[mod] RJW Blank Flank

RJW Blank Flank

View File

Just a simple mod that makes changes to the "flank" body part added by RJW to make it unable to be damaged or destroyed.

It does this by implementing the changes user zkzk91 mentioned in the RJW thread.

for people who wants to stop the constant missing flank body part you can add

<conceptual>true</conceptual>

and/or

<destroyableByDamage>false</destroyableByDamage>

to the body part def in Defs/BodyPartDefs/BodyParts_Humanlike.xml and set coverage to 0 in the body patch file if you set conceptual

then it functions like waist or pelvis body parts that either can't be targeted by attack or be destroyed if it does respectively, and it still works for adding udders

This is exactly that and nothing more, but being it's own separate mod means you don't have to redo the change every time you update RJW.

Hey nice work. Found a few mistakes though. Syntax error causing the game to not launch. Looks like ya forgot to close the <conceptual> node. But first and foremost you dont want to be doing def overwrites. If the purpose of your mod is just to make a few changes then that's all it should do rather than overwrite unnecessary lines with potentially outdated code. Here, I r ewrote it a bit as purely a patch. No credit needed or wanted.

RJW Blank Flank.zip

On 12/12/2023 at 9:04 AM, Tory187 said:

Hey nice work. Found a few mistakes though. Syntax error causing the game to not launch. Looks like ya forgot to close the <conceptual> node. But first and foremost you dont want to be doing def overwrites. If the purpose of your mod is just to make a few changes then that's all it should do rather than overwrite unnecessary lines with potentially outdated code. Here, I r ewrote it a bit as purely a patch. No credit needed or wanted.

RJW Blank Flank.zip 299.48 kB · 82 downloads

Thanks for that. I've been trying to figure out patches lately but haven't been able to get them to work.

As an asside; I'm assuming the "Config error in X: part BodyPartRecord(Flank parts.Count=0) is tagged conceptual, but has nonzero coverage" error isn't a big deal? I don't really know what it means but nothing seems broken in game

On 12/14/2023 at 11:36 PM, CardinalBirb said:

is version 1.2 for the fix tory187 provided? are they the same? asking so i can just update using the mod update notifications from now on

Version 1.2 fixed the syntax error. I've also uploaded Tory's patch version as 1.3

7 hours ago, Eques Viridis said:

Thanks for that. I've been trying to figure out patches lately but haven't been able to get them to work.

As an asside; I'm assuming the "Config error in X: part BodyPartRecord(Flank parts.Count=0) is tagged conceptual, but has nonzero coverage" error isn't a big deal? I don't really know what it means but nothing seems broken in game

hmm so its basically complaining that conceptual is being used for a bodypart that has coverage. What might fix this is changing the order of the patches. Have the replace operation that makes the coverage 0 first and then do the add operation which adds conceptual. In the end it should have no baring on outcome other than listing this error lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/21/2024 at 5:53 PM, SkyWarrior623 said:

Thanks for this, it was always annoying when it gets destroyed.

Though to be honest I'm not entirely sure what the flank is supposed to be?

it got replaced when i added udders to a colonist just to see what happens, so maybe it's for that