Controls stuck after SexLab scene

Hi, I've been having some issues with a weird and overly specific bug, which is that after initiating sex with the same NPC twice in a row, my controls get stuck; I can move the camera, but I can't move or interact with anything, or even open the inventory. The only thing I can do is to open the pause menu and reload an earlier save, but I still want to know what causes this issue. Do note how I mentioned that it only happens after I personally initiate a scene; when the NPCs start the scenes, like for example being r*ped via Peril, this doesn't happen.
I've linked my plugin load order (I'm using MO2), hope that can help.

loadorder.txt

Never really looked into it but this happens randomly with SL as well. My assumption always was that it's SetVehicle or one of the methods that disable player controls (in one way or another) that had a race condition causing the irregular pattern; as in the way SL was calling them was within a race condition situation. It could also be something built into the animations themselves, as I've observed some idle animations disable controls while others do not. Its interesting that you've apparently found a way to reliably repeat it, this is a first for me.

The workaround that doesn't require you to lose progress is to spawn in an alchemy table where you're standing and use it.

As for actually figuring out what's causing it, I'd start by disabling all relevant SetVehicle calls as well as the relevant method calls that disable player controls in SL. If the issue persists I'd try to get a hold of the havok tools (rare and illegal files these days, I have a copy) and find any and all probing or decompiling utilities to break those animations into as small bits as possible. Figure out what they consist of and see if there's anything that resembles game instructions in there - I mean something is telling the game to disable controls on some idle animations; could be just a bit field (flags essentially) or something more elaborate like method names or even a script.

When I lose controls after, there are a few avenues I follow.

1. Console: player.tai, which, if set to an off condition during the scene (Defeat is notorious in this) or lead up, and isn't reset afterwards. A positive response to the command is "player AI ON" and means that it was turned off programmatically and failed to reset after. If that fails just issue it again to turn it back on.  (hitting the wrong proteus hotkey (the one that swaps controls between a targeted NPC and player) can also cause player controls to be turned off via a TAI toggle.
  2. Console: enableplayercontrols - usually does little or nothing but it's worth a shot
  3. Hotkey 0 - Defeat's default hotkey for cleanup of poorly exited or otherwise screwy defeat situations (defeater leaves, for instance, leaving you paralyzed). 
  4. Fast travel to use a crafting station. the escape from the crafting station performs a reset, in case it was "overlooked" during the event's exit routine that left you "controlless"
  5. Punt and use an earlier save before the player lockup occurred

As to why it happens, hain't a clue, (although I speculate from time to time)... I'll leave that aspect to more code-adept folk who enjoy digging into those things.

And this is why I leave it to my "betters" to explain:

speculation1 - you are attacked while in a defeat "pose" and it breaks the script chain and the event is exited out of sequence, skipping the player control reset

speculation2 - you are engaged in a battle and are stunned by certain hard hitting spells or weapons (giant's club for instance), directly breaking the player controls (not sure exactly how, but experientially that's happened to me many times)

speculation3 - An impish proto-AI demon resides in every Skyrim instance and loves to f with players.

the first two definitely happen to me, and the longer I play Skyrim, the more I'm convinced of the last one as well. ;)

Edited by anjenthedog

Y'all must've misread my post, because I said that this happens when I, as the player, start a scene, NOT when I get forced into one via Peril (yes, I use Peril, NOT Defeat, even though I mentioned it nobody here seems to care). Also something I mentioned is that the game won't let me interact with ANYTHING, meaning I can't change into vampire/werewolf or use furniture like the enchanting table. I also said that this only happens when having sex with the same NPC twice in a row, if it's two different NPCs or if enought time passes between the scenes, I don't get the locked up controls.

enter your Console Commande than type  tfc  it will bring back the camera to the player character . if after typing  tfc  your camera get stuck follow this link Camera stuck after sex scene AE - Technical Support - Skyrim: Special Edition - LoversLab

as for explanation : it is a bug with any bethesda (Oblivion , Skyrim , FO ) game when mods enter and exit the flycam specially with sexmods where it is most used and useful .