Potential alignment issue on beds in 1.23

Someone reported an angle issue when using a bed in one of my mod. 

I didn't think much of it until I used another bed in Whiterun (at the Inn) - unrelated to my mod.

People having SexLab animations on those beds have about a 45 degree angle across the bed. 

In both cases, the problem appeared after upgrading to 1.23,

I haven't tried with other beds yet but it may be something to doublecheck.

I'm having angle/rotation related alignment issues too, but completely (I think) unrelated to beds, I did fiddle/experiment with the actor rotate key, initially it rotated the whole scene, but now it only rotates ones of the actors.

problem is I dunno how and why, now all animations have a slight angle misalignment that I as of yet havnt managed to fix in a satisfactory position (using the manual align keys) that works for all animations, when I seem to have one set of animations done, I go check the others and they are misaligned again, angle wise.

tried using the clean menu to try and reset all alignments to default, but that just returned all animations to the initial angle misalignment , I'll try to use the full restore all settings to default tomorrow, heres hoping that will fix it. 

Alignment issues are happening also outside of beds... I thought it was working for a while but I just came across an example of angle between characters.

Definitely something going on with 1.23.

On the bright side, there is no jittery effect so far :)

Edit: Actually, it looks like the angle happens when you are not directly facing the NPC before the animation starts.

SexLab tries to orient characters into facing each other, but it doesn't quite get there and the characters end up in whatever direction they were facing.

Alignment issues are happening also outside of beds... I thought it was working for a while but I just came across an example of angle between characters.

Definitely something going on with 1.23.

On the bright side, there is no jittery effect so far :)

Edit: Actually, it looks like the angle happens when you are not directly facing the NPC before the animation starts.

SexLab tries to orient characters into facing each other, but it doesn't quite get there and the characters end up in whatever direction they were facing.

ah I see, so I should stop trying to manually align actors then, wait for a fix.

Regarding the discussion about angles:

1. Yes, there is a problem with 1.23 SexLab about angle alignements ON BEDS (both single and double beds).

2. I think there is NOT this problem outside beds. I had and seen a LOT of actions on the ground, inside or outside buildings, and no one had alignement problems, even if the two actors were not facing one to other. I tried by will to have sex with a NPC, forcing my char to face a totally different direction and the SexLab engine placed me and the NPC in the right way.

3. In fact, the angle problem appears also outside beds but ONLY if one of the two actors (normally the NPC) is sitting somewhere (chair, bench and so on).

In this case, to solve the problem, simply use the SexLab "relocation" hotkey.

Note that, at least for my esperience, this DO NOT happens when only NPCs are involved. The one who goes misaligned is always the player.

You should notice that the SexLab engine uses some "mark slots" and moves both the actors in that place. It's not important which direction they face before the sex.

Instead, this clearly doesn't apply on beds or chairs. The two actors starts, for obvious things, not facing the same direction (the bed or the chair) so, one is aligned, the other is not.

My two cents.

It definitely is an issue when not using beds as well. I get about a 50:50 ratio of proper alignments and messed up angles when playing. There is some type of issue in the newest update with this since multiple people are getting the same thing.

So then, I'm lucky.

Never had the issue when both actors are standing before sex. (dozen and dozen of actions).

Almost always had the issue on bed.

Some, rare, issues when one actor sits on a chair, almost never when sit on a bench.

Suppositions:

1. It's surely related to the SexLab framework.

2. Could be related to the custom skeleton (or none) used.

3. Could be related to the "contribute" of other mods (like The Dance Of Death) or the use of custom animations for walk, run, combat (not sex related).

Out of ideas, until Ashal could take a look into.

3. Could be related to the "contribute" of other mods (like The Dance Of Death) or the use of custom animations for walk, run, combat (not sex related).

Out of ideas, until Ashal could take a look into.

I am currently having the issue (as per previous post on my part), and do have dance of death.

dunno if everyone else who is having the problem also uses it, but I figure if someone isn't using that mod and has the issue can tell us, so we can rule it out (or not) as the problem.

I also have custom animations for walking and running.

Archived