6 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

It looks like your own naming convention. You could vary prefixes/suffixes to achieve your personal goals, but keep naming convention "suggested" by AAF.

Obviously, I do use a prefix or suffix to identify such, and keep something akin of the source within it.

Oh btw of course should stay away from redefinition of "any node"... that was not what I meant, as a dba I take normalization vs denormalization hands down...  iow you could define all which are a esp chairs once and leave it... if right sized far less parsing, sort, search and confusion. AAF does not look at each file as redefining just by the function it must treat all outer nodes such as positionData  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd"   /positionData and all the sub nodes contained quite equally as if one. 

Edited by eflat01
On 8/9/2023 at 4:10 AM, eflat01 said:

as a dba I take normalization vs denormalization hands down

I do not doubt that you are good as DBA. I don't want to mock your qualification. Sorry, if I looks offensive.

AAF does not look at each file as redefining

Actually, it does by design. Please take a look to loadPriority attribute of <defaults> section. It is used to decide how to overwrite node definitions. And it is possible to "overwrite" entire file. Well, except maybe tags and locations, they are merged.

it must treat all

I would prefer to use the actual implementation, rather than assuming what AAF must or most not do %)

Some example:

in AAF.swf you can found a method aaf.model.Model.validateXMLType().  It is an example of a complexity I assumed when I said

On 8/8/2023 at 10:34 PM, Dlinny_Lag said:

each Process* method knows what to expect and so validation code will be easier.

This method just reads the first node to detect file type and assumes that all rest nodes has the same type. It is pretty fragile assumption.

I expected something like this code from AAF as it does not use file naming convention, and I found it. So predictable %)

Edited by Dlinny_Lag
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, warpfactorniner said:

the exe isnt working for me. it launches, auto detects aaf folder then when scan is selected it takes about 10 seconds before it crashes without error.

Hmm, just a suggestion is double-check your .NET Framework to be sure it's 4.7.2 or newer.

1 hour ago, warpfactorniner said:

it takes about 10 seconds before it crashes without error.

Could you pack your Data/AAF folder and share it with me?

Such behaviour may mean that application tries to allocate more memory than you have and potentially it might be caused by XML files content.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 7:46 PM, Dlinny_Lag said:

Could you pack your Data/AAF folder and share it with me?

Such behaviour may mean that application tries to allocate more memory than you have and potentially it might be caused by XML files content.

I have a similar crash but get this message..  and I have NET 4.8.  Thanks!

image.png.c7c617f9d82ad3b4d506f031ac8fcc31.png

EDIT: Uploaded AAF folder.

Edited by jpee1965
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 4:08 AM, TheHenshinGamer said:

I tried it and it worked perfectly. Here's the errors it got in case you're interested.

How did you do? In  fallout4/data folder there is no AAF folder. Is there a especific way to make it work in MO?

Edit: I have created the folder and past all XML listed in the MO virtual data/aaf folder and that allowed me to use the scan properly (i hope) but is terrible to not know what Im doing. I have a log but no smarts to read and understand it. Im having problems with Leito animations not starting.

Help?!

Xml scanner.txt

Edited by NW_BEEZ
20 hours ago, NW_BEEZ said:

Is there a especific way to make it work in MO?

This tools is not supposed to be managed by Mod Organizer. It is dedicated, standalone tool.

This tool expect that %Fallout 4%\Data\AAF\ folder contains files of AAF related mods. But in any way, you can specify folder manually.

I'm looking to your scanning log file and it seems strange for me. 

Lines like

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\data\AAF\_TD_animationData.xml
    Há vários elementos raiz. Linha 2, posição 2.

should not present in the log. This problem (multiple roots in XML) should be properly handled and it should not be treated as an error.

Perhaps, it is the sign of defect of this tool.

Could you share with me the content of the folder you scanned? Just zip it and send me a personal message, if you don't want to publish it.

Edited by Dlinny_Lag
39 minutes ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

This tools is not supposed to be managed by Mod Organizer. It is dedicated, standalone tool.

Even though you didn't design it that way, users can run the scanner via MO2 without letting MO2 manage the files.  Install the XML Scanner folder wherever you keep such tools.  Then create an MO2 executable like so:

Spoiler

xmlmo2-1.jpg.90eee126402bbf14db66b984b07d5ea8.jpg

And then point the scanner at your virtual folder location.  Easy peasy.

Spoiler

xmlmo2-2.jpg.ff46a52e838b5256064be15b96db5887.jpg

Edited by spicydoritos

Thanks Dlinny_Lag,

4 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

Could you share with me the content of the folder you scanned? Just zip it and send me a personal message, if you don't want to publish it.

Here are the xml files listed on the MO virtual fold, a big mess but here it is aaf_xml files.rar and here is the AAF  filetree MO_filetree.txt

Im using the 0.6.4 version of the scanner, is that the current version?

image.png.a181756f7fb5789f3212c65d99dbaf7c.png

3 hours ago, NW_BEEZ said:

Im using the 0.6.4 version of the scanner, is that the current version?

Yes.

Ah, I guess I understand what is the problem with unexpected errors in the report.

The logic of XML parsing errors handling is based on English error messages. But you have error messages in Portuguese.

I will try to avoid wrong handling of XML parsing errors.

Thanks for sharing your AAF folder, this gave me an idea what might be wrong.

Anyway, this is the expected errors/warings report:

MW_BEEZ-AAF-folder.txt

On 11/1/2023 at 11:49 PM, NW_BEEZ said:

Im having problems with Leito animations not starting.

I'm not sure will this tool help you to solve your initial problem with Leito animations playing. 

If you could explain more detailed what is the difference with your expectations about Leito animations then I would try to find a solution.

Edited by Dlinny_Lag

Thanks for help me Dlinny!

2 hours ago, Dlinny_Lag said:

I'm not sure will this tool help you to solve your initial problem with Leito animations playing. 

If you could explain more detailed what is the difference with your expectations about Leito animations then I would try to find a solution.

Both actors just stand still on foot, one body collapsed on to the other and dont do anything on any position until other animation pack OR
If another animation is running, the same animation will keep running until all animations on Leito pack ends and another animation pack starts.

8 hours ago, NW_BEEZ said:

Both actors just stand still on foot

It might be wrong skeleton installed. Please check again installation of your CBBE/Fusion Girl/other body replacer and their requirements. Also it might be required to build your body in BodySlide.

Also it (unlikely) might be a result of incompatibility between AAF and NativeSync (if you had a chance to download it). NativeSync requires exact version of AAF, no forward or backward compatibility supported.

8 hours ago, NW_BEEZ said:

If another animation is running, the same animation will keep running

Sorry, I have no idea what may cause such effect. Maybe some AAF files were overwritten by 3rd party mod or corrupted in other way.

You can ask for help on AAF support page.

Edited by Dlinny_Lag