Been using sexlab my whole life since I start modding Skyrim. I'm about to start a new playthrough and want to change my mod around a bit. How is OStim compare to Sexlab? What is the pro and cons of each mod? Can I use both together?

Non related question but should I switch from SL 1.63 to SL p+?  What so special about P+? How is the mods compability?

32 minutes ago, assassin394 said:

Non related question but should I switch from SL 1.63 to SL p+?  What so special about P+?

SLp+ trades the slow startup for placement issues. Startup times with it go down to <1.5 seconds, which is faster than any other framework, except flowergirls

Placement issues are about actors sliding apart from each other (An issue most consider a worthwhile trade)

Im currently working on a new patch based on this one tho, so this wont stay like this for much longer

38 minutes ago, assassin394 said:

How is the mods compability?

Theres a gist available here:

https://gist.github.com/MissCorruption/887725102fb18d96d43e26555e008bbb

Most issues ppl have are about them not reading this properly and having issues with the installation (you will need the Init patch at the very least). The WJ lists Im working with dont report any issues beyond the sliding

47 minutes ago, assassin394 said:

Been using sexlab my whole life since I start modding Skyrim. I'm about to start a new playthrough and want to change my mod around a bit. How is OStim compare to Sexlab? What is the pro and cons of each mod? Can I use both together?

Non related question but should I switch from SL 1.63 to SL p+?  What so special about P+? How is the mods compability?

You can use both Sexlab and OStim together without any issues, that's what I'm doing. If you want BOTH to affect your arousal after sex though you may want to use OSLAroused which is specifically made to use them together. In my experience OSLAroused ALMOST flawlessly replaces other arousal frameworks, the only mod I've noticed that doesn't work properly is Relationship Dialogue System.

If you just want to use just one the major differences that I can think of are:

Sexlab - Creatures, more animations, more fetishes, more addon mods

Ostim - More cinematic, geared more towards romance and intimacy if that's your thing, more frequent updates

I'm also now remembering there are multiple different versions of OStim (OStim, Ostim NG, Kinda OSex) I'm specifiaclly referring to OStim NG here cause thats what I'm using.

Ostim is just for the looks. Animations are great. Everything is perfectly aligned. Flawless tarnsitions.

Sexlab is mostly just one mod instead of a few dozens. The time it takes to start the animation might be a little longer but once it is playing it goes much faster than Ostim. Overall I would say even thought Ostim looks better, it is very poorly integrated into the game and scenes take so long to the point that it gets boring. I feel like sexlab has some flaws but Ostim simply didn't feel like it was designed for Skyrim. Because of that I decided to let go of Ostim. You might enjoy it for a while but after some time you will probably get bored of it.

Edited by DarkBlade13
7 hours ago, DarkBlade13 said:

Ostim is just for the looks. Animations are great. Everything is perfectly aligned. Flawless tarnsitions.

Sexlab is mostly just one mod instead of a few dozens. The time it takes to start the animation might be a little longer but once it is playing it goes much faster than Ostim. Overall I would say even thought Ostim looks better, it is very poorly integrated into the game and scenes take so long to the point that it gets boring. I feel like sexlab has some flaws but Ostim simply didn't feel like it was designed for Skyrim. Because of that I decided to let go of Ostim. You might enjoy it for a while but after some time you will probably get bored of it.

- Can you manually change/stop animation in Ostim like with SL SL tools mod?

- Is it true that Ostim animation is perfectly aligned? That is the one thing that stop Skyrim from becoming a perfect Adult games despair massive amount of animations collection. In my exprienced 6/10 time there is always some misalignment that required me to manual move the actors or bend the schlong in order to fix.

- I already have like 27k animations right now. Have Nemesis and FNIS XXL. Will throw in Ostim NG overload the engine?

Edited by assassin394
1 hour ago, assassin394 said:

- Can you manually change/stop animation in Ostim like with SL SL tools mod?

- Is it true that Ostim animation is perfectly aligned? That is the one thing that stop Skyrim from becoming a perfect Adult games despair massive amount of animations collection. In my exprienced 6/10 time there is always some misalignment that required me to manual move the actors or bend the schlong in order to fix.

- I already have like 27k animations right now. Have Nemesis and FNIS XXL. Will throw in Ostim NG overload the engine?

-Yes you can manually change animations and stop the scene at any time though it uses its own menu that you use the numpad keys to navigate and you'll have to get used to using it. (it's not hard or anything just different)

-In my experience OStim scenes are alot better aligned than SL but I do occasionally have to do some manual tweaking just not as much and not as severe. Probably heavily depends on your setup. Also as DarkBlade13 mentioned there are lots of animation transitions but I'd just like to add that there are plenty of anims that DON'T have transitions and just snap into place

-It can definitely overload your anim limit, I have FNIS XXL, I increased my nemesis to 60K and I increased OAR to around the same and I hit the limit and had to remove some anims. I was probably already close to the limit though as I have hit it in the past and I use shit tons of other animation mods so you will probably be fine. Probably. 

Edited by MasterWolf2169

I recently decided to play around using Ostim NG (other versions don't work on AE). Conclusion: there are very few working mods for this framework, many mods are broken or outdated since the old versions of "O" (Ostim, OSex). I'm disappointed, I'm thinking of going back to SL, although I haven't fully decided yet.

Here are the mods I use:

Spoiler

OSA for OStim" - Part of Framework
OStim NG - OSA Overhaul and API Next Gen" - Framework
Open Animations RE for OStim NG (former OpenSex)" - Part of Framework
OpenSex Addon Hub" - Like SLAL for SL
OpenSex Compatibility Patch - Addon Hub version" - Patch for old animation
Lesbian Animation pack for OStim NG" - Animation
Moon Lovemaking Compendium for OStim NG" - Animation
Fencing In The Dark for OStim NG" - Animation
Night-blooming Violets for OStim NG" - Animation

Delta of Venus - Sex Fantasies for OStim NG" - Animation

OSL Aroused - Like Sexlab Aroused (Very good mod, works for both OStim and SL)

OCum Inflated - Cum and Inflation
OVirginity Reflowered" - And so it is clear
OVirginity Reflowered JSON Configuration File"
Immersive Wenches for OStim REDUX" - Sex with wenches in Inn's
ORomance - The system of relationships and romance. Don't like this. 
OTrainers - Teachers get paid with sex
mooches of Skyrim" - Hugs and kisses
OStim NPCs - NPC Sex Lives Improved" - Nightlife for NPC's

Edited by Mr. Sunshine

Oh yes, there is that too. If it doesn't go over your plugin limit, you will have to deal with the fact that the mod autor(s) from the framework had a fallout with the mod autor(s) from the diplay that made it actually usefull. The modder who made the framework feels like the money should go to them instead of the modder who made the display. Because of that the framework modder decided to make everything incompatible. Basically the person who made the framework is not a nice person. Have fun dealing with that too. This was probably the reason why I quit in the first place.

Edited by DarkBlade13

I use both together. TLDR: OSTIM NG is more vanilla in scope but offers a pretty polished experience while SexLab is more kinky and experimental. You can think of them as akin to Mac and Windows, respectively. Here's a more in-depth answer:

The pros of the OSTIM NG are its way better expressions, smooth facial transitions through them, and an improved first person perspective, i.e. the actors are actually looking at one another and it is generally kept in mind for animation development. Animation transitions could also be a plus as it feels more natural rather than simply jumping from stage to stage. Additionally, it also has super active development and a pretty lively community environment on Discord. Cons are mainly that it is not very kinky as aforementioned, and you shouldn't expect any crazy fetishes like bestiality to be served. I think the most unusual stuff about it is the vore addon and homosexual/feet animations. It is also somewhat limited on animation packs, and those that exist are of varying quality. There is a push to convert some of SL's stuff over (no transitions though unfortunately). Ultimately, it's somewhat of a closed but smooth ecosystem hence the Mac comparison. It's good if you want romance or a lovers' atmosphere.

SexLab, as you probably already know, has some pretty crazy shit. Pros: you can install a variety of mods to meet the needs of a plethora of fetishes. The sheer amount of content SL offers is massive; it's been around for a while and there are a ton of animations and addons. The community comes together to build upon each others' work, and solutions to problems can sometimes be found by enthusiastic users. Cons: it can be a rather rough experience with users basically left to find their own way. It's easy to wander into an abandoned mod only to eventually find an updated version elsewhere entirely which then has a user-updated version in the depths of a hundred paged comment section. (Side-note: OSTIM does benefit from being on the Nexus with its more structured environment). Basically, there is a lot of power invested in the user to regulate and troubleshoot their own experience. It's good if you're super kinky, fine with experimenting with a bunch of random mods, or want a ton of animations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 1:12 PM, MasterWolf2169 said:

-Yes you can manually change animations and stop the scene at any time though it uses its own menu that you use the numpad keys to navigate and you'll have to get used to using it. (it's not hard or anything just different)

-In my experience OStim scenes are alot better aligned than SL but I do occasionally have to do some manual tweaking just not as much and not as severe. Probably heavily depends on your setup. Also as DarkBlade13 mentioned there are lots of animation transitions but I'd just like to add that there are plenty of anims that DON'T have transitions and just snap into place

-It can definitely overload your anim limit, I have FNIS XXL, I increased my nemesis to 60K and I increased OAR to around the same and I hit the limit and had to remove some anims. I was probably already close to the limit though as I have hit it in the past and I use shit tons of other animation mods so you will probably be fine. Probably. 

Can I still use OStim if my keyboard don't have numpad?