Skyrim SE Face is ruined when loading save.

There's been another thread like this maybe a year ago. Can't remember if it had a solution though. You may be able to find something by searching loverslab using Google and including my name in the query, i.e.: "face +traison site:loverslab.com"

As for MCM breaking after showracemenu. MCM is implemented in papyrus, so the papyrus log would be essential in figuring that one out.

3 hours ago, traison said:

There's been another thread like this maybe a year ago. Can't remember if it had a solution though. You may be able to find something by searching loverslab using Google and including my name in the query, i.e.: "face +traison site:loverslab.com"

As for MCM breaking after showracemenu. MCM is implemented in papyrus, so the papyrus log would be essential in figuring that one out.

I was able to narrow it down to where it looks like some of the mods stop working including racemenu which causes the face to become like that. And if i use show racemenu command the face issue gets resolved but the other mods still do not work. I can see them in the MCM menu but when i clicked on them they are infinite loading.

Under certain circumstance, the game seems to load some baseline assets of unknown origin. I get a similar thing from time to time on my current player (and have seen similar distortions, albeit not the same shaping or complexion, on previous players). IN my case, the wrong one looks like someone used a vampire head mesh, although I've never played as a vampire, avoid vampirism and don't want to be a vampire (or an elf for that matter) EVER, since Bethesda's idea of both is even more hideous than the other vanilla mockeries

Correct:

face1.jpg.cb2351e190ab5626d30930ddee44346f.jpg

Incorrect:

face2.jpg.d5ab08e4db5de6bd76df2c02cfbf88ac.jpg

As with you, I can also fix it quite easily by loading the Racemenu preset again. It usually happens when the game is under a "high stress" environment (script lag is often present, and following save and check of save file using fallrim I usually also see elevated numbers of stacks and frames... Although I have no idea why that would lead to the game spewing out that second piece of crap, especially since I never created that mesh no anything approaching it, so it's not like it's falling back on some earlier iteration I had been using at some point. 

My only advise is "keep on loading the preset when needed"

There's a mod called A Change of Face that at least makes using racemenu to swap the preset a bit less annoying with no need for renaming after ditzing around in Racemenu, in case it might have value for you... 

Edited by anjenthedog
1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:

Under certain circumstance, the game seems to load some baseline assets of unknown origin. I get a similar thing from time to time on my current player (and have seen similar distortions, albeit not the same shaping or complexion, on previous players). IN my case, the wrong one looks like someone used a vampire head mesh, although I've never played as a vampire, avoid vampirism and don't want to be a vampire (or an elf for that matter) EVER, since Bethesda's idea of both is even more hideous than the other vanilla mockeries

Correct:

face1.jpg.cb2351e190ab5626d30930ddee44346f.jpg

Incorrect:

face2.jpg.d5ab08e4db5de6bd76df2c02cfbf88ac.jpg

As with you, I can also fix it quite easily by loading the Racemenu preset again. It usually happens when the game is under a "high stress" environment (script lag is often present, and following save and check of save file using fallrim I usually also see elevated numbers of stacks and frames... Although I have no idea why that would lead to the game spewing out that second piece of crap, especially since I never created that mesh no anything approaching it, so it's not like it's falling back on some earlier iteration I had been using at some point. 

My only advise is "keep on loading the preset when needed"

There's a mod called A Change of Face that at least makes using racemenu to swap the preset a bit less annoying with no need for renaming after ditzing around in Racemenu, in case it might have value for you... 

Just starting racemenu with showracemenu command fixes the character but after saving and reloading the problem comes back also the other mods stop working. I can see them on MCM menu but they are stuck in infinte loading. 

I used resaver and it get this msg

There are 149 stacks and 233 frames. This may indicate a serious problem, but it can also just mean that Papyrus is overloaded because of low FPS or too many mods doing things at the same time.

Edited by Dragneel013

There are 149 stacks and 233 frames. This may indicate a serious problem, but it can also just mean that Papyrus is overloaded because of low FPS or too many mods doing things at the same time.

FWIW, you can clear most of the stacks/frames by idling for a time in a player home or other low demand location. I've had as many as thousands of stacks and frames and watched them slowly dissipate by doing periodic saves from my player home and checking in fallrim

149/233 isn't "terrible" (ime) but it *should be zero or very close to zero.

14 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

FWIW, you can clear most of the stacks/frames by idling for a time in a player home or other low demand location. I've had as many as thousands of stacks and frames and watched them slowly dissipate by doing periodic saves from my player home and checking in fallrim

149/233 isn't "terrible" (ime) but it *should be zero or very close to zero.

I have fixed the issue. I deleted Skyrim and reloaded it but it looks like if I save a preset on racemenu it cause this to happen. 

14 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Glad you got it fixed, but personally speaking, I don't have the patience to uninstall, cleanup, reinstall, and then reinstall ~600 mods. ;)

I only have ~350, but last time I did that it took me two weeks. Making of a custom merged patch for all of them BY HAND included. Ugh...

Edited by belegost
  • 1 month later...

I also get this issue and it's not just the face but also bodypaints. Once it starts happening just loading a preset or changing things back to what they should be doesn't stick, but renaming the character seems to have fixed it this time. Haven't tried changing it back yet because I want to make sure it really is fixed.

My guess was it was related to loading auto/quick saves and possibly script lag instead of proper saves, as I don't remember it happening with hard saves. Sometimes I forget to do hard saves and don't want to redo a whole bunch of stuff, don't judge me.

1 hour ago, shrtjsrtj said:

Sometimes I forget to do hard saves and don't want to redo a whole bunch of stuff, don't judge me.

Get SSE Engine Fixes. It has a toggle in its config file that turns quick saves into regular ones, so pressing F5 will always create a hard save. No need to go into menu and faff around anymore. I can't live without it.

Edited by belegost