pc dark face glitch

eriberri

Hey all, have a slight problem I'd love some help with..

I made a character as per normal in skyrim (not the CK), and when i loaded up the save game, her head was a darker shade then the rest of her body. if I then go into showracemenu, i can use the slider to switch complexions to normal and back to the one she was using, ok it and she's fine, until i load her up again..

For the record though, this is a custom race - pretty much just a carbon copy of Nord female with mods added. I'm using SG female renewal texture for the face complexion. I've also made other custom races in the same manner, including using the same texture pack, without this issue.

I've tried reinstalling the face texture mod & whatnot, no luck.

Here's a picture to show the problem. left is how she looks once I fix her up in showracemenu, right is the problem on loading a save.

post-117191-0-66863600-1381577229_thumb.jpg

That's because head and body are loaded from different meshes. I was told that setscale 1 fixes the error but I haven't tested it.

the problem lies elsewhere, it is appearing from skyrim Dawnguard and "patches 1.8" occurred! many people have a similar problem and here on LL, there are a lot of topics, write about it.

here is a website that writes about maybe helps it further.

german \ deutsch !

das problem liegt woanders , es ist mit erscheinen von skyrim dawnguard und "patches 1.8" aufgetreten ! sehr viele leute haben ein ähnliches problem und hier auf LL gibt es eine menge themen , die darüber schreiben .

hier ist eine seite ,die darüber schreibt , vieleicht hilft es weiter .

Okay, still no luck.

A friend of mine turned the exported character with the dark face into an npc using CK, and the issue seemed to go away in the creation kit. I'm not sure what that means..?

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions about what else I could try, I'd really appreciate the help.

when these two sides was no help, then we need to find another solution! has only your caracter's dark face, or all female "NPC"?

german \ deutsch !

wenn diese zwei seiten keine hilfe war , dann müßen wir eine andere lösung finden ! hat nur dein karakter das dunkle gesicht , oder auch alle weiblichen "NPC ?

Some enb settings can cause this, you can check ingame if it is the enb by toggling the enb on and off by clicking shift+F12.

If it's not the enb this can be caused by the textures, best way to prevent this is to use a complete texture set from one single modder. Not mixing up face textures and body texture from other mods.

Some enb settings can cause this, you can check ingame if it is the enb by toggling the enb on and off by clicking shift+F12.

If it's not the enb this can be caused by the textures, best way to prevent this is to use a complete texture set from one single modder. Not mixing up face textures and body texture from other mods.

but it can also be the meshes file, many of them are not compatible with various textures

german \ deutsch !

es kann aber auch die meshes datei sein , viele von ihnen sind mit verschiedenen texturen nicht kompatibel .

@Winny257 - Die Charakter mit dem dunklen Gesicht ist ein Spieler Charakter (Dovahkiin) erstellt in der Skyrim Character Creator (nicht die Creation Kit); sie ist nicht ein NPC. Sie ist aus einer Custom Rasse gemacht, aber der Custom Rasse ist nur eine Kopie der Nord Rasse. Ich habe mehrere andere Charaktere aus anderen Custom Rassen auch gemacht, aber sie haben nicht dieses Problem.

(Sorry, wenn ich Fehler gemacht habe, ich schreib nicht viel in Deutsch.)

ENGLISH:

the character with the dark face is a a players' character (Dovahkiin) created in the Skyrim character creator (not the creation kit), she is not an NPC. She is from a custom race, but the custom race is just a copy of the Nord race. I have made several other characters (PC's) from other custom races that I created, but none had this problem.

@Wast1980 - I've tried that, it's not the ENB. The textures of the body and face are both from the same mod (SG female renewal textures).

tint files can be found in the same texture folder where you installed the female body and face body sometimes they are placed there, or check where Facegen is. hold on i will look for it.

check in

Data\textures\actors\character\FaceGenData

in here is you will find FaceTint

Make a backup and delete all in it and see if you still get darker face.

first, you do not apologize, no one is perfect!

what D_ManXX2 thinks could be the facegendata, it is present twice (meshes, texture). if your breed (Dovahkiin) has a meshes and texture file, you can experiment with them, you can exchange different textures. what matters is the body and face are derived from a type!

german \ deutsch !

erstmal , du mußt dich nicht entschuldigen , kein mensch ist vollkommen !

was D_ManXX2 meint , könnte die facegendata sein , sie ist zweimal vorhanden ( meshes , textur ) . wenn deine rasse ( Dovahkiin ) eine meshes und textur datei hat , kannst du mit ihnen experimentieren , du kannst verschiedene texturen tauschen . wichtig ist nur das körper und gesicht von einem typ abstammen !

Okay, I deleted the tint files (they were in character assets > tint masks), but the character got an even darker face. :/

German:

Ich löschte den tint files (sie sind in character assets > tint masks), aber der Charakter bekam eine noch dunklere Gesicht. :/

EDIT: here's a pic of what she looks like now.

post-117191-0-72150100-1381713370_thumb.jpg

Just do not do it! the tint masks affects all breeds, these files you must not use remove, you look what happened.
for you only the texture and facegendata is important. if you use a separate breed has its own meshes and textures that have nothing to do with the vanilla races. I have an idea, invite me a link of your race high, I can look at this mod times exactly. Maybe I can better find the error.

german \ deutsch !

mache das bloß nicht ! die tint masks beeinflußt alle rassen , diese dateien darfst du auf keinen fall entfernen , du siehst ja was passiert ist .
für dich ist nur die textur und facegendata wichtig . wenn du eine gesonderte rasse verwendest , hat die eigene meshes und texturen , die nichts mit den vanilla rassen zutun haben . ich habe eine idee , lade mir eine link von deiner rasse hoch , dann kann ich mir diese mod mal genau anschauen . vieleicht kann ich so besser den fehler finden .

Okay, I deleted the tint files (they were in character assets > tint masks), but the character got an even darker face. :/

German:

Ich löschte den tint files (sie sind in character assets > tint masks), aber der Charakter bekam eine noch dunklere Gesicht. :/

EDIT: here's a pic of what she looks like now.

attachicon.gifScreenShot243.jpg

That is why is said to back up the tint files. Now you are on the right track. since the tint is showing that whatever body and facial data your using is somehow incorrect with the tint files your using. you did not also install any beauty texture look for facials  ??

now the next thing to try is put back the tint files. and backup the facials you installed and delete those. and start up your game. it should now revert the look of the face back to normal If this is the case then go back to where you downloaded CBBE facials and redownload directly from the CBBE original version from nexus and install the texture there.

Okay, I made a save without them, then I put the tint files back where they were, and now the character looks as she did before - with the original dark face bug.

I'm not sure what files you mean that I should try deleting next (there is no 'facials' folder or files by that name that I can see) but perhaps I should clarify something first.

I looked where you originally specified for the facegendata, but there was no folder by that name (or FaceGen) in that location. That's when I noticed the character assets > tink masks folder and assumed it was the same thing. I backed up the files anyway (always would, even if not told) and then deleted them. Was that the right thing? obviously now they are replaced as they were, so either way there is no harm done.

Is my file setup different to yours?

@winny257 - meinst du nur die mod .esp oder all die zugehörigen Dateien, auch?

Here is the .esp: nordteenesp.rar

Put the tint files back where they were. Go to \Data\Textures\actors\character\female. Select all textures in that folder, press CTRL+C to copy (or just right-click, select "Copy"). Then go to the textures folder FOR THE CUSTOM RACE YOU ARE USING (*it should be located at \Data\Textures\actors\character). Press CTRL+V to paste, over-write everything when prompted.

This should fix it. :)

I wanted all the data, so I can try different things.

Yesterday I experimented a bit and I've found something, but it has to do with the meshes! to but more if I'm sure.

german \ deutsch !

ich wollte eigentlich alle daten , damit ich verschiedene dinge ausprobieren kann .

gestern habe ich ein bißchen experimentiert und ich habe etwas festgestellt , es hat aber mit der meshes zu tun ! dazu aber mehr wenn ich mir sicher bin .

Archived