Does anyone knows the procedures on creating walk animations ??

D_ManXX2

This is for blender. I have tried making a few for either oblivion or new vegas but both don't seem to be doing it correctly.

what bones are used for animating is it bip01 ?? because when i tried making 1 animations it either stay on 1 place without moving forward or the other time is it walks correctly then it jumps back to where you started. So that was confusing.

Couple of tricks for doing walks for Oblivion:

1. Yes, you use the bip01 to go in whatever direction you are walking.

2.  Make sure any walk forward animation is named "Forward" in the NiControllerSequence.

3.  Regardless of how many frames your animation is (35 to 60 is pretty normal for walk forward) use 25001/end.

Coupled with cycle_loop this will keep you walking forward indefinitely.

Pretty sure New Vegas and Fallout 3 are similar if not identical.  Just import in one of the modified sexy walks for oblivion (not a vanilla one) and you can see how other modders did it.

Cheers,

Greg

Guest ThatOne

It should be noted that importing a vanilla animation will cause it to align incorrectly - that is to say, the character will move on the wrong axis.

Corronera's tutorial explains this further.

It can be corrected, and corrected animations that are re-imported will align correctly.

Custom animations should not have this issue.

• 2 months later...

So i guess the speed also counts for walks ?? i tried making brand new one but the speed was too fast it looked more Michael Jackson moonwalk (sliding). Then resembling a real walk. :D

I gonna have to experiment with speed till i get the right one for walking.

Archived