[Mod]DatDude's Demo Experiments [XCL] [0.19]

DatDude's Demo Experiments [XCL] [0.19]

One common complaint on the discord server is that there aren't enough demos, leading to the sales job getting kinda... stale. Now there's more demos, with increased variety of video clips and mechanics! Mix up the workplace with new NPC's, new dangers, and new ways to raise your sexual reputation. This mod is intended to make it a bit easier to add and start your own demos, while also improving the visual and gameplay variety of the game's existing demos. Additionally, several new achievements are added to the game using the base game's modular achievement system!

The new demos can occur after different conditions. Be careful -- these demos can get dangerous. Our hypnotist has some dirty tricks and a pregnancy fetish, while our Barista doesn't care if you orgasm on a Dumb Bitch. Our Pharmacist might require you to take an unknown pill with dangerous side effects like a Resistance or Breeder, while our stay-at-home mom is... strangely normal? Give her some attention, she's hot and she deserves it.

To unlock the new demos, simply make it to sales level 3 at the Sales Job. (AKA, "Intermediate Salesman"). At that point, your boss will tell you that you're eligible to start doing "Experimental Demos" if you sign up for them in the break room. Make sure that you've signed up for them in the break room, as the new demos are off by default.

If you *really* want to see a demo, or you're a modder, you can set a given demo to always run at the start of a demo day by running the command:

(set:$alternate_demo_override_choice to "Your Demo Starting Passage")

IE, for the pharmacy demo this would look like:

(set:$alternate_demo_override_choice to "Pharmacy Demo Bootstrap")

Install instructions: using ModLoader version 1.2 (or whatever the latest version is), select the zip files and add them to your game's install as follows:

Screenshot2023-12-12010056.png.b0a0be614108ee4c54859a71dabf44fd.png

All zip files are required to fully install the mod. Obviously adjust for version number and your installed demos. (As of Jan 5, 2023, that means you'll have the Pool Cleaner demo and 1.2.2 for example.)

Your mods folder should resemble the following, obviously adjusted for version number and installed demos:
image.png.46149619e9b6bbcc506235c2306d4b62.png

Please report any bugs or issues to the X-Change Life's Discord server, using the #mods-bug-reports channel. There exists a thread for this mod already titled "DatDude's Demo Experiments"; if you do have any issues, please also *share a screenshot of your issue and your modlist*. Much appreciated!

Upcoming features:

- Bugfixes

- Improved sex mechanics for the Barista Demo

- More achievements!

Hi great idea, will be waiting for updates.
Could you please update images to use similar style as base game? Because AI images by default look really bad

In wiki https://x-change.life/wiki/docs/creating-mods/
it says:
“For those who are curious, I use Prequel’s AI “Cartoon+” filter on images to get the cartoon look for images. Prequel is also weirdly expensive. It works best on high quality images and often needs post tweaking. From there I use Topaz Sharpen AI to polish up the images and make them more game-ready, since Prequel produces fairly low res looking stuff“

Will you add some side effects after hypno demo? I suggested one side effect about hypno in this mod, but not sure if it ever will be implemented:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/220454-modxcl18a-hypnotherapy-wip/

Edited by Indarello
On 11/28/2023 at 12:10 AM, Indarello said:

Hi great idea, will be waiting for updates.
Could you please update images to use similar style as base game? Because AI images by default look really bad

In wiki https://x-change.life/wiki/docs/creating-mods/
it says:
“For those who are curious, I use Prequel’s AI “Cartoon+” filter on images to get the cartoon look for images. Prequel is also weirdly expensive. It works best on high quality images and often needs post tweaking. From there I use Topaz Sharpen AI to polish up the images and make them more game-ready, since Prequel produces fairly low res looking stuff“

Will you add some side effects after hypno demo? I suggested one side effect about hypno in this mod, but not sure if it ever will be implemented:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/220454-modxcl18a-hypnotherapy-wip/

On prequelized images VS AI: I'm not going to pay for prequel. Keep in mind that most of the base game images being added these days are AI-generated as well ;) The barista demos images were a first attempt. While I do agree they are pretty ugly, I'm not going to re-make them using prequel. I would like to revisit them at some point though, using better models, facial consistency, and better lighting on the bodies. In particular the blonde barista girl could use some work -- her face changes significantly in literally every picture, and I think she looks way too young. That doesn't mean I'm ignoring your request! Just that I'm not going to pay for such an expensive app. I was able to prequel a couple of images for the hypno demo in the free version of the app, but it's really annoying to do so. And I'd like to just start those pics from scratch anyway.

Side effects after demos: maybe? But probably not any time soon. What's more likely would be integrating side effects from the base game, adding side effects supported by other mods, or using custom status indicators more (which both the current demos of mine do)

Thanks for enjoying the mod though! Please let me know if there's any types of demos you'd like to see, or if there's any issues you're encountering.

6 hours ago, LTD said:

I probably won't check this out until after the next mainline update, but I want to leave a message in support of your endeavors. This is exactly the sort of thing the game needs more of, so good luck with it!

I appreciate the support! And thank you for your patience -- there's plenty left to work on for me with just these two additional demos. Lots of rare bugs & edge cases to handle still. Ideally once you're ready to try these out they'll be in a more perfectly functional state!

5 hours ago, RenFL2 said:

Want to report that there's no option to continue the coffee demo if you don't have minigames turned on. Usually there's a % chance to pass button.

Thanks for letting me know!! I hadn't considered that would need additional considerations, I thought that the minigames functions would handle that automatically.

Will add a fix soon, and make sure that both demos include the fix.

On 12/8/2023 at 11:19 AM, datdude69 said:

Can you share a screenshot of your mods folder so we can see how they're installed?

You need to add the mods in the Demos folder as well.
In total there should be like.... a buncha .twees you're going to end up adding.
Now that I've solved it myself.
image.png.ffbff46a6895fc656fc1b859d600c262.png

On 12/9/2023 at 10:48 PM, Lenixia said:

Thank you that worked didn't know i had to drag out of folder

There seems to be some ongoing confusion on how to install mods in .zip files in this thread. For reference, this is what your modloader should show when installing the demo experiments mod.

You should be using the modloader to select the zip files -- not unzipping them or using the zip files contents. This will ensure that you're not missing anything.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 010056.png

On 12/12/2023 at 1:01 AM, datdude69 said:

There seems to be some ongoing confusion on how to install mods in .zip files in this thread. For reference, this is what your modloader should show when installing the demo experiments mod.

You should be using the modloader to select the zip files -- not unzipping them or using the zip files contents. This will ensure that you're not missing anything.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 010056.png

aha thank you! I did have this misconception, and I'm thankful you took the time to correct it. :)

Well first  of all, I believe I have installed it all 3 correctly, though, I have had a goodgirl barista and a db-barista run in my current game, though no Hypno demo just yet, is that a special kind of buisness that is needed for that to pop up? and well then there is the payment, for these demoes, i get acredditted for a succesfull sale then the next moment when back in the bedroom the money, I believe fall back to what it was prior to payment for the demo(I believe this to happen with both GG-barista or DB-Barista?

just curious. ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, datdude69! 

First of all, an excellent idea for a mod, really looking forward to updates. 

A few words about the mod's issues so far: after successfully competing the barista demo, the player gets paid, but after the transformation fades out (pretty much as soon as the player goes to the next 'screen'), everything gets refunded, which is enough for me not to play with the mod on. I first encountered this bug on the old version, as far as I remember, and it still seems to be still præsent on the current patch, which is surprising considering that the bug has been out there for quite a long time already.

A quick question about the original Dumb Bitch demo. I don't recall it happening at all while playing with this mod. Does the barista scene fully overwrite it? I'd be cool if the original demo also showed up for some target employer positions, like influencer etc., where it makes more sense than the barista one.

This one is more of an idea for future updates. On the old version I also used to get another bug, which is now, I believe, fixed. The bug where the player character gets stuck in the barista appearance if she gets discovered. It's nice that the bug is now fixed, however I'd actually like to see something similar in case the player character is on the Dumb Bitch pill, which would make sense, because the transformation is supposed to be indefinite in this case, and when the player character has to quickly leave, she might naturally forget to pick up the reverse transformation pill. Ideally, this could mean that the transformation will become permanent with the intellect loss effect on and rewritten DNA, perhaps? That is of course until the reverse pill is taken (next time at work for instance). Developing the idea further: the player character might enjoy being on the Dumb Bitch pill too much (especially because of the low intellect side-effect) and refuse to voluntarily take the reverse pill right away (it could also be sealed behind a difficult willpower/intellect/both minigame or like 2 or 3 action points). But that would inhærently mean, you'd have to develop a whole new player character with clothes, hairstyles, possible reactions from the step-sis and father and shit, and even sex scenes, which is not really possible at the current stage of generative AI development. Although you could take the already præsent in the game blonde girl-next-door scenes instead and generate only the clothes and hairstyles. Still this sounds like a lot of work, but I kind of like the sound of that idea...

That brings me to my next question/suggestion. As I've read in the aforewritten messages, the AI choice might be a serious problem on its own, because one is too expensive and another is not good enough. Therefore I can't not ask if you've ever considered using Fooocus. I'm not a big AI enthusiast myself (I only know about Fooocus thanks to one recent Fireship video), so I can't really say if it's good enough on its own, but you might just benefit from its selective inpainting/outpainting/improving detail/modifying content features for editing præ-generated images. Another upside is that this AI is completely free, because it runs on your own hardware, still not being too demanding in regards to hardware specifications. 

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

When applying this new set of mods I am running to the following error when applying

image.png.e46e07af6d350f26b83d1d06627f8a9a.png

I find it very odd that one of your mods conflicts with the other so I have to assume that the issue is with another mod I may be using.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

My current list of mods is

image.png.93d2717534becad173964a860c70a42e.png

2 hours ago, Addicted Jane said:

When applying this new set of mods I am running to the following error when applying

image.png.e46e07af6d350f26b83d1d06627f8a9a.png

I find it very odd that one of your mods conflicts with the other so I have to assume that the issue is with another mod I may be using.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

My current list of mods is

image.png.93d2717534becad173964a860c70a42e.png

Looks like the 1.2.1 update fixed this. Thanks.

• 1 month later...