patcher.

Here is the version I used  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=files

Data is there, I just scrolled down to show what is installed.

Skyrim Special Edition 12_17_2023 7_05_21 AM.png

Thanks everyone, I spent too much time looking at this monitor for today's limits I am supposed to be following (eye Doctor) big headache from it. Got to sign out.

Thank You for all the help!!

Vor 2 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Vielen Dank an alle, ich habe für die heutigen Grenzen zu viel Zeit damit verbracht, mir diesen Monitor anzuschauen. Ich soll (Augenarzt) große Kopfschmerzen davon haben. Muss mich abmelden.

Vielen Dank für all die Hilfe!!

Gute Besserung!

12 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

That is not in the folder you sent me to.

Default values might be omitted in there without any consequences for Skyrim. Skyrim starts with another version of the same  file in it's installation directory. Once Skyrim is started for the very first time, it generates the ini in your documents/my games.

Settings in documents/mygames override the ones from the installation directory.

If there is not [Menu] section AND

if you wish to change your console text size, you can add the snippet

[MENU]

iConsoleTextSize=20

to it and change/experiment with the 20 to set it to your liking. I advise small steps to set it 16 or 24, watch and decide about 10 or 30.

You want it bigger? => 24, 28, 30 .... until it suits you.

Edited by worik

@DarkBlade13 @Miauzi @worik I just had cataract surgery on both eyes and did not come out with the vision I had hoped for so I am limited on screen time for a while.

2 weeks to reinstall my Game and muddle through installing the mods.

That said, I feel like I owe an explanation...I bought my PC when the world closed for business in 2020, I have always worked with my hands and back (labor jobs) I also live way out in the country so there is nobody around who could teach me about computers.

I do this as a hobby to keep from going stir crazy and have taught myself through trial and error for the most part, none of the computer science comes natural to me, mechanical, industrial maintenance, chimneys and vents, housing trades are my background. 

I have had some mistakes early on, but no real issues for the last couple of years, until now.

I am not as stupid as I might seem, just slow as I have no training or natural talent when it comes to Computers, but can follow directions if they are simple and concise.

I thank you all for your patience with me, your help is invaluable!

just slow as I have no training

I thank you all for your patience with me, your help is invaluable!

That's what we are here for :classic_smile:

Good luck with your eyesight ?

Vor 34 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

@DarkBlade13   @Miauzi   @worik Ich hatte gerade eine Katarakt-Operation an beiden Augen und konnte nicht die Sehkraft erreichen, die ich mir erhofft hatte, sodass ich für eine Weile nur begrenzt Zeit vor dem Bildschirm verbringen kann.

2 Wochen, um mein Spiel neu zu installieren und mich durch die Installation der Mods zu wühlen.

Trotzdem habe ich das Gefühl, dass ich einer Erklärung schuldig bin ... Ich habe meinen PC gekauft, als die Welt im Jahr 2020 geschlossen wurde, ich habe immer mit meinen Händen und meinem Rücken gearbeitet (Arbeitsjobs) und ich lebe auch weit draußen auf dem Land, also gibt es das Niemand in der Nähe, der mir etwas über Computer beibringen könnte.

Ich betreibe das als Hobby, um nicht verrückt zu werden, und habe es mir größtenteils selbst durch Ausprobieren beigebracht. Nichts von der Informatik ist für mich selbstverständlich, Mechanik, Industriewartung, Schornsteine und Lüftungsöffnungen, Wohnungsgewerbe sind mein Hintergrund. 

Ich habe am Anfang einige Fehler gemacht, aber in den letzten Jahren bis jetzt keine wirklichen Probleme.

Ich bin nicht so dumm, wie ich vielleicht scheine, sondern nur langsam, da ich keine Ausbildung oder natürliche Begabung habe, wenn es um Computer geht, aber Anweisungen befolgen kann, wenn sie einfach und prägnant sind.

Ich danke Ihnen allen für Ihre Geduld mit mir, Ihre Hilfe ist von unschätzbarem Wert!

Everything is fine... I worked in similar areas for many years... I was initially co-owner of a company that installed heating and ventilation in residential and commercial buildings. Later I (as an engineer) founded an office for the planning of such systems and at the same time gave lessons in this area for many years.

I was lucky enough to have extensive exposure to computers during my studies... that accompanied me throughout my entire professional life - but it did NOT make me a "nerd"... I also learn something new every day - because of my age (61 years old) a little slower.

They have the will to learn something...not many people have that anymore...they just want quick solutions.

And yes - we will be able to solve your problems... even if the result may be a little different from your expectations.

The small font for the command line can be changed - another user has already given you the hint

Please be patient... since we don't know your PC (it's difficult for us to visit you at home)... we'll be guessing a bit in some places.

Some problems can be solved with trial and error.

19 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Everything is fine... I worked in similar areas for many years... I was initially co-owner of a company that installed heating and ventilation in residential and commercial buildings. Later I (as an engineer) founded an office for the planning of such systems and at the same time gave lessons in this area for many years.

I was lucky enough to have extensive exposure to computers during my studies... that accompanied me throughout my entire professional life - but it did NOT make me a "nerd"... I also learn something new every day - because of my age (61 years old) a little slower.

They have the will to learn something...not many people have that anymore...they just want quick solutions.

And yes - we will be able to solve your problems... even if the result may be a little different from your expectations.

The small font for the command line can be changed - another user has already given you the hint

Please be patient... since we don't know your PC (it's difficult for us to visit you at home)... we'll be guessing a bit in some places.

Some problems can be solved with trial and error.

I am 69 years of age so I get the slower thing!

Alienware Aurora Ryzen Dark side of the Moon Edition

AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8 core processor

16 Gb RAM 64 bit OS

I did a complete new download today of the latest AE build from steam, instead of my backup version, completely Vanilla with no mods installed.

I know I can enlarge the text now, thanks @worik ?, but why the change from earlier versions  where my thoughts are.

Did Steam have a corrupt download, did Beth change this??

Maybe it does not matter... I tend to be A Retentive at times..?

And to answer the update question, it is odd that one click of the mouse can Bork your whole world..  I have MS Flight Sim and when using it to download flight packages and world maps you have to be signed into Steam, MS, and XBox all at the same time. I spaced off that I was signed in to Steam, started Skyrim and BAM, update happened. I wish Steam had a box to Never Update this Game unless I want to, instead of update on launch.

Skyrim Special Edition 12_18_2023 5_03_39 AM.png