Converting mods from LE to SE... What do you suggest?

Hi,

My knowledge about SE is limited.

I have a plan to convert some LE mods to SE.

As I noticed, after converting some small, or vanilla based mods, these converted mods have worked perfectly in SE.

However, some mods that have not well created, or have scripts like SexLab scripts, or have big files, might cause lots of problems and couldn't run at all.

For an amateur like me, attempting to convert such files from LE to SE might cause a disaster.

After some googling, I got one YouTube tutorial created by DarkFox124, Creation Kit (Convert Mods to Skyrim Special Edition).

There was another video tutorial that was explaining how to use Cathedral Assets Optimizer

Its tutorial is there: Convert LE mods to SE! | Skyrim Modding Guide.

I would like to ask you which one is more effective for converting files/textures/scripts, custom mods, mods that have SexLab scripts, from LE to SE.

If you have another suggestion other these two tutorials that I mentioned above, can you say it too?

Thank you in advance...

Not going to rate tutorials on this matter as as far as I know something like this (especially for more complex mods) will always require manual intervention that there won't be a written tutorial for. Personally, and I know I will sound like an asshole for saying this but, I would suggest you stay away from this considering the thread you posted before this one was "How do I install Skyrim". But, if you're eager to learn - got that hacker mentality, and you have experience with computers then these should suffice for converting most mods, at least partially:

1. Make sure your setup is ready to compile scripts. Consider making or finding a custom compiler UI to speed things up.
  2. Get Cathedral Assets Optimizer or NIF Optimizer. The first can apparently handle nifs and *some* hkx files, the latter can do nifs.
  3. Paint.NET, Photoshop or Microsoft's texconv can handle dds files. I personally use texconv, but I hear the others work too.
  4. The Form 44/43 thing in my experience is misguided. On the other hand though, I haven't personally looked into it. My point is, I have never had to specifically covert a form 44 mod because its plugin didn't work.
  5. Audio as far as I know works as-is, but for any audio work: ffmpeg and Audacity.
2 hours ago, traison said:

Not going to rate tutorials on this matter as as far as I know something like this (especially for more complex mods) will always require manual intervention that there won't be a written tutorial for. Personally, and I know I will sound like an asshole for saying this but, I would suggest you stay away from this considering the thread you posted before this one was "How do I install Skyrim". But, if you're eager to learn - got that hacker mentality, and you have experience with computers then these should suffice for converting most mods, at least partially:

1. Make sure your setup is ready to compile scripts. Consider making or finding a custom compiler UI to speed things up.
  2. Get Cathedral Assets Optimizer or NIF Optimizer. The first can apparently handle nifs and *some* hkx files, the latter can do nifs.
  3. Paint.NET, Photoshop or Microsoft's texconv can handle dds files. I personally use texconv, but I hear the others work too.
  4. The Form 44/43 thing in my experience is misguided. On the other hand though, I haven't personally looked into it. My point is, I have never had to specifically covert a form 44 mod because its plugin didn't work.
  5. Audio as far as I know works as-is, but for any audio work: ffmpeg and Audacity.

Thank you for your suggestions.