Help please: "5 bounty added to..." VERY annoying.

Honesty

So I figured again, with all the jumping I do to here to help others, maybe someone can help me again...

This is not my main rig/main character, so I don't care TOO much about her,, however this is a very annoying fucking bug that is driving me insane.

Every once in awhile (can range anywhere from every 30 minutes to one hour) I'll get a: "5 bounty added to whiterun"

Or "5 bounty added to the reach" or "5 bounty added to Solitude" -- whiterun however is the most common one.

I do NOT use bettercities or anything like that. I have GOOGLED THE SHIT out of this and have gotten ZERO helpful responses or found ZERO helpful pages.

I only really started noticing this after installing calpys's adult toys (sextoys-calyps-2.esp) + prod80's CoT patch + supremestorms by ManntGT ..

There really is NO reason any of these should be causing something like this, and I googled extensively if these mods have anything even remotely related to "5 bounty added to..." and gotten zero results.

I mean I suppose I could try disabling calyps's adult toys, but I use this mod on my main rig and have NEVER had this problem .. ever.

help? : (

Sound more like a long term glitch in your save game.

Check if you're having a bounty in those holds and pay it.
Something might have not triggred right and you may be able to stop it this way.

if that's the case, then this should be gone even if you get another bounty on your head afterwards.

I always use console and pay it when the message pops up. I'll open the menu after and check crime section and it is indeed zero (after using player.setcrimegold 0 xxxxxxx) and the message will reappear every 30 minutes to an hour. It's very random and I am doing nothing to trigger said bounty/crimes. I don't tresspass, get caught stealing anything, or anything like that. It's very very annoying : (

Why using the console to pay it? Try paying the way it's meant to be payed, to ensure possible scripts are stopping/starting/whats-o-ever.

i still think it's a long term glitch in your save game. Try on a new game. if it's gone then, your save game is errornous. Not game breaking (maybe), but errornous.

what where you doing when the bounty was added ?? if you where fighting some npc's and there is someone close by who has high value, he may be reporting you especially for assault. if this was the case then this is not a bug but a game mechanic.

But if you where doing nothing, and suddenly a bounty is added, then this either something with your savegame like someone mentioned or a mod conflict.

I do nothing. This is my laptop character... I don't especially care about her, but it's annoying nonetheless to just toss the save away. I tried paying it via the guard instead of console, and the messages still pop up.

Whats worse is, if I'm not in a town, and the message pops up -- I'll go to check it in the options under crime, and the bounty will dissapear on it's own (therefore making it super-ultra-annoying only whilst in town, since guards attack me on site when the message pops -- but will not obviously attack if the bounty 'dissapeared' from my log before entering said towns).. it'll re-appear and dissapear randomly.. super annoying.

I've read online about bettercities mod or something causing this, but I don't use it. And this is the first time in over 800 hours I have ever encountered this bug. I'll be tossing this character sooner than later anyway : /

What mods do you have installed ?? i remember a mod called Become King of Riverhelm also seem to have have this problem that sometimes would cause a bounty added. But that was caused because this mod has edit allot of vanilla game entries that should not have been edit. And would cause a tress pass even when walking out side and this would also cause a bounty + 5 added.

Are you sure you don't here someone around telling you too leave ??

I've clocked 800 hours total in various playthroughs. My game is super squeaky clean, and I am usually one to offer advise to others -- I don't have any "odd" mods installed or anything of the like. Papyrus log is beautifully squeaky clean as well. I must have picked this bug up, somewhere, somehow, and as CGi suggested, it's stuck in the save (as this is the first time I've ever experienced this bug since release).

I don't use any mods (that were said to cause this) after googling for about an hour and a half or so. The only mods I installed when I noticed this are listed above, and I agree that Supreme storms and the CoT patch should not cause this. i did however not try disabling calyps's sex toys mod yet though... reason for this is, I use it on my main rig and have never experienced this problem ever. This version however, was a re-uploaded version by someone here on LL.. so who knows. I'll try disabling it tomorrow, but even then, if it's stuck in the save, it may not help. I'll try disabling, if that doesn't work, I'll start a new save with it off - then turn it on and run around for awhile and see if it pops up - if it does, then we know that's the culprit.

You could really try the save game cleaner from the nexus and by this remove scripts from your save game.
i don't know which script this would be, but it's definitly embedded in the save game and for some reason looping over and over, greatly adding stress on the papyrus engine.

i actually never tryied this program, as i found a work around for this bug.

1. i play the game vanilla until i reach riverwood, then i finish the whole talking in the house, save this game and keep it, to have a solid base for rollbacks.
    2. Then i add mods like fixes, Ui and framwork and save this one.
    3. The i add only 5 mods at once and everrytime save and quit, to add another 5, until i'm done.
    4. The final save game with all mods, i always keep and load first, as it's in an interior cell and no mods triggered any critical action yet.

Always loading from this save and then my play save, kept most bloat, like script left-overs and such, away from my main save.

it's the process i go thru in short, but if you want to know all the details, i'll try my best and write them down.

There is still away to identify this, Try this: edit your skyrim.ini and enable papyrus log and when the bounty is added exit your game and check your papyrus log. Maybe this can help you identify the culprit.

haha.. as I mentioned, I am notorious for papyrus log checking. 6kb file normally, 20-something kb all day with wet&cold + enhanced blood + player headtracking + footprints + frostfall. Super clean.

But I do appreciate the tips regardless. Since it's 2:32AM as I type this, I'll try disabling the calpys mod tomorrow. if that doesn't work, I'll do what else I suggested as this should not persist into a fresh new game.

Or I may wait until the 2.0.0 of the USKP mods come out to start a fresh game regardless - can't wait. Going to help a LOT of people since skyrim's engine has a problem with overtly large .esp files (it'll be flagged as a false-.ESM)

You could really try the save game cleaner from the nexus and by this remove scripts from your save game.

i don't know which script this would be, but it's definitly embedded in the save game and for some reason looping over and over, greatly adding stress on the papyrus engine.

i actually never tryied this program, as i found a work around for this bug.

1. i play the game vanilla until i reach riverwood, then i finish the whole talking in the house, save this game and keep it, to have a solid base for rollbacks.
    2. Then i add mods like fixes, Ui and framwork and save this one.
    3. The i add only 5 mods at once and everrytime save and quit, to add another 5, until i'm done.
    4. The final save game with all mods, i always keep and load first, as it's in an interior cell and no mods triggered any critical action yet.

Always loading from this save and then my play save, kept most bloat, like script left-overs and such, away from my main save.

it's the process i go thru in short, but if you want to know all the details, i'll try my best and write them down.

I don't have any spam in my logs at all.Would never keep this save if I did xD. I trash a game (even with 100 hours, for example) instantly when I see any kind of errors/spam and start new. My games are squeaky clean minus this bug I never encountered in over 800 hours of playthroughs. we shall see tomorrow though.. I'll keep ya'll updated however.

can'treally suggest anything cause i feel you're much better at having clean mods than i am. I had the same problem for a while, but not so often. It kinda stopped when i ticked the crime radius report (or somethin like that) on Wrye bash on patched.esp setings and set it on 500 (the lowest radius). Maybe it will help, gluck.

I have the same problem. I started a new thread on it (thinking I was the only person suffering) and was directed here. I have been assuming it had something to do with sexlab, maybe the updated romance mod, in which guards arrest you if you have sex in public. I thought this because I often (but not always) get the "5 bounty" message when I am having sex. i also have guards storming into my house when I have sex (not always, but often). But maybe the bug has nothing to do with sexlab. I too have the calyps mod, but I had that for months without mishap. Maybe we can compare mods and load orders? But I am not sure how to cut and paste them here. If someone tells me how, i will do it and that might help to discover the culprit mod or load order.

Addendum: Someone on my new thread has just suggested that sexlab submit might be the cause. Apparently, it adds a bounty of 5 septims if you are seen in flagrante by a guard. If it is the culprit, it seems that bounties are being added at random, with or without sex, whether a guard sees you or not. I think I will try unchecking that mod and see if that helps.

Archived