[Mod][XCL] [0.19] DreddfulEndings

[XCL] [0.19] DreddfulEndings

It adds 8 BAD endings to X-Change Life centered around the Side Effects that drain stats or identity. Eventually, it will add 8 redemption arcs for those bad endings, but right now only one is implemented, the rest just dump you back to the base game. It also adds a cat.

Lead Developer: Dragon42/Shadowspawn/DragonEpiphany/ME

Developement Team:  Winrarw

Coding Consultant: Chuck

Special Thanks to Aphrodite for creating an amazing game!

This Mod affects the bar dance and dredd job passages., as well as the Pharmacy main, Dumb Bitch Demo, Hot N Ready Demo, and Secretary Demo. It adds 8 BAD endings to X-Change Life centered around the Side Effects for the affected passages

Anyone who knows how to produce Gabbie's bar girl name with a $var, I would greatly appreciate it.

The next update will hopefully include the above fix (if I figure it out), plus add a couple images and clean up the coding a bit.

At which point I will call this mod complete, unless anyone has any feature requests.

So I did an Insta Strip job at work, and when returning to Dredd to dance again he does the line "I'll pay you. A lot."  and there's nothing after that. No text, no buttons to continue or exit the conversation. Not sure if this is conflicting with some other mod but there aren't many on this save file.

EDIT: Removing BarWhore mod resolved the issue, I'm not sure if this is a conflict or some issue with BarWhore.

Edited by unknownwrath28
resolved the issue

Gerneral announcement. I am working on developement. I am adding more Game Over conditions and also giving some of the current Game Over scenarios redemption story lines. The first one under construction involves Gabby.

I do NOT plan to release an update before .18 goes live. I will do my .18 update and roll out all the content I have ready with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly this mod makes the side effects of the New-U machine not work. At least for one. When I have this mod active and get the "swallow come everyday or this DNA becomes permanent" side effect, it is the same as having no side effects. At least I don't have the option to ask dad for help, I get no notification that I'm stuck with this DNA and I just turn back to my original DNA.

Now my question is: Is this a bug? (probably, I guess)

Or is this intentional for some of the added contents somehow and the description just does not reflect that?

Also, for the sake of being able to replicate/analyse the issue: I am also using:

Pregmod 4.18a, Achievements mod1.1.1, Exhibitionist mod 1.6.3, Quickening 1.0.6, BR pill mod V16c

I did not check, if the problem is still there with only this mod enabled, since I am not planning to play like that.

No, I did not trigger an ending. I just used the machine and chose the "need to drink cum to not make it permanent" side-effect and the game ignores that effect. I just turn back to my old self while never drinking cum and don't even get the last resort option to ask stepdad for help. As soon as I deactivate this mod, it works as usual again.

Can confirm above report on a new save with version 1.18.6.

It's fairly easy to repro on a new save, easier if you just cheat yourself a bunch of money. Just bargain basement the newu and reroll until you get an "or it becomes permanent" side effect, pick that then sleep and do nothing the next day and see it wear off and you go back to original character

On 10/27/2023 at 4:20 AM, Indarello said:

Could you please list all possible ways in spoiler to reach all content? Like:

1)Begin "dumb bitch" Pill demo, lose int during demo,... 

2)...

I thought I had. But I will review it and update with the next patch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 7:04 AM, barad10 said:

When is the next update coming ?

And what is it going to add ?

As for what it will add... at this point almost all the mechanics are in place for Gabby's Slut. So its mainly adding scenes for that one. I will be looking to start on of the other arcs. Taking suggestions on which arc gets developed next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since you have gone to the new single file format I cant seem to get this to work. I have tried just the base game (Dec 28 version with 1.20 loader) and only this mod, it seems to install but after going through several demos I am only getting vanilla. I also tried unzipping and then loading the twee as a separate file, also seemed to install but only vanilla jobs. The Demo Framework version with separate Demo files worked flawlessly. Since no one else is in the comments I have to assume its me but I cant figure out what I am doing wrong

13 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

Since you have gone to the new single file format I cant seem to get this to work. I have tried just the base game (Dec 28 version with 1.20 loader) and only this mod, it seems to install but after going through several demos I am only getting vanilla. I also tried unzipping and then loading the twee as a separate file, also seemed to install but only vanilla jobs. The Demo Framework version with separate Demo files worked flawlessly. Since no one else is in the comments I have to assume its me but I cant figure out what I am doing wrong

Are you downloading the right mod? This isnt a Demo Framework mod.