I am developing a RPG using Unity

image.png.d177866ccaaba06ed74bba70e710f534.png

image.png.d8229be15a7c032419bbf278239cc65e.png

image.png.8c689f728681689cc7ca364457e98abf.png

image.png.ccf7e35ce7f36d0a528e32a1e8921827.png

image.png.1cc1b9e2bd2327d6347bb8a439af6357.png

image.png.30b2bcd722c0b62345445c143a73e0fb.png

image.png.e65fa296e3f7ca5133050074dcac18f5.png

Hi, all. I've been a huge fan of CRPG for a long time in my whole life. I also played a lot of JRPG and 8090s eroges when I was younger. 

I've planned this game when I started TK17 and studied CGI. 

This is a story of a knight destined to be perished at age 20 because of a curse. He has to venture into a tower to find a method to break the curse. There is an adventure, rival groups from different continents who also move forward to conquer the top of the tower, and a few plot twists.  I almost finished the erotic event scene and story. And now, making RPG parts by studying Unity.  I am thinking of getting Patreon when the demo is completed. It would take a year I assume. 

Edited by Mastermind1945

Looks interesting, though I'm not too clear on how much of the "Unity" engine you're actually using?

All of the graphics look like they're straight out of TK17 (VX with Hook 5). The animation you provided looks like flat cutouts from TK17.

Since it's an RPG with (I assume) no real-time user control of the animation, I'm wondering if it might not be easier just to do everything using only the TK17 Sequencer? ?

On 7/14/2023 at 7:26 AM, OysterMug said:

Looks interesting, though I'm not too clear on how much of the "Unity" engine you're actually using?

All of the graphics look like they're straight out of TK17 (VX with Hook 5). The animation you provided looks like flat cutouts from TK17.

Since it's an RPG with (I assume) no real-time user control of the animation, I'm wondering if it might not be easier just to do everything using only the TK17 Sequencer? ?

The event scene(screencaptures) and game sprites will be produced by using TK17. I have a bunch of animations I worked in 7.5

Yes, I just use TK17 (7.5 hook4 + reshade)to produce graphic source like a tool. It basically helps me to reduce a whole amount of the time used for art works.  

What I am making using Unity is 

1. Text adventure part like Japanese girl game.

2. Dungeon exploring part

3. Turn based battle system

For all of this I am studying Unity and C# pretty hard. 

Honestly, I think those can be achievable by using RPG maker easily,

but I also wanted to get some experience using Unity for my future career. 

Once, I worked for technical part in animation industry, so know how to play with python but not C#. 

I am thinking of buying some good presets from Unity assets store then altering them to my personal preference. 

Edited by Mastermind1945
2 hours ago, OysterMug said:

So you enjoy pain. ?

I've considered migrating to VX, but changing all textures for PBR settings for Hook5 is more painful for me. And for my project Reshade is necessary :))

Honestly, I think TK7.5 and the later versions are totally different games. To get ideal visualization using VX Hook5, I need to spend an enormous amount of time again as I did in 7.5.

Edited by Mastermind1945

I'd be surprised if you actually had to change anything. Have you compared your textures under H5 vs H4?

Sadly, while H4 works with VX, they are both such memory hogs it's hard to run VX with H4 and lots of Addons w/o repeatedly crashing.

VX itself is fully backwards compatible with 7.5 with no loss of graphics quality. The only issue then is whether H4 is absolutely necessary.

Be sure to use ReShade 5.8 or above. The new engine is SO much better than older (pre-5) versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am studying C++ nowadays..

why not C# but C++? Well.. from my skillset using the Ureal engine is more appropriate to get a job than Unity. 

So I need to learn Unreal more than Unity although I am making my game using Unity.

Anyways now I know how to use GitHub and a little of C++(still far to go) 

I tried applying magic effects in the game. 

I get the hang of producing character sprites more easily. 

On 8/22/2023 at 2:08 PM, Mastermind1945 said:

I am studying C++ nowadays..

why not C# but C++? Well.. from my skillset using the Ureal engine is more appropriate to get a job than Unity. 

So I need to learn Unreal more than Unity although I am making my game using Unity.

Anyways now I know how to use GitHub and a little of C++(still far to go) 

I tried applying magic effects in the game. 

I get the hang of producing character sprites more easily. 

Is that the Unity editor?

14 hours ago, Mastermind1945 said:

Yes :))

I already tested the unity stuff cause many games are made with it these days and it seems to be a good choice for developing games or simulators but I sadly have no time to study C++.But using the unity editor worked good to mod scenes.

Edited by Daspex

12 * 4 

I animated a 48-second animation for 2 days.

Recently my animation skills progressed a little bit.

I made so many key poses in TK17 to make comics, so I finished my old creations for practice.

I usually do 4-second to 20-second animations. It's my first time to use all timelines.  

Edited by Mastermind1945
  • 3 weeks later...

Mastermind1945... I prefer play game. Mostly I prefer pose edition make poses and animations. But your this works are very interesting. As I don't prefer play like that mod. Again But I loved take a look your posts and works. Btw... lights camera or main.fx shader what ever it is your did settings are very good. Thanks for share them. I just wanted say these. ^^