Can't order followers..

Militus

I've tried the actual Nexus forums already, but no luck..

Hey all,

I've been experiencing problems with the game for awhile now.. Reinstalling all or disabling all mods didn't help, so I don't know if it is any mods but I'll apply the list anyway.

My issue is that I can't tell them to wait, follow, dismiss, nothing of the kind.. Not even my TWEAK options work.

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
  • HearthFires.esm Active
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
  • ApachiiHair.esm Active
  • RaceCompatibility.esm Active
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
  • CMNewCompanions.esm Active
  • Evil Lair of Hydra.esm
  • SexLab.esm Active
  • SkyMoMod.esm Active
  • SPIKE.esm Active
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
  • MF_RadiantProstitution.esp Active
  • Footprints.esp Active
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • Cloaks.esp Active
  • Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp Active
  • hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
  • Tundra Defense.esp Active
  • Killable Children - Quest Important Protected.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 11 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • SexLab Romance.esp Active
  • SexLab Submit.esp Active
  • Convenient Horses.esp Active
    • Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.esp Active
  • Better Vampires.esp Active
  • Nature of the beast.esp
    • Note: Obsolete. Update to latest version.
  • FNISspells.esp Active
  • SuccubusRaceLite.esp Active
  • BFFAnimalCompanions.esp Active
  • CMNewCompanions.esp Active
  • Immersive Followers.esp Active
  • CerwidenCompanion.esp Active
  • moveit.esp Active
  • AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp Active
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active
  • The following plugins were not found in the masterlist, and must be positioned manually, using your favourite mod manager or by using BOSS's user rules functionality. You can submit unrecognised plugins for addition to the masterlist directly from this log by clicking on a plugin and supplying a link and/or description of its contents in the panel that is displayed.
    • sexlab_necro.esp Active
    • Althirs Companion and Carriage Command English.esp Active
    • Merged Patch.esp Active

So.. Any ideas anybody?

At a glance..  you have a file with dirty edits that needs cleaning. (Killable Children)  This will require a restart once you clean.

You have a mod that needs to be changed to a different version (Nature of the beast)

You're using a few script intensive mods that could potentially cause script lag.  A simple clean save will not work for testing the removal of these mods.. you would need a fresh game.

Script lag is a hidden predator that kills off the functionality of MANY mods.  You should be aware of the load on papyrus that your mods can have.

Use the feature in convenient horses MCM that will run your script latency test and make sure it is fairly well below 100

Off the top of my head

Footprints - frequent script calls that could lead to a heavy load on papyrus.

Skyrim Monster Mod - This is a massive mod and you should check in their forums to see how intensive the scripts are.  Note that with this mod loaded, you need to ALWAYS start fresh to test how the removal of other mods will interact with it. (probably a good policy in any circumstance anyway)

I recommend that you add Alternate Start to your load order and then test the effects of mod reorganization with fresh starts that way.  Alternate start will let you bypass the Helgen intro.  EDIT: you already have this!  Great!

You should start at an inn.. perhaps the bannered mare, where you can pick up a follower and see if they are responding.   Also check the convenient horses script lag pinging tool while you are at it.

EDIT: Amazing follower Tweaks has always worked very well for me.  But if you are really concerned, you can give Extensible Follower Framework a try.  There has been a fresh new update with many cool features.   Both of these mods have advantages and disadvantages.  But they are both incredible.

EDIT2:  Make sure your merged patch is done properly and not interfering in a destructive way.  For information check here http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Merging_Plugins

Also you should use BUM http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/311/? to sort the last unsorted mods into your masterlist.  Try loading that last companion mod higher up in your load order.  Before AFT even.

At a glance..  you have a file with dirty edits that needs cleaning. (Killable Children)  This will require a restart once you clean.

You have a mod that needs to be changed to a different version (Nature of the beast)

You're using a few script intensive mods that could potentially cause script lag.  A simple clean save will not work for testing the removal of these mods.. you would need a fresh game.

Script lag is a hidden predator that kills off the functionality of MANY mods.  You should be aware of the load on papyrus that your mods can have.

Use the feature in convenient horses MCM that will run your script latency test and make sure it is fairly well below 100

Off the top of my head

Footprints - frequent script calls that could lead to a heavy load on papyrus.

Skyrim Monster Mod - This is a massive mod and you should check in their forums to see how intensive the scripts are.  Note that with this mod loaded, you need to ALWAYS start fresh to test how the removal of other mods will interact with it. (probably a good policy in any circumstance anyway)

I recommend that you add Alternate Start to your load order and then test the effects of mod reorganization with fresh starts that way.  Alternate start will let you bypass the Helgen intro.  EDIT: you already have this!  Great!

You should start at an inn.. perhaps the bannered mare, where you can pick up a follower and see if they are responding.   Also check the convenient horses script lag pinging tool while you are at it.

EDIT: Amazing follower Tweaks has always worked very well for me.  But if you are really concerned, you can give Extensible Follower Framework a try.  There has been a fresh new update with many cool features.   Both of these mods have advantages and disadvantages.  But they are both incredible.

EDIT2:  Make sure your merged patch is done properly and not interfering in a destructive way.  For information check here http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Merging_Plugins

Also you should use BUM http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/311/? to sort the last unsorted mods into your masterlist.  Try loading that last companion mod higher up in your load order.  Before AFT even.

I have Nature of the Beast disabled as far as I know, weird.. Also by restart (about killable children) do you mean new game?

Do note I already did a new game when I installed almost all of these mods, Sexlab excluded. 

It randomly stopped working, so how long untill it just randomly breaks again? This really sucks, I did all of Whiterun already..  I'll do that convenient horses thing next time I go on.

It worked like five minutes previously when I was in my breezehome, but when I exited it broke again.. And usually it never works, Lydia for example doesn't. Ever.

I disabled Merged Patch due to me messing it up also, and I don't wanna stop using Amazing Followers, it's great and I doubt it's related. 

I'll use BUM too. I'll report to you next time.

Believe me, I know how you feel. I've come to this one realization a while back and I hope you take my advice.

Skyrim mods are not really as plug and play as they feel.  If you are serious about modding your game and maintaining the health of that game, you need to learn to use some core tools.

Sadly, learning these tools will take some time.  And it can be frustrating to get the hang of it when all you want to do is play the game.

Now this is a hard pill to swallow... (but you will be much happier in the long run if you cannot get things to work the way you want them to.)

You will need to remove skyrim and everything you have added to it.  

Then follow the STEP procedures here

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.7

At least until step 2.E

If or When you DO reinstall skyrim, make sure to remove and install steam out of your program files directory.  Reinstalling Steam under c:\ was probably the most useful thing I ever did.

Take the time to familiarize yourself with the core tools such as bash, TESVedit, Boss.. and I highly recommend mod organizer as well. 

Mod organizer is complex, but once you learn it... you will have full control over your mods and how you want them to effect your game. 

Now I know this can take a few days...  so if you really do NOT want to go through all that..   at least read through the step project and learn a little about modding.

You will find some helpful advice.

Avoid the recommendations marked HQ and LQ.  You do not need to mess with texture load on your VRAM until you are sure the game is running the way you want it to run.  

If you don't experience any CTD's  you can consider beefing up some texture files.

Be a bit picky about their recommended mods as well.  If you feel like you do not NEED it... don't install it.  The fewer modifications you make, the healthier your game will be. You probably do not need anything past 2F and probably should avoid them for now. In 2E.. stick to the mods marked with a light green bar to their left.   

A note on papyrus...  

Picture papyrus as a small office with 4 cubicles.  Every time you add a mod that uses scripts.. It comes with a worker to handle that mod.

A handful of workers will have plenty of time to get their work done.  Add a few more and they have to start taking turns to get their work done.

Once it gets crowded.. you have to watch just HOW OFTEN and HOW LONG each worker is sitting at this cubicle.

Take footsteps for example...  That guy needs to check his work just about every second. That can be annoying to the other workers.

And if they can't get their job done.. they'll just say fuck it and go home.

So.. with plenty of cubicle space.. footsteps does some great work for you.   When it is crowded, you will need to decide just how much what he does is worth it for you.. and compare it to the other fellows.  Eventually you're gonna have to start firing people!

Also note:  If you dig around google.. there are some tweaks you can do to the INI to expand your office space.  There IS some controversy as to whether it works or not.. but you can add some tweaks that allow for multithreaded handling to make full use of multiple core CPU's

Frankly.. I don't have time nor want to spend days on this. I'm extremely gratefull, I really am.. But I don't have RL time anymore to spend that much time trying to get it to work, nor do I want to get rid of my savegame again.. I'd lose interest entirely. I've already lost alot of interest due to having to had to start over 4 times at this point.. always having gotten far in.

I can understand that.

Well I checked into monster mod for you, they don't use any scripts so that is a good thing.   

You may still want to clean the Killable children file.

Go to the AFT download site http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15524//?

At the very bottom there should be a file to boost AI priority.  DO NOT LEAVE THiS IN YOUR GAME

Do not save with it in your game.   Simply add it and see if it makes your NPC's respond.   

If they start responding.. that means some other AI function is causing them to ignore your commands.

There is a feature under the Tweak options in the dialogue...  I think its dismiss the normal way or dismiss standard or something like that. 

This can clear the npc out from whatever it was stuck with.  See if that can help you out.

Check the forum there as well.  There could be some useful advice from others who have run into this.

there is a mod since all companions can "move freely". they eat, they simply sit down, they lie down without prompt in a bed, they do not stand still while they accompany you! this mod is causing the problem that all attendants no longer respond to your commands! Unfortunately, I do not know how this is called mod, I have deleted it. So if you are using a mod so, delete it and your problem is solved.
I hope you can understand everything with text translator.

german \ deutsch !

es gibt eine mod da können sich alle begleiter "frei bewegen" . sie essen , sie setzen sich einfach hin , sie legen sich ohne aufforderung in ein bett , sie stehen nicht still während sie euch begleiten ! diese mod verursacht das problem , das alle begleiter nicht mehr auf deine befehle reagieren ! leider weiß ich nicht mehr wie diese mod heißt , ich habe sie gelöscht . also wenn du so eine mod verwendest , dann lösche sie und dein problem ist behoben.
ich hoffe du kannst alles verstehen , text mit übersetzer.

Was it "followers can relax?"

Yes! your companion do what they want, if you're ever at a standstill then they just run around. they do what they want, artificial intelligence.

I'm going to google a bit if I can find this mod then I'll post it to you.

german \ deutsch !

ja ! deine begleiter tun was sie wollen , wenn du mal im stillstand bist dann laufen sie einfach herum . sie machen was sie wollen , künstliche intelligenz .

ich werde mal ein bißchen googeln , wenn ich diese mod wieder finde dann werde ich sie dir posten .

AFT is power hungry, it will be best to switch to extensible followers. witch is much less power hungry.

I did not know monster mod had any script in it. i only figure it would add new creatures and nothing else. That would explain some bugs i had noticed lately like draugr not sleeping but instead was standing when visiting dungeons.

AFT is power hungry, it will be best to switch to extensible followers. witch is much less power hungry.

I did not know monster mod had any script in it. i only figure it would add new creatures and nothing else. That would explain some bugs i had noticed lately like draugr not sleeping but instead was standing when visiting dungeons.

That actually may be FNIS/SL related.  I have never had Skyrim Monster Mod installed, but I saw this during one of the later 4.0 betas (no other new mods, only testing with FNIS and new Sexlab 1.22 at that time - so maybe SL related?).   Not sure if this is related to having the FNIS creature pack installed (I had it installed for some runs).  I'm starting a fresh run tonight (new character, refreshed Steam cache, fresh mods/updated mods installed, etc) using the new 4.0.02 without the creature pack (creature animations are not necessary for my characters) and SL 1.24 and will see if the non-sleeping draugers still appear.  But again, your drauger issue is more than likely not due to Skyrim Monster Mod.

And here i thought it was monster mod since it was the only thing i could figure out that would add different draugr. But thanks for explaining. yes i have creature pack installed because the latest sexlab required it. But Fnis does not show any error when generate it. both npc and creature side looks bug free, so this is puzzling to say the least.

To the Original poster:

I just checked your load order and this comes to mind:

Evil Lair of Hydra.esm:

is really old and should not even be used with the latest game since in it's current state it is totally broken the scripts included needs to be remade, and also this mod comes with massive dirty edits that needs fixing.

Footprints.esp::

Require lots of resources and will also cause script lag to appear since it is working all the time

Tundra Defense.esp:

Really nice mod indeed but also extremely script heavy and not sure if it works right with the latest patch since this mod has not been updated in while.

CerwidenCompanion.esp:

one of the companion mods that uses it own scrpting and also cause script lag to do way it is set up.

AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp:

This one is not advisable i you already notice script lag. This mod will make sure other mods will not longer work right, if you have many other scripted mods installed.

Keep in mind your using sexlab witch also uses many scripted events. mods above will make sure your game will not work right in the end.

Also what exactly is in the Merged Patch.esp ?? What exactly did you merge ?? as long as no scripted mods is merged that should be fine but if you merged more then just regular mods like scripted mods then would explain why they will no longer work since the merge patch broke your other mods.

That actually may be FNIS/SL related.  I have never had Skyrim Monster Mod installed, but I saw this during one of the later 4.0 betas (no other new mods, only testing with FNIS and new Sexlab 1.22 at that time - so maybe SL related?).   Not sure if this is related to having the FNIS creature pack installed (I had it installed for some runs).  I'm starting a fresh run tonight (new character, refreshed Steam cache, fresh mods/updated mods installed, etc) using the new 4.0.02 without the creature pack (creature animations are not necessary for my characters) and SL 1.24 and will see if the non-sleeping draugers still appear.  But again, your drauger issue is more than likely not due to Skyrim Monster Mod.

Draugr problems is a FNIS bug, discovered just the other day. Or, it's more a Skyrim configuration bug which indirectly causes that.

D_ManXX2 probably has neither DB nor DG installed. These DLC have draugr behavior add-ons in there bsa's, and not in Update.bsa, as it should be. This cause an incompatibility. In the next release, FNIS will need to use different files for DLC and non-DLC users. Arghh.

and what that has to do with this topic, I thought it's about a companion problem? and not "Draugr", what does that have to do with one another?
at least I have no problems with this mod Skyrim Monsters!

german \ deutsch !

und was hat das mit diesem thema zutun , ich dachte es geht um ein begleiter problem ? und nicht um "Draugr" , was hat das eine mit dem anderen zu tun ?
ich habe jedenfalls keine probleme mit diesem Skyrim Monster Mod !

and what that has to do with this topic, I thought it's about a companion problem? and not "Draugr", what does that have to do with one another?

german \ deutsch !

und was hat das mit diesem thema zutun , ich dachte es geht um ein begleiter problem ? und nicht um "Draugr" , was hat das eine mit dem anderen zu tun ?

My apologies for trying to prevent someone from going down the wrong road and blaming Skyrim Monster Mod for an issue that was not related to that mod at all, thereby saving them valuable time researching that issue.  Thanks for setting this thread back on the straight and narrow path :rolleyes: .

As far as the original problem, I wonder, how many followers are currently being monitored by AFT?  AFT will affect any of the followers that have been added in the past.  Basically, the scripts will run for those followers even if they are not currently following you (outtfit changes, etc).  If you have followers you are not using any more, there is a way to remove them from AFT (believe the option is "Reset NPC") that removes them from the list of monitored followers, and therefore no scripts will run for these followers.  Try this option and see if that helps free up some resources and if it helps with the original problem.

german \ deutsch !

My apologies for trying to prevent someone from going down the wrong road and blaming Skyrim Monster Mod for an issue that was not related to that mod at all, thereby saving them valuable time researching that issue.  Thanks for setting this thread back on the straight and narrow path :rolleyes: .

As far as the original problem, I wonder, how many followers are currently being monitored by AFT?  AFT will affect any of the followers that have been added in the past.  Basically, the scripts will run for those followers even if they are not currently following you (outtfit changes, etc).  If you have followers you are not using any more, there is a way to remove them from AFT (believe the option is "Reset NPC") that removes them from the list of monitored followers, and therefore no scripts will run for these followers.  Try this option and see if that helps free up some resources and if it helps with the original problem.

you do not have to apologize, I get only what you wanted out! I actually had to excuse myself now.

german \ deutsch !

du mußt dich nicht entschuldigen , jetzt verstehe ich erst worauf du hinaus wolltest ! eigentlich müßte ich mich jetzt entschuldigen .

Cleaned Killable Children and turned off footsteps, and at first sight IT IS WORKING! :) God that's pretty exciting, this was in the Gildergreen cave though, a quiet place.. I hope it'll work in busy cities and so forth. Time to recruit somebody new finally, yay! Thanks so much all :)

Edit: I'd love to know though how to remove the penises from the Beastiality Rape mod.. I uninstalled it and still I'm getting them.

Was it "followers can relax?"

Yes! your companion do what they want, if you're ever at a standstill then they just run around. they do what they want, artificial intelligence.

I'm going to google a bit if I can find this mod then I'll post it to you.

german \ deutsch !

ja ! deine begleiter tun was sie wollen , wenn du mal im stillstand bist dann laufen sie einfach herum . sie machen was sie wollen , künstliche intelligenz .

ich werde mal ein bißchen googeln , wenn ich diese mod wieder finde dann werde ich sie dir posten .

Now finally I have found this mod again, that caused this problem for me! it is good, because your companion is no longer "silly standing around," but what good is it if they do not respond to your commands.

Lively Followers

http://skyrim.nexusm...&preview=&pUp=1

23796-1-1347054628.jpg

german \ deutsch !

jetzt endlich habe ich diese mod wiedergefunden , die bei mir diese probleme verursacht hat ! sie ist zwar gut , weil deine begleiter nicht mehr "dumm herum stehen" , aber was nützt es wenn sie nicht mehr auf deine befehle reagieren .

Archived