Diverse bodies

thepsycho2112

Been a while since I last posted, wanted to see if you guys could help with something. I've been using Type 3 BOG for a while now, wanted to try BNB and Body by Race, since I had used those in the past. The problem with them is, I also have Fallout New Vegas Redesigned, which retextures pretty much all faces in game. If I activate BNB and BBR then the faces go back to vanilla. Is there any way around this or another mod that will do a similar job without changing faces? I want body by race because of the way it makes each body sort of individual, I don't like it when all the girls in the game have similar looking bodies.

Guest carywinton

In my opinion that is one of the hardest conflict types to fix, face and body issues, Lings and hair pack for Fallout 3 are prime examples of a near never ending battle to get them to behave. For me it usually requires pointing any dependent mods to the one mod that you want for over all beautification, this is done by using, in your case FNVEdit, which a really good tool to use for finding out what mod is trumping another, sometimes you can fiddle around with load order and fix it, but most times you have to let one beautification mod rule them all. I have had situations where a seemingly simple companion mod an  *.esp file can knock out an entire *.esm beautification mod. Try and read up on how to use FNVEdit to " Apply a Filter" to your mods and run that, let it chunk away a while, it can take several minutes to complete based on your computer speed and such, and it should help reveal the issues for you. Here is a link with a pretty good manual on how to do it and work with FNVEdit.

Let me know if I can help further.

Update Edit (oops) Forgot the link to  the FNV Manual, here it is:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38413/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D38413&pUp=1

@ thepsycho2112 Thanks for the post. I was thinking of and perhaps even needed the very same info.

@Carywinton I also have the "never ending" problems with beautification mods. I generally just ran default. I was recently getting full of myself  ;)  and contemplating doing the very thing you mentioned here. Combining the various beauty mods together for my own look as needed. However... I don't see a link to the manual in the post you gave above.I use to just run default and live with the results. Occasionally getting a good result but nowhere near where I could if I was able to fix the constant battle of the resources/mods.Could you give a basic direction of say two or three basic mods that can be use with the tutorials The OP and myself can try that and see the results that we are suppose to get then start making our own decisions and combinations. A sincere thanks for any help or directions you are able to give.

Body by race isn't something I'd recommend - it kind of makes people use armor by race, which doesn't work well with some sexout stuff in the body swapping department (preg, erect bodies etc).

The important thing here is not necessarily seeing beauty conflicts as conflicts between mods you need to keep as they are, and hoping that a quick patch or some fiddling with load order will sort it out for you, really. You're better off trying to figure out what each mod does, cutting them up, getting rid of what you don't want & keeping what you do want in a beauty comp of your own. Pick a good standard replacer for vanilla races, add a bunch of custom races for your PC & specific NPCs you want to see with different bodies (that's all determined under the race's "body data" and "face data" tabs in the geck) - the sky's the limit.

Guest carywinton

Always sound advice coming from DoctaSax, he knows his stuff when it comes to this far more than I do. Ah someday I can aspire to such greatness, knowledge and ability.

ritualclarity, I have seen several of your posts and you have some good knowledge and the ability to communicate well, I have not really gotten into beautification mods for Fallout NV, basically because I just don't care for it's story, I like being a goodie two shoes with slight pervy tendencies, and Fallout NV just does not offer me the path I like to play, with that stated, I do see I will have to try and work with FNV soon , since support for Fallout 3 is dwindling, and there really are no good pervy fun mods for Fallout 3, nothing near the SexoutNG stuff, most folks have simply moved on to FNV or Skyrim, cannot blame them really, especially with Skyrim, simply beautiful scenery and vistas to behold there. When I last played Fallout NV I used the Mohave Beauty Mod, it was fairly straight forward and easy to setup and use. Generally it did a pretty good overall job of sprucing things up. Other more experienced folks may have better recommendations. Most of the beautification mods are all based on Dimon's Body for Females and Breezes Body for males. With that we move forward in time to BBB, yeah who would not love seeing wonderful female parts bouncing along? This is where things start to get rather complex, because you are no longer dealing with just meshes and textures, but animations that are attached to these meshes.

DoctaSax also made an important point here, not just for the body mod he mentioned but an all around good thing to keep in mind, the clothes. When choosing a body and beautification mod, pay close attention to what clothes are made to work with that mod. Are there allot or not so many? Do you like any of them? That kind of thing. It really boils down to personal taste and what you want, take some time and browse around the "Lab" here, I sure some genius scientist has cooked up something that will suit your fancy quite well.

If your still stuck on just what might work or look the way you want, I will try to do some FNV research and see what's available that is as easy as possible to put together, like I said, I feel reasonably comfortable that some of the good folks here have already done something fantastic that just may be exactly what you are looking for.

Here is a link to Mohave Delight for a nice example and place to start.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44312/?

Now, now, you're gonna make me blush - and who'd have thought that could still happen after all the time I've spent on this site?

Getting your private beauty comp *just so* can be quite a bit of work, especially if you got a touch of ocd, but it's otherwise pretty simple in terms of technique. A good place to pick up basic modding tricks in the geck and fnvedit, too. And all the choices are your own - I love a good hair pack, but christ, some of the ones that are in there... not in my game. Same goes for body tex, makeup etc.

@thepsycho2112.

Unfortunatlly the different bodies don't work well with Sexout. It is difficult to get working at all and no guarantee that it would continue to work right. Instead work on creating a body/armor system that appears great and have a variety of clothes to give the different looks using the mods available.

@Doctasax, carywinton:

I agree. I wasn't interested myself in creating or reworking various different mods into one massive customized beauty mod. I really just desired to "roll them up" I guess is the term into one or two mods to lower my plugins. If I get a setup I like with the hair, face body, armors etc. I would like to continue to use them easily and keep the plugins low. I have gotten a series of plugins together once before that was specactular. I really liked them. Then after reloading and reworking the game I guess I installed them in different orders or forgot one or two mods or settings. It wasn't the same. This way I would have a easy drag and drop customized mod to use each and every time.

Doctasax knows that I have been playing with BSA and discovered some strange facts about them... :cool:  and now I am ready to start to play with some esp/esm records and combinations and perhaps even patches. This would be an easy work and not damage the main core of the game. If it screws up just remove them and continue on. I have already went in using FNVedit and change some eyes for a mod that had a unknown dependency that even the mod creator was unaware of just so that I could get rid of those dam purple eyes. :dodgy:

I know enough that customizing different competing mods together would require a complete rework of a mod perhaps even building from scratch using their textures and meshes to accomplish that. No just combining a combination that I like together. That alone should help stabilize and make the mod a little more reliable.

Guest carywinton

thepsycho2112

Lots of good help and suggestions coming out of this thread, good stuff. I learned another way to get body variations, without having to create entirely new races for each body. It's the really old school way of doing it and it's body suits. Basically you turn the body you want into a piece of clothing that can merely be worn. Believe it or not it looks pretty good and is hard to tell it's a suit an not an actual body. With Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas you basically have neck seems anyway so there you go. It's what I did with a face from a Race I liked and a Body I liked, until I get some feedback on another thread topic I started dealing with face gens and bodies. As to what ritualclarity said, with animations your going to have to settle for one body pretty much, and I will say that it has something to do with how things need to line up, any deviation in that would present a problem.

yea I see where you are going with this carywinton. However isn't the body included in many armors. That is if you are running a T6 body and put on a T3-Berry armor many times that body changes out to the T3-Berry shape until you take that armor off. There are exceptions to the rules, for example jewelery, or single pieces of armor like some underwear or stockings where the author removed the body and just left the armor in these case jewelery and stockings.

Halstroms pregnancy is another example (how close I am not sure). Halstrom has the body switch out from the default body (the common one used by all females in the game) to a pregnant version. 

I believe carywinton is correct in stating that these techniques have their own advantages and disadvantages. Basically if you start down this road you need to immerse yourself in the GECK, FNVedit and other tools to get what you want ,, just the say you want it. .. Then you will traveling down the OCD road that DoctaSax mentioned earlier.

Always keep backups of everything. The original files, sources (web pages, instructions etc) and any changes you have (including a quick running text with the various files you make. If you start to create any texture files keep those as well in case you need to go back to fix or create other files from them. Back up, Back up, Backup. That is the rule here, and I am not  even talking bout the game here.

Finally have fun for Christ sake.. it is a game afterall... :D

I wasn't stating that you did use Sexout. :P I was just stating some of the examples that carywinton mentioned. that was all. Changing bodies using suits instead of actually changing bodies. Enough of that. Some possible solutions. Might be troublesome and might not even work

Don't yell at me if the following doesn't work... ;) Make a good backup of the Data folder before messing with the following... (in order)

1) have you tried different load orders? If not see if that helps. One mod might be over ridding the other.

2) have you tried different installation orders? That is load the mods in different orders so that the mod with the face files you want are loaded last?

3) Since you appear to be an advance user, you can then give this a shot. Open the mod of choice (the one with the desired face files) Make a note where they are file wise. Data>Textures>character etc. etc. Copy and save them in a folder elsewhere in the save folder position.. Load the mods as usual. Test. If the faces have returned to normal manually drop those files copied into the folder. click yes to overwrite. When entering the game again in theory they should now be the faces from the mod of choice.

If the above don't work delete the Data folder and return the backup to it.

That's all I got to try to help.

Guest carywinton

Um... I don't utilize sexout. Just seems like a huge hassle to install it, so I do fine without.

It's cool you do not have to use sexout, I looked at it myself a while back in it's earlier development and might have made a similar observation, it had a great deal of dependencies from other mods that looked like a rather monumental undertaking to install correctly. I even tried to back then and was not very successful. But today is a far different thing, it has come a long way and takes far less to get it going than it did, so I plan to revisit this very soon for my brand new spanking clean FNV install. If I can help you further with anything else , just let me know, this community does genuinely try to help folks when they can and often things can not get communicated quite the way we had hoped or intended. I wrote a paper in College on Internet Etiquette and many people were surprised at how really difficult it can be to communicate effectively and without causing a fuss or flame war, lol

Archived