Carnalitas / CBO playlist, stable , 76 mods

Ok so attached as a json but when doing this it said it wouldn't include local files (not sure what the workaround for that is) , so if it doesnt have the naughty mods thats why (and if you know how to fix it let me know)

Also as a pdf of the entire list and 6 individual files. It's stable with congenital beauty and beauty portraits as well as fair ladies and the EPE version of that, I just took them out.

This is a Carnalitas / CBO + Deviant playlist which also includes RICE / VIET , CFP, EPE , MGR (more game rules) , CE (culture expanded), MB+ (more bookmarks). Then a bunch of UI mods.

I thought it would be helpful as a reference for anyone else instead of trial and error with crashes with CK3's extended load times.

Of note, ran it in 867 start and 10th century, india more than a hundred years, 20+ years japan and 20+ years in southeast asia. Everyone in Japan was naked (but blothing could be added from barbershop), not sure what happened their.

Second sort of bug report, if you exit a game to main menu and open a new one it takes FOREVER to load, it doesn't crash but it seemed to happen every time to the point where it saved more time to just close ck3 and reload. While this was happening interestingly my cpu and gpu were doing nothing, my ram use reported @ 85% in use. I'm running 32g ddr4 3200 with a 15600k and an RX 6700 xt (xfx limited) which has 12gb of its own ram. So whatever's happening is just , this game was not optimized for this level of tom foolery. I don't think you actually need 32gb ram and a gpu with 12 to run this, I think it would load the same with like, any gpu in the last 5 years and 16gb and probably just say its using a bunch (maybe the 85% I saw?) because as I noted my actual CPU and GPU weren't doing anything so I think it was just looping a bunch trying to figure out the game file.

I think there is some room for improvement, maybe get clothes back on the japanese by switching the order of culture expanded perhaps? , or maybe RICE with bookmark+ and VIET is just overkill and those ones are overriding one another.

Last note, its apparently important that bookmarks+ and game rules are closer to the bottom by carn but EPE / RICE and CFP toward the top (comparing notes on the main steam pages for those).

Have fun and hopefully this over the top playlist and the order is helpful for others!

mods 1.jpg

mods 2.jpg

mods 3.jpg

mods 4.jpg

mods 5.jpg

mods 6.jpg

CFP EPE MB MGR VIET CBO.json all current mods.pdf

I approve of this kind of sharing attitude in the community, kudos!  But have a few reservations about the order itself. At 74 you have the CBO com patch before CBO.... Moreover, you have CFP which definitely isn't compatible really, +EPE currently, likely leading to nude people u mentioned (not acceptable to me personally).

I definitely think this is a valuable idea, but this needs some refining I feel.

On 10/16/2023 at 1:06 AM, gthu765 said:

Second sort of bug report, if you exit a game to main menu and open a new one it takes FOREVER to load, it doesn't crash but it seemed to happen every time to the point where it saved more time to just close ck3 and reload.

For shits and giggles try swapping maps at some point before or while this is happening.

It might be completely unrelated but EU4 had a bug years ago thats cause loading a game to take 5+ minutes unless you clicked a different mapmode.

And it had the same behavior with the PC doing essentialy nothing.

37 minutes ago, Vulkandrache said:

For shits and giggles try swapping maps at some point before or while this is happening.

It might be completely unrelated but EU4 had a bug years ago thats cause loading a game to take 5+ minutes unless you clicked a different mapmode.

He'd be better of looking at the error log. I bet it's a whopper.

3 hours ago, Vulkandrache said:

That reminds me too much to the Elk CTD in skyrim LE, can't remember the version, the loading screen of the elk in particular would make you CTD unless you clicked and played with it like a drooling weirdo, for some sort of reason it always worked,

On 10/16/2023 at 2:11 AM, Dwjliel said:

you have the CBO com patch before CBO..

good catch!

So I fixed that up and also added the new cbo patch for cfp, did a little trial and error and was able to figure out the "everyone nude but you can tediously add clothes if you want" bug

If you remove all the skimpy accesories submods that fixes it, I imagine its culture expanded thats causing it but I didn't check in any conclusive way. It was far east and sub siberian cultures which I believe are added primarily via that so it would make sense that skimpys accesories would also need a compatch for that if its playing with the same files. Weird that it would default them to nude though?

Question for anyone who has played with this, does the 'Make Love' option not do anything for anyone else? Like the Love Reimagined GUI pops up and I get the stress relief effect if my character is lustful, but there's no flavor text or anything. The 'Carnal Court Make Love' option works just fine, so maybe its a conflict?

Working around crashes:

So i've had some instances where it will crash but can be recovered. Either completely closing out of steam and CK# and reloading to play screen or simply resume.

However today a lot of the associated mods got pushed updates via steam and I think it overwhelmed my save file. I'll check if its stable with the new updates as a new game a little later but I think a workaround here for a playthrough might just be to turn off the auto update (i'll paste instructions for that below)

If you'd like to stop Steam from automatically updating a game, select "Only update this game when I launch it" from the game's Library page > Properties > Updates. Your queued downloads can be manually re-ordered from your Download Manager. box and specify the time when Steam should perform auto-updates.

Oh , nevermind that last part if you use steam. No way to not have it auto update the mods. 

New game loaded fine so yeh the updates to the compatches probably did me in (I should probably figure out how to read error logs one of these days to be sure)

Im looking at this now and thinking cultures expanded with EPE and an entire lewd body morphing sex overhaul is probably asking a bit much.

13 minutes ago, Asperae said:

Thank you very much for making the list. Been looking for something like this for a long time. This helps A LOT.

Yeh and i've also encountered what i'm calling "workable crashes" , so if it fails don't give up immediately. Unless a mod has updated you can often close out steam completely and reload and continue, like its a "hiccup".

I'm gonna try a run with no MB+ or CE , I think those might be overkill in general in terms of what its forcing clausewitz to try and do (and also overkill in terms of redundancy as you can spend a few hundred years in one region easily doing an RP)

10 minutes ago, gthu765 said:

Yeh and i've also encountered what i'm calling "workable crashes" , so if it fails don't give up immediately. Unless a mod has updated you can often close out steam completely and reload and continue, like its a "hiccup"...

Please take all the time you need. I know how complicated & frustrating this stuff can get, but in the end most things will work, if only for a while. :)

• 4 months later...