HULK Serum!

Nichoice

I just had a brilliant idea for a mod! But I am not sure how to implement it.

I wanted to make a consumable (think atomic cocktail) that would replace the PC body with the Brawler Male Body or the Athletic Body Type along with various enchant effects such as +Str, Unarmed skill to 100 and -Int. Then withdrawal effects like +dehydration, - Str, - Agi. 

I am certain there won't be a problem with creating the race and making a new consumable with the necessary effects, however I don't know how I can implement the body change. 

If done so by way of script, I have no idea even where to begin! 

And what about custom hair? Is there a way to just change the PC body without effecting the head? Otherwise those with mikado/lings etc. will be effected. Perhaps using bodysuits by treating the body as an armor as opposed to a race? 

Any thoughts?  

EDIT: Changed the title, I believe it is more self-explanatory. 

UPDATE: Just letting anyone that's interested know I have not dropped off the planet, I am just slowing learning how to import the mesh from the bodies to make it a armor. Just been doing some reading about it.

Perhaps using bodysuits by treating the body as an armor as opposed to a race? 

I believe that is what is done with pregnancy.

And what about custom hair?

Perhaps a wig created that uses the hair you wanted that can be equipped with the armor when the change occurs.

The above can have issues with matching the hands and neck seam also with the skin coloration used. That could cause some issues as you develop this mod. That is if you do decide to continue.

:D I could be very well wrong in the above assumptions but since nobody else has posted yet I figured .. oh what the hell I'd give it a shot.  :D

Assuming I can even implement a body change with a consumable which I still have no idea how (if it requires scripting, I have never done any so I am probably gonna need some help), at least I have the right idea regarding replacing PC body with an armor that uses all the body slots excluding the head so that the PC's body appears to have changed. 

The benefit of doing the above is that the mod won't conflict with PC's head and their chosen hair, nor will it conflict with mods such as mikado or lings. 

But you are right, I hadn't thought of coloration of hands. 

I am sure regardless of how I implement the body, there will be neck seams as there are just too many body and head textures out there and everyone uses a different combination so I am not too fussed about that. 

And now that you mentioned pregnancy, I am curious how that mod deals with coloration. 

Does Pregnancy actually change the race of the PC to a custom body type or does it just equip your body with a "pregnancy armor" that makes you look pregnant. 

From memory, I don't think pregnancy just *hides* the player body underneath a pregnancy armor cause I remember that you could still equip armor while pregnant. 

What I am proposing is rather  the player is equipped with a hulk body for a duration hence giving the player the illusion that he/she has changed race without actually change the PC's race and effecting their chosen face/hair. 

Like I said "I believe" that is the way it works. I haven't really used GECK and am only going by what I think I understood could be done.

I believe Pregnancy swaps the body (armor) if that body is larger than the old one or standard Breezes etc. You would have to provide some armors. Yes sure you could get away with the standard ripped version for a while but eventually the issue will arise that "Hey I was wearing Vault armor and now I am wearing leather armor, what gives" sort of issue.

Yeah, Pregnancy has 3-7 belly size variations of most of the vanilla armors & outfits, around 400 meshes and just equips the correct armor based on bellysize and original armor worn, the hands and face aren't changed, I believe any exposed skin on the outfits still uses the Actors race skin shader somehow through the magics of Blender/NifSkope.

Ah, that would explain why pregnancy allows for the bodies to seem like its equipping armor. 

I wonder if the brawler body and athletic body has the right shader settings? 

Could anyone with Blender/NifSkope experience check whether the meshes for the brawler and athletic bodies have the correct shader settings?

I tried to do it once I recall for a custom race, but it didn't work out and I could never get the head and the body to be the same shade. I tried all the usual methods of adding lines in the ini files, flagging it as an esm, but I was still getting mismatched heads and bodies. I can only assume I didn't messed up with the shader settings.

Assuming the above is done, and the bodies have the right shader settings and I can just use them as body suits for the PC.

Unfortunately I don't have pregnancy installed, can anyone shed some light as to how Pregnancy implements the bodies with time duration? 

What I do in Pregnancy is have a scripted token on the Actor checking for changes in belly size, if it detects a change it adds a scripted bodyswapping token.

The bodyswapping token script then checks what the player is wearing and if it detects the player is wearing an item in a formlist then it adds the new outfit of that type.

scn SexoutP5SBodySwap

if rZActor && SexoutP0QVAR.iPregMainRunning > 9 && iRemoving < 1

; *** Check OK to run
	Set iOkToRun to 1
	if rZActor.GetDead || rZActor.GetIsSex Female == 0
		Set iOkToRun to 0
		Set iDeadTimer to iDeadTimer + 1
		if iDeadTimer > 19
			Set iOkToRun to -1
		endif
	else
		Set iDeadTimer to 0
	endif

if iOkToRun > 0
		Set rCurrUpperBody to GetEquippedObject 2

if iSwapStage < 1
			Set rSwapUpperBody to NVFakeGolfBall
			Set rStartUpperBody to rCurrUpperBody
			if rStartUpperBody
				Set fBodySuitHealth to GetEquippedCurrentHealth 2
			else
				Set rStartUpperBody to SexoutSNudeToken
				Set fBodySuitHealth to 100
			endif

if GetEquipped SexoutSLOutfitNaked || rStartUpperBody == SexoutSNudeToken
				Set rSwapUpperBody to SexoutSNudeToken
				Set fBodySuitHealth to 100
			endif

; *** Outfits, just the add outfits you have your hulk meshes for
			if GetEquipped SexoutSLOutfitUnderwear ; *** this is a formlist containing all the underwear variations
				Set rSwapUpperBody to Underwear
			endif
			if rZActor.GetEquipped SexoutSLOutfitSexyUnderwearSet ; *** ditto for SexyUndewear Outfit variations
				Set rSwapUpperBody to SexoutSSexyUnderWearSetP0B3
			endif
			if GetEquipped SexoutSLOutfitArmorRecon ; *** etc
				Set rSwapUpperBody to ArmorRecon
			endif

; *** Swap Outfits if Outfit was in List above
			if rSwapUpperBody != NVFakeGolfBall
				if rSwapUpperBody != SexoutSNudeToken
					if rStartUpperBody ; *** avoid removing "no body" or causes ScriptCrash
						RemoveItem rStartUpperBody 1 1
					endif
					AddItem rSwapUpperBody 1 1
					EquipItem rSwapUpperBody 0 1
					if NX_IsInList SexoutSLOutfitNaked rSwapUpperBody < 1
						AddItem SexoutP5TokenRemoveNudeBodies 1 1
					endif
					Set iSwapStage to 1
				else
					Set iSwapStage to 2
					Set iOkToRun to -1
				endif
			else
				if iDebug == 5
					DebugPrint "Preg5BSwapP0 %n: NotSwapOutfit %n to %n BSHealth %4.2f, SwapStage %2.0f" rZActor rStartUpperBody rSwapUpperBody fBodySuitHealth iSwapStage
				endif
				Set iSwapStage to 2
				Set iOkToRun to -1
			endif

elseif iSwapStage == 1 ; *** Check new outfit is equiped before updating it's health to old outfit health
			if rCurrUpperBody == rSwapUpperBody
				SetEquippedCurrentHealth fBodySuitHealth 2
				Set iSwapStage to 2
				Set iOkToRun to -1
				if iDebug == 5
					DebugPrint "Preg5BSwapP0 %n: OutfitSwapped %n to %n BSHealth %4.2f, SwapStage %2.0f" rZActor rStartUpperBody rSwapUpperBody fBodySuitHealth iSwapStage
				endif
			endif

elseif iSwapStage > 1
			if iDebug == 5
				DebugPrint "Preg5BSwapP0 %n: SwapComplete %n to %n BSHealth %4.2f, SwapStage %2.0f" rZActor rStartUpperBody rSwapUpperBody fBodySuitHealth iSwapStage
			endif
			Set iOkToRun to -1

endif ; *** End Swap Stage
	endif ; *** End OkToRun
endif ; *** Pregnancy Main Started

if iOkToRun < 0 && iRemoving < 1
	if iDebug == 5
		DebugPrint "Preg5BSwapP0 %n : End" rZActor
	endif
	Set iRemoving to 1
	Dispel SexoutP5EBodySwapT3P0
endif

The Bodyswap token is something like that, I've trimmed a hundred outfits out of it and all the belly size stuff. It would need adapting to what you are doing.

This is gonna take me a while lol, I have absolutely no  scripting experience aside from the occasional simple holster script for companions. 

Okay so things to do are:

1) Figure out whether the brawler/athletic bodies has the right shader settings so they can be effectively used as body suits that won't have issues with race. 

2) Adapt the above script so that it adds the token for the set duration of (lets say 240s) to equip the player with the brawler/athletic body suits.

Once the above done, I will figure out the other minor issues such as what *buff* to give the player or custom sounds for when the player *hulks* out. 

Also thinking how I can limit the player to be unarmed only during the *transformation* duration so the player although has bonus damage/ damage resistance etc. is restricted to charging in and using fists only, making it not so much a god item but an extra option to combat (as I think melee combat is sorely lacking in FNV, especially unarmed). 

And finally after that, perhaps look at how it can work with Sexout (I am worried about the body change since the "body suit" is timed for a rather short duration as opposed to pregnancy, I don't want the body to change half way through an animation and stuff things up). 

You can just pause your swapping scripts while animations are happening by checking for a token in the Actors inventory called SexoutActorToken I do this as it does screw things up if the player swaps outfits during animations.

To limit the Actor to unarmed you could either find all the players weapon skills and set them to 0 and then set them back again or just run an unequip item on the weapon slot every 5 seconds while in Hulk mode.

Thank you for all the help Halstrom, but I foresee another problem. 

Not so much with the mod but with the implementation into sexout animations. 

Won't the "bodysuits" have major clipping issues during the animations seeing as the sexoutNG animations weren't made with these bodies? Maybe not so much for the female athletic body, but I foresee some major issues with the brawler body. 

Anyway, I have alot of work ahead of me phew

Urgh, I suspect the best perfect solution would be to to either make my own animations using those bodies or only choose the ones that don't have massive clipping issues. 

And by choose I mean I would have to make patches for all the plugins won't I to overwrite the author's chosen animation or list of animation. 

Or the alternative being what you said and just tweak it with positioning, it would be easier than making a patch for everything but then there are bound to be some clipping. 

Due to limitations in the game and animation data, clipping is gonna happen. Just accept it and move forward. If you absolutely MUST try to work around this and patch, keep in mind that very few plugins have their own animations. As a rule they all just have calls that pull from SexoutNG, so you'd just need a patch that communicates with NG to interpret those calls in a way that works with your mod.

Perhaps the "Hulk' can be the same size and dimensions as a Super Mutant. Then at least some of the animations can be used from SM. This can also possibly get some assistance from those individuals that like SM characters as well. Perhaps make the close that can fit that body as well. After a bit I think others might help flesh that part out because they can use some of it for resources for their mods as well.

Archived