Dawnguard in a modded game?

Elizinator

im running a pretty heavily modded skyrim, and after the resolution of certain problems in other recent threads of mine, a very stable game. simply put, i do not crash, and i dont want to start

a problem im having recently is that i dont have ANY of the DLC addons. not even Dawnguard, and that restricts my mod selection. (cant use Deadly Dragons for example)

id like to get Dawnguard, but i wonder and fear: what happens if i install DG with an already modded Skyrim? how likely is it for everything to go pearshaped? and what precautions ought i take?

Before I added DB I backed up everything that I manually installed and copied my load order to a txt file for reference. I went back and referenced all of the OPs of the mods I had to check compatibility and issues. I added it and didn't have much of a problem, but DG has a few more changes. I'd say go for it, the quest line wasn't too bad and there are some pretty good mods that require it.

Before I added DB I backed up everything that I manually installed and copied my load order to a txt file for reference. I went back and referenced all of the OPs of the mods I had to check compatibility and issues. I added it and didn't have much of a problem, but DG has a few more changes. I'd say go for it, the quest line wasn't too bad and there are some pretty good mods that require it.

yeah, thats mostly what i want it for. Deadly Dragons and Colourful Magic and such, not so much for vampire quests. im just concerned about steam acting like, well, STEAM, and wrecking shit by overwriting without prompt and whatnot.

The steam installation should really only add the esm and bsa. It shouldn't touch anything that has been added, but it IS steam after all... I was more concerned with mod compatibility when I added DLC.

Yeah , HF can be wonky, and it doesn't really add anything that can't already be done with mods.

well i backed up folders, saved my load order, made a save save, installed the thing, and it loaded successfully. so theres that. i am worried about compatibility, but much such is the life of anyone running a modded game.

on a side note, i want a good blood mod, but the stability project warns against most of them. any advice for a stable one?

playing well so far, got Better Vampires and am running around wreaking havok . . . except in daylight. only one freeze so far, the very first vampire den i went into. papyrus said it was a series of script errors involving "DLCHarkon" or something. but that was 7 hours ago or so, so im not worried.

Blood mod: I've been using Enhanced Blood Textures (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/60) with the 1024 textures for quite a while now. I've been using v3.5a, but in getting that link I noticed it has been updated. It's been the most stable one that I've used, but I haven't really looked around for another one lately. The warning against them is due to their script intensive nature. If you decide to try it I would recommend the lower res textures; the stock textures bogged down and crashed my game.

I would also recommend the unofficial patches if you don't already have them. They should fix the bulk of the normal skyrim issues.

I have the problem, my game is full of mods, everything works well.
then I Dawnguard installed and I have been amazed!
not my game crashes, but I can not leave any building, when I walk through a door and the loading screen comes, then I'm still in the room. the same happens if I want through a city gate, load after I am still in the city.

worst of it is when I save outside of a city, then activate Dawnguard, start the game, then is my caracter, not the memory space, but back in the city? so I had to deactivate Dawnguard!
I hope you can understand everything.

german \ deutsch !

ich habe das problem , mein spiel ist voller mods , funktioniert alles gut .
dann habe ich Dawnguard installiert und ich habe nicht schlecht gestaunt !
mein spiel stürtzt nicht ab , aber ich kann kein gebäude verlassen , wenn ich durch eine tür gehe und der ladebildschirm kommt , bin ich danach immer noch im raum . das selbe geschieht wenn ich durch ein stadt tor will , nach dem laden bin ich noch immer in der stadt .

am schlimmsten ist es wenn ich außerhalb einer stadt speichere , dann Dawnguard aktiviere , das spiel starte , dann befindet sich mein karakter , nicht am speicherplatz , sondern wieder in der stadt ? deshalb mußte ich Dawnguard deaktivieren !
ich hoffe ihr könnt alles verstehen .

Archived