Mods are getting automaticly disabled

Due to latest uptade of the game I updated my mods that are available for latest skyrim like skse and address libray, sos... and I disabled the ones that are not yet available. But after I done that My plugins are getting automaticly disabled the time I start Skse even creation club addons are getting disabled. İf I activate them again they keep geting disabled again I don't know what to do I even verified the steam files but nothing fixed. I use vortex

when I try to load save its says all mods are disabled and when I check vortex I see that all are disabled. İf I activate them from vortex they get disabled again the time I load save. Also creation club menu (yellow skyrim logo) is not visible too because creation club addons are getting disabled too

Edited by bastak2341
1 hour ago, traison said:

That to me smells more like a problem with the plugins.txt file. Maybe something is overwriting it, the vanilla game launcher does that for instance, or maybe Vortex is unable to write to it.

What should I do if that is the problem. I started game from launcher instead of skse and it reinstalled creation club content and creation club is currently active if I start the game from steam launcher. But if I start the game from skse its not available again

Process Monitor from Sysinternals (Microsoft) is where I'd start. Have it keep an eye on paths ending with "plugins.txt" and make sure nothing stupid is going on with it when launching vortex, enabling/disabling plugins in vortex and when launching the game through SKSE.

20 minutes ago, traison said:

Process Monitor from Sysinternals (Microsoft) is where I'd start. Have it keep an eye on paths ending with "plugins.txt" and make sure nothing stupid is going on with it when launching vortex, enabling/disabling plugins in vortex and when launching the game through SKSE.

I think my problem is about vortex or skse itself. Today I was testing some mods about 8 hours ago but while I was managing mods game has updated itself from steam. and vortex was deploying mods while the game was getting updated. After update I didn't restart vortex at all and deleted old versions of mod and reinstalled the latest ones such as skse, adress library once I tried to open the game all mods were disabled in game while the vortex was showing them active, After I restarted vortex they showed disabled too and if activate them they were getting disabled again. 

41 minutes ago, traison said:

I just realized that mods doesn't get disabled İf I start the game from steam launcher itself. I think skse is the problem. I also realized that I can't take any screenshot and open shift+tab screen if I start the game from skse which wasn't supposed to happen actually. Also İf I start to game from skse skyrim menu logo is not yellow while in the launcher version its yellow. Yet I still don't know how to fix the problem. I tried installing skse from both nexus and silverlock but problem still exist 

Edited by bastak2341
1 hour ago, traison said:

I also realized that game logo is yellow only if I start game from here (İf its yellow mods are not disabled from my experience until now)

Spoiler

2023-12-07_21-38-45.png.3c2a69bed33e36cbf252c5e94d10216c.png20231207211359_1.jpg.ea0d6c298f66967b112e87d73e1928cf.jpg

while its not yellow and default white İf I start to game by any of these (Also if its not yellow shift+tab and screenshot doesn't work too)

Spoiler

2023-12-07_21-40-33.png.543914556e807fac9a5ebea5860afc41.pngScreenShot0.png.aeef43f27bad511283c2e8aeb88e10af.png

Edited by bastak2341

So the achievements hack in SSE Engine Fixes indirectly causes it? Interesting. I didn't know Skyrim would attempt to enforce fair play like this when achievements are enabled; considering any sense of fair play already went out the window when SKSE loaded. This is like an ineffective security measure: it cost resources to put in place, caused issues for legitimate users and "criminals" got a laugh out of it.

7 hours ago, traison said:

So the achievements hack in SSE Engine Fixes indirectly causes it? Interesting. I didn't know Skyrim would attempt to enforce fair play like this when achievements are enabled; considering any sense of fair play already went out the window when SKSE loaded. This is like an ineffective security measure: it cost resources to put in place, caused issues for legitimate users and "criminals" got a laugh out of it.

You are right, me a legitimate gamer who bought game from steam with full addons had a lot of issues because they implented it to game. By the way my problem was partially solved I managed to fix plugins disabling themself by disabling achivement feature in sse engine fixes. But I'm still unable to open shift+tab menu and take screenshot. I never had any issues like this in the past updates of the game and I still have no idea why this issue exist on me considering that other people haven't had any problem like this in this update.

I hope I can find a solution for shift+tab and screenshot problem İf I ever find any solution I will let people know here

btw I tried reinstalling game it doesn't work and if I don't use sse engine fixes, mods disabling themself again.

Edited by bastak2341

That hotkey issue is going to be specific to whichever module was providing the functionality in the first place. Can't really do anything without knowing what it was supposed to do. I mean, did shift+tab open some nVidia screen capture tool? Steam overlay maybe? Maybe the thing built into Windows' Game Mode?

4 hours ago, traison said:

That hotkey issue is going to be specific to whichever module was providing the functionality in the first place. Can't really do anything without knowing what it was supposed to do. I mean, did shift+tab open some nVidia screen capture tool? Steam overlay maybe? Maybe the thing built into Windows' Game Mode?

shift+tab was supposed to open steam overlay normally. İt was working before the update but its currently broken. Steam screenshots are also not working in game too 

I am able to reach steam overlay only if I start game from steam menu here:

Spoiler

2023-12-07_21-38-45.png.eba6981e7d63eed12e8350193b06f1c6.png

but steam overlay doesn't work if I start game from SKSE

Edited by bastak2341

I have a feeling it has something to do with this.

Edit: If you want to look into it, start by making sure GameOverlayRenderer(64).dll (from the Steam directory) is loaded in the SkyrimSE.exe process. Process Explorer from Sysinternals (Microsoft) can list modules, but I'm sure there's other alternatives - maybe even some native to Windows. If it is loaded, have a look at the GameOverlayRenderer.log file, also in the Steam directory, to see if it has anything useful to say.

Edited by traison
3 hours ago, traison said:

I have a feeling it has something to do with this.

Edit: If you want to look into it, start by making sure GameOverlayRenderer(64).dll (from the Steam directory) is loaded in the SkyrimSE.exe process. Process Explorer from Sysinternals (Microsoft) can list modules, but I'm sure there's other alternatives - maybe even some native to Windows. If it is loaded, have a look at the GameOverlayRenderer.log file, also in the Steam directory, to see if it has anything useful to say.

I feel like its mostly bethesda's dirty scripts which resulted in breaking steam overlay for some (or all perhaps?) AE players. I have ben checking sse engine fixes post since yesterday I found a couple of people who currently has the same issues with me.

2023-12-09_15-32-52.png.c518fa36dd261072e76495e8c1500f2a.png

2023-12-09_15-39-13.png.897b82c647fb86ad1a7ca7028d5f03b5.png

I tried reinstalling game and removing all mods but under any circumstances steam overlay doesn't work with SKSE even without 0 mod and freshly new installed game

For this reason now I thinks its mostly bethesda's doing which broke steam overlay for some player. I think we may see a new game update in a week or two or see some special fix made by community.

Btw if you are using steam version and latest version of game mind İf I ask if your steam overlay is working with SKSE? I wonder how many people has this issue 

Yeah that's basically what my previous link was about. Something changed in a dll used by the CK that seemed directly related to the Steam interfaces; and then you report the overlay is broken. Seems quite obvious to put 2 and 2 together here - someone messed up.

I'm on 1.5.97, so I can't test the overlay. Also my Steam is so locked up I would be slightly surprised if the overlay even worked at this point.

Edit: and yes, this does smell like another patch is inbound. Keep an eye on steamdb if you want a heads-up before it drops.

Edited by traison

I can confirm that this new patch, ver 1.6.1130 automatically disables every mod managed by a 3rd party program/mod manager, upon game launch.

The Steam integration was also broken by this patch.

The mod cap, and/or anything else has nothing to do with it. The new 'Creations menu', is the source and cause of the problem. I also am looking everywhere I can for a solution for this issue. As after waiting patiently for the past week or so for all the needed mod updates, to be hit with this crap is just aggravating.

2 minutes ago, Wandering_Mania said:

I can confirm that this new patch, ver 1.6.1130 automatically disables every mod managed by a 3rd party program/mod manager, upon game launch.

Seems unlikely, but then again, Bethesda has done more stupid things so... why not.

Surely they didn't add in a check for the file being set to read-only?

10 minutes ago, traison said:

Seems unlikely, but then again, Bethesda has done more stupid things so... why not.

Surely they didn't add in a check for the file being set to read-only?

Many people are seeing this problem.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/4032474174143945394/

Bethesda are at best 'half assed' coders. They busted a lot of crap with this 'greed patch', and no, it probably has no check.