Sexy Grunt sounds and Death emotes

View File

Simple mod that replaces player grunts or received damage emotes. Also adds death emotes for player and female raiders in addition to player melee attack Gun melee bash emotes. 

Optional but highly recommended files: 

Real-time death

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4249?tab=description

And this if you want more frequent emote responses: 

CombatSpeak.esp

Made this a long time ago. Thought why not share it here. Adds a bit of flavour for roleplaying as a female character. Install manually or with your preferred mod manager. 

Mods that compliment this: 

Jump Grunt:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47266

(Japanese voice works pretty well) 

Also see Younger - Higher pitch version:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/54273 

Hmm, for me it does not work, unfortunately.

Mod comes only with sound files without any esp, so I assume it tries to replace original files with new ones. But in the path mod takes (...\sound\voice\Fallout4.esm\playervoicefemale01), there are no game files in the first place.

Esp in the description also does not edit much, just chances of grunts to happen.

What am I missing here? Is there some other mod dependency that I don't have?

2 hours ago, lt5ive said:

in the path mod takes (...\sound\voice\Fallout4.esm\playervoicefemale01), there are no game files in the first place.

Did you check inside BA2 archives from the base game? You'll find the originals in Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 specifically. The loose files installed by this mod should take precedence over the ones inside the archive, since the game loads loose files after anything inside archives.

On 12/10/2023 at 4:42 PM, vaultbait said:

Did you check inside BA2 archives from the base game? You'll find the originals in Fallout4 - Voices.ba2 specifically. The loose files installed by this mod should take precedence over the ones inside the archive, since the game loads loose files after anything inside archives.

No, haven't checked the archives. Don't know how to do that, but I trust you are right. Nevertheless, that does not change the fact that these sound files do not work in-game. I even tried with additional .esp provided, which should increase frequency. 

Does it work on your end? Maybe I've messed something up with my files, but it does not seem that any other mods are overwriting the same files.

13 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I may be asking a silly question, but does your fallout4custom.ini have:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

?

Hi,

Yes, those two lines are in.

I suspect that there is some other record that, for example, directs to the use of certain sound files and maybe that record was being overwritten. But I still can't pinpoint to anything at my end. I was going through "sound descriptor" and "quest" categories in F4Edit and found several mods adjusting records there, but when looking at grunt records, they seem to be fine.

Can you confirm that the sound plays on your end, so that at least I know that there is an issue with my game and not the files provided?

The combat "grunts" play for me.

(Also, ... this mod is nothing but *.wav files (unless you also install combatspeak.esp, which I have not inspected). So if the sounds are not playing for you, I would look for mods which change the player's voice or something like that - it might be fruitful to install combatspeak.esp and then go into fo4edit and look for conflicts with it - mods which conflict with combatspeak.esp might also prevent these sounds from playing.)

Edit: this mod is kind of neat, but I would not recommend it for VATS users. (Alternatively, it would be nice to have an option to mute the mod while in VATS, or even better during VATS slowcam, but I imagine that that would require some clever scripting.)

Further edit: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1064 fixes those problems for me, so I think I would recommend this mod for people who wouldn't mind real-time vats combat. (Though I would agree that the grunts are slightly silly and would be willing to try variants of this mod which convey some feeling of effort in the sounds.)

Edited by sen4mi

I give up on this one :) 

Couldn't find any plugin which might have caused an issue and went the other way - downloaded a better low-health mod and modified it to be 75% and 50% health threshold for high and low heartbeats. Then added the Sound of Pain mod and adjusted its WAV files to sound better. Feel that this is even better solution, since it does not conflict with other effects, has a consistent voice, and even helps with gameplay by giving you a feel when your character is hurt and when it is getting really out of hand.

Also, the more noticeable hit effects mod was a cherry on top to tie everything up.

• 4 months later...
On 12/22/2023 at 5:33 AM, lt5ive said:

I give up on this one :) 

Couldn't find any plugin which might have caused an issue and went the other way - downloaded a better low-health mod and modified it to be 75% and 50% health threshold for high and low heartbeats. Then added the Sound of Pain mod and adjusted its WAV files to sound better. Feel that this is even better solution, since it does not conflict with other effects, has a consistent voice, and even helps with gameplay by giving you a feel when your character is hurt and when it is getting really out of hand.

Also, the more noticeable hit effects mod was a cherry on top to tie everything up.

A packaged mod, or a detailed how-to, sounds like it would be fun.