Hateful Wenches: Draugr Skirt Black Lace has no body

They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

Screenshot_20230826_130634.png

The head-and-hands-only lady is from Hateful Wenches

According to the mod page, the only outfit mod I should need is  Legendary Armors - DeserterX Collection SSE.

I installed that, and the CBBE physics update and built it all in bodyslide. But no dice.

It only seems to be this one item that's glitched. Everything else seems  to be displaying properly.

I also found a CBBE port of Litheria Draugr Skirts which is my best guess as to the original outfit. That's only on LE but I converted it with CAO. No dice. The mod credits TattooedIllusions for the skirt so that would seem to be on the right track. The Skirts don't seem to be part of the EserterX collection (and why would they?)

Any ideas?

1. Open console.
  2. Click on NPC. (make sure NPC is selected, and not some random dust effect)
  3. inv
  4. Note down inventory items related to clothing/wearables.
  5. Locate said items in xEdit, inspect their ARMO/ARMA records to find the associated nifs.
    1. If the nif does not exist, that's your problem.
    2. If it exists, inspect it in NifSkope.
      1. Make sure its biped slots match those in the associated ARMA/ARMO records.
      2. Make sure it has a texture.
      3. Make sure its NiSkinData is aligned with the mesh.
        1. It appears newer versions of NifSkope no longer show where it is, so one will have to trial-n-error it. This is very unfortunate.
2 hours ago, traison said:
  1. Open console.
  2. Click on NPC. (make sure NPC is selected, and not some random dust effect)
  3. inv
  4. Note down inventory items related to clothing/wearables.
  5. Locate said items in xEdit, inspect their ARMO/ARMA records to find the associated nifs.
    1. If the nif does not exist, that's your problem.
    2. If it exists, inspect it in NifSkope.
      1. Make sure its biped slots match those in the associated ARMA/ARMO records.
      2. Make sure it has a texture.
      3. Make sure its NiSkinData is aligned with the mesh.
        1. It appears newer versions of NifSkope no longer show where it is, so one will have to trial-n-error it. This is very unfortunate.

I had not noticed this regression in nifskope (I am not even sure I understand the issue, yet).

Do you remember the most recent version which rendered NiSkinData?

Currently running on NifSkope_2_0_2018-02-22-x64 which reports its version as "2.0 Dev 7". Previous version I have archived is NifSkope_2_0_2016-11-07. Its possible the one I have now is old, especially considering if its actually from 2018 like the archive suggests - I did update quite recently though (<1 year I'd say).

What I used to be able to do is click on some field of the NiSkinData node and it would show a sphere in the render view. If this sphere was far away from the mesh, it would cause an issue where if it went outside the screen in-game the mesh would vanish. TAWOBA for instance has a few pieces with this problem. Since the sphere was visible in the render window, you could trial-n-error the transform value to reposition it and fix the issue.

I have these NifSkope versions available here if you want to look into it.

Edit: Here's one thread where it was the solution.

Edited by traison