Creation kit fails! (worked earlier today) RESOLVED thank you.

Skyrim AE on PC, 1.6.640.  MO2. Creation Kits Fixes in place.

Creation Kit starts to load then drops out. Both in MO2 and outside. It was fine at 2:00pm, now it won't start.  

• Restarted PC
  • Verified CK files
  • Reinstalled Creation Kit Fixes
  • Checked a few other things.
  • Reinstalled C++ VB redist 13

Message from Win Explorer attempt to start:

---------------------------
CreationKit.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point SteamInternal_CreateInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\CreationKit.exe. 
OK   

And this is meaningless to me!  The game itself starts.

Would anyone please have a clue what's happened?  Thank you!

Edited by Bluegunk

Probably. Most likely.

Edit: The English version of that error message is that the specified dll library doesn't contain a function called SteamInternal_CreateInterface. Typically this indicates the dll is the wrong version, or is otherwise incompatible with the software trying to load it. You can view exported functions (as it's called) using a utility like CFF Explorer.

Edited by traison

Also - if you updated Creation Kit, you will need to unzip sources.zip again. It came with a new one.

Creation Kit does not use, and is not affected by, SKSE.

My updated Creation Kit works fine, but you will have to update CreationKit.ini, and add multiple masters back in.

Edited by fred200

I'm slightly worried about that missing function. Does it indicate something has changed on Steam's side? Something like that may suddenly break 1.5.97 5 years down the line because it becomes physically incompatible with the interfaces in Steam - basically the DRM stops working or something along these lines.

• Bluegunk changed the title to Creation kit fails! (worked earlier today) RESOLVED thank you.
2 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I have the same problem. I unpacked the script.zip, but it doesn't solve the problem.

scripts.zip has nothing to do with dll API's. The solution here is to restore to an earlier version of the CK, or wait for Bethesda to push another update; unless the incompatibility is caused by a mod of some kind (like a patch mod for the CK).