Devious Interests 0.923 Voicepack

Devious Interests 0.923 Voicepack

View File

This is a voicepack for the great Devious Interests mod, created using the latest xVASynth 3.0.

Installation:

Download 2 files into the same directory, their names should be:

Devious_Interests_voicepak_v0921_v2_s.7z.001

Devious_Interests_voicepak_v0921_v2_s.7z.002

Right-click the one that ends with .001 & select "Extract Files".

A new folder will be extracted, right-Click this new folder and select "Add to archive". That new .7z file is the the one you should install in your mod manager.

For the manual installation connoisseurs', just copy the un-archived directory into your data folder.

Requires:

7-Zip for the archives

Devious Interests

Loose files version (no bsa, no esp) so it should be compatible with LE, I think?

If you're on SE/AE, I recommend using Cathedral Assets Optimizer and packing this into a BSA.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/30/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Interests
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

1 hour ago, bartjo100 said:

When I try to download the part one, WinRAR says the file is damaged beyond repair. Seems like something went wrong?

you need all of the parts downloaded in the same folder. That type of archive - is simply a single archive split into parts easier to upload etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I've found an issue with one of the voice lines, that most likely results from batch generating them: Under the din_RestraintsDialogue, the din_Restraints_Start topic has a line for the occasion when a gagged player wants to talk to a gagged NPC who is not a member of the zadDialogueDisable faction.

The NPCs response here is a very telling "Mhmmpf!" which gets read out as "Em-haych-em-em-pee-ef" which drew a bit of a chuckle out of me. :D Since this topic is already setup to make gagged sounds by the player and the NPC too, you may want to exclude generating lines for this specific line for future releases.

20 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

The NPCs response here is a very telling "Mhmmpf!" which gets read out as "Em-haych-em-em-pee-ef" which drew a bit of a chuckle out of me. :D Since this topic is already setup to make gagged sounds by the player and the NPC too, you may want to exclude generating lines for this specific line for future releases.

Hahaha ? I must've missed that!  I'll check that out, usually what I did with those was I replaced them with gagged sounds from ZAZ or DD itself, but if there's a sound to be played as they are speaking, i can just exclude those - thanks ?

I'm not a fan of how a few voice types pronounce "Anyhow...", I'll try tweak that for the next version as well.

On 7/28/2023 at 3:57 PM, Taki17 said:

"Mhmmpf!"

I've tried to procure the most... Mhmmpf-sounding file from Zaz's gag speak ? and replaced both male and female versions of all voice types with the ones that I've found.

For some reason, I couldn't trigger this actual dialogue bit from the closest NPC that I could find who was nice enough to equip a gag for me - some other mod that I have must've stopped me from initiating the dialogue with the gagged NPC all together.

But the file I replaced is the "Em Em Eich Pe eF" one, if you have a savegame where you could check this one quickly (it shouldn't clash with the coded gagged sounds, iirc those usually play after skyrim finishes voicing the line itself), I'll be very grateful and go publish this one alongside the main download ?

Dev_Int_VP_Mhmmpf_fix.7z

5 hours ago, krzp said:

I've tried to procure the most... Mhmmpf-sounding file from Zaz's gag speak ? and replaced both male and female versions of all voice types with the ones that I've found.

But the file I replaced is the "Em Em Eich Pe eF" one, if you have a savegame where you could check this one quickly (it shouldn't clash with the coded gagged sounds, iirc those usually play after skyrim finishes voicing the line itself), I'll be very grateful and go publish this one alongside the main download

I haven't such a save, since I need to whip my install in shape again and start anew after working on a contribution to DD left it in a rather sorry state.

Anyhow, hearing three sounds, one at the beginning, at the end, and one during this dialogue line may be too much methinks. My recommendation would be to either omit generated/spliced/otherwise created voice lines and leave the script moans intact or publish a patch that unhooks the respective scripts that are responsible for the moans during the topic.

5 hours ago, Taki17 said:

or publish a patch that unhooks the respective scripts that are responsible for the moans during the topic.

That would be me somehow pushing my creative vision for this scenario over yours, and that's not how I intend for the voice packs to work ?

And I'll gladly listen to your feedback, because who else better envisions how this should work and sound.

I'll omit this part in the next version, this here was just intended to be a temporary measure for the current iteration.

Speaking of, any ETA's for when the new DIN comes out? Mind you, "When it's done" is a perfectly viable answer ? I think I'll be regenerating the VP from scratch when it comes out, the xVaSynth updated almost half of voices to the newest voice modulator right after I've finished, so the next version should sound even better and more life-like ?

Edited by krzp
On 7/30/2023 at 8:18 PM, krzp said:

Speaking of, any ETA's for when the new DIN comes out?

None yet. I have some changes ready, all of them being untested, and several more waiting to be implemented. I also have not yet figured out the full scope of what exactly I'd like to tackle in the next round.

However if it's any useful information to you, no dialogue line was changed for the next version, so you may as well go ahead with redoing the generated voice lines.

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Gyra said:

@krzp How's it going with the next version? Or, if we should use the currently released one for the time being, is it enough to delete all instances of the "Mhmmpf" voice file?

I'll be honest - haven't even started ?  Been doing some DD-related animation stuff lately, and that took up most of my free time, so I haven't looked at voice things lately (aside from downloading the updates for the voice modules that xVaSynth team keeps putting out). But it's on the agenda, along with a couple more mods I've planned!

In the meantime, yea, you can either delete the offending file called din_Main_din_Restraints_St_000012CA_1.fuz from every voice folder, or overwrite them with the small fix i've posted earlier in the thread, which is supposed to play some generic sounds from an old zaz pack.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, in'n'out said:

You know xVASynth is a little bit robotic sound.

elevenlabs would probably give you better results.

I know, it does sound better - but unlike xVA, Elvenlabs is pay-per-use, especially if you want to use custom voices.

I've been using it to generate lines for my own character for the Dragonborn Voiceover, though ?

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Tseverin said:

The update says v922, but the download files say September 8 v921.

I've put a "reason for edit" there ?

Spoiler

Edited October 15 by krzp
no new files, just a small edit to reflect the version change

No need to redownload, no new dialogues in 0922 vs 0921 - haven't looked at the new version yet, though.

4 hours ago, krzp said:

I've put a "reason for edit" there ?

Hide contents

Edited October 15 by krzp
no new files, just a small edit to reflect the version change

No need to redownload, no new dialogues in 0922 vs 0921 - haven't looked at the new version yet, though.

oh ok got it