Sexout Problems

So I recently installed Sexout with the help of a friend.  She gave me a specific install order which I followed to a T, but there are two errors that keep occurring.  I checked my load order and everything, making sure that everything that needed to be installed was installed and everything that was in place was in place.  I also used FOMM, as instructed, but still I'm having issues.

Here are my issues:

1. The game keeps claiming that I'm using NVSE Extender V0 when I'm running the latest version
  2. It says that there's an issue with MCM that stems from either C++ or my firewall/UAC settings

I'm following the suggested load order from the Sexout page and I installed the following mods in the following order:

1.  Sexout Core

2.  Sexout Extras

3.  Beware of Girl HiRez HiDetailed Replacer is suggested for female skin meshes for naked appearance.
4. Bouncing Natural Breasts - Body
5. Astymma's Compatibility Skeleton - Follow the instructions, you won't be able to use the FOMM for this, but it's done just like NVSE, by extracting the files to the right folder.  They walk you through it step by step on the Nexus website for the file.  (Note: for this one, there was no "_1stperson" folder for me to place the "_1stperson" files into, so I simply placed the file inside the "Characters" folder alongside the "_male" folder)
6. Bouncing Natural Breasts - Armor
7. Desert Succubus, Lings Coiffure and Project Mikoto 

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated

That NVSE warning means you did not install it correctly. It is a mistake a lot of people make, check the following:

You are using the latest beta version, which is v3b2

You are also using Prideslayer's Extender: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/27-nvse-extender/

You have unpacked them correctly, in this folder:

.../Fallout New Vegas/Data/NVSE/Plugins/

There should be 3 (and possibly others) files:

MCM.dll

nvse_extender.dll

nvse_extender_ng.dll

These files should NOT be in a subfolder (eg: if you unpacked the download wrong and have a folder there called '/NVSE Extender'

-----

This will fix that bug, which will probably make it all work, but also note the following:

- If a download specifies a particular folder to place files, then you need to put it in that exact folder or it will definitely not work. If the folder does not exist then you need to create it.

- The BNB nexus download does not install correctly using FOMM (or any other mod manager), you need to install it manually, which is a bit of a hassle- check the included readme for instructions. This includes everything related to it (body, skeleton, armors). Probably you didn't bother checking the long readme (I know I was guilty of this)

- Install Astymma's skeleton last and into the correct folder- it may get overwritten by other bodies, so just be aware of that.

- You will need to install SCR for a lot of mods. Make sure you follow all the instructions exactly, it is unfortunately quite tedious because due to rights/ownership issues all of the necessary files can not be included in one easy download; so there are lots. If you miss something then you can expect to see giant red boxes in your game.

- Sexout (and also SCR, Slavery, ZAZ) does nothing on its own- it is a framework which lots of other mods use. So you need to install some other mods before any festivities will begin

- That MCM issue might be due to not having NVSE installed correctly, unless maybe you don't get windows updates for some reason. Try installing it again and check the mod's readme

- Make sure you read the description fully of all sexout mods you want to download- often they have some extra requirements

- Find a post by RitualClarity and look at his signature.. he has all of the help links you could ever need

Specifically, it says that I need to reinstall the mod (which I have), update my 32-bit visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package or change my Firewall/UAC settings

Edit: I recently went to the MCM page and tried downloading the version of C++ they suggested.  When I tried, it said that the version I already have is more up-to-date than the 2010 version.  Should I uninstall my current C++ and install the one that's required?

P.S.  I'm running Windows 8

Specifically, it says that I need to reinstall the mod (which I have), update my 32-bit visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package or change my Firewall/UAC settings

Edit: I recently went to the MCM page and tried downloading the version of C++ they suggested.  When I tried, it said that the version I already have is more up-to-date than the 2010 version.  Should I uninstall my current C++ and install the one that's required?

P.S.  I'm running Windows 8

Definitely don't try to downgrade the C++ libs for Win8 to 2012. That will only cause problems. I suspect that it's NVSE that isn't working, and the note about UAC may be correct. NVSE acts a bit like a trojan or virus in that it patches Fallout in memory. Try disabling you antivirus and/or disabling UAC.

There are many people having NVSE difficulties with Win8.

I thought this forum would be best since I am having a problem with Sexout as well. Just started playing the game and I started a mission where I need to gain a leader Eddie's trust for the NCR soldiers. I go in there talk to Eddie and he gives me two options: Be submissive or resist. I resist and its not a happy sight for my character. When they take turns and The named NPC (cant remember his name) tells my character to say sorry to Eddie the game gets an error and crashes. Any advice for the Newbie? :(

Update: Just to prove that I am not a complete moron, I use BOSS to setup my load order to avoid crashes and better game compatibility. I'm going to try a few more things and see if that helps. (Start a new game and get to that point fresh)

Update: When I started a new game it worked fine. Must of been a corrupt game file or something. So far so good.

Update: Game works fine now but when you become enslaved you get the slave outfit and neck collar like usual but when some gang has sex with you once they are removed and no longer re-equipped. They are in your inventory still but with no pipboy you cannot equip them. Also after that you just wander around the camp occasionally gang members have their way with you and thats it. Eddie said Scramble (Remembered his name finally :) ) would come down and get you but I waited 3 game days and nothing. Not sure if this is all that was given for the mod if so please excuse me. I just wanted to let you all know.

That content is added by Sexout Tryouts. There are a lot people in that mod's support thread reporting the same bugs, there is more info there.

Changing your load order, etc, will not fix it. The best idea may be to skip that part of the game for now (there are many other amusements in Tryouts..) and keep checking that mod's support thread. Eventually a new version will fix it.

----

You can stop the collar (and any particular clothes) being removed during sex via the MCM control for Sexout-Clothing-Eval; it lets you add various flags to any items you have currently equipped. It is a bit annoying you have to specify collars manually, hopefully someone will fix that sometime..

That content is added by Sexout Tryouts. There are a lot people in that mod's support thread reporting the same bugs, there is more info there.

Changing your load order, etc, will not fix it. The best idea may be to skip that part of the game for now (there are many other amusements in Tryouts..) and keep checking that mod's support thread. Eventually a new version will fix it.

----

You can stop the collar (and any particular clothes) being removed during sex via the MCM control for Sexout-Clothing-Eval; it lets you add various flags to any items you have currently equipped. It is a bit annoying you have to specify collars manually, hopefully someone will fix that sometime..

Ok Thank you for letting me know. Since I only have a couple days into this game I am very inexperienced. If I find any more oddities I'll post them on the thread you stated. 

Archived