Loading save teleports me to riverwood inn and tells me ski_configbase.pex is missing. But it's there in the mod files.

I didn't add any new mods before this started happening. But when I load it pops up this framework warning message and my LazyFollowers are gone, my quest log is barren aside from mod quests that auto start like Kaidan. All the mod startup things happen like loading MCM menus and Sjel Blad Castle messages popping up. It suggests re-installing the SkyUI or extracting the scripts from a BSA but there isn't a BSA for SkyUI. Maybe I'm not understanding that part. Yesterday when this started I did indeed redownload the same exact SkyUI file from the nexus and it worked. I tried doing that again today (installing the same exact file for the third time) and it isn't helping anymore.

Lol. If you remove the mods from a save game you will most likely crash. Even when you only have like 20 this can already happen. It depends on the mod if they cause ctd on removal. If you have 100+ mods on your game save, any attempt to play without will result in ctd rendering the game unplayable. If what you say is true then they really messed this one up. Like (modder newbies) but then in the developers team. Scarry ?

Apparently the latest Skyrim update disables all your plugins when the game is launched. While plugins themselves have nothing to do with script files disappearing, I can't imagine it being a good thing either to suddenly rip out several hundered plugins (or however many you have had) from an in-progress save.

Edited by DarkBlade13

I reverted the binaries to 1.6.640 and redownloaded the old files for that version via steam console and set the game to update when I launch it through Steam. That fixed the sneak update I suffered and it was working for a few days. Now it just stopped working. I genuinely wanted to do unspeakable things to Bethesda for their desire to keep updating this game to change the color of a flower. Hell, I wish they changed the color of a flower instead of adding this creation club horseshit. And I must emphasize. My mods are there. I have Cyril the porter (whom i never use) in riverwood inn and shes there.

Edited by SurpriseFatty