patch killing utilization of more then 2 gig ram

Xzios

Copied from GameFAQs:

If you used the 4gb patch and now the game crashes for you every 5+ minutes then try to restore the old exe.

This only applies to those using windows 7. Go to the skryim directory and right click TESV.exe. Go to the previous versions tab and if your pc backed it up then just simply restore it. Make a back up of the new exe and then re-apply the 4gb patch and continue on your journey in Skyrim.

An alternative way to do this is if you used the LAA patch from the nexus. There should be a file named TESV.exe.backup. If so then cut out the existing TESV.exe and then rename the TESV.exe.backup file to just TESV.exe. Back that file up for later storage and re-apply the LAA/4gb patch and continue on your journey.

Azoutback

sad thing is this mearly crashes and doesnt start steam to activate the game.

keep in mind my game works fine and has the vanilla skyrim.exe

or perhaps im misunderstanding this. is it patching the exe. or is it a standalone launcer if the later is the case then its not working :P

Got it the Mod Immersive environment was breaking the fxaa injector causing game to crash testing the mod again.

4 gig aware linked in this works good thanks azoutback

Copied from GameFAQs:

If you used the 4gb patch and now the game crashes for you every 5+ minutes then try to restore the old exe.

This only applies to those using windows 7. Go to the skryim directory and right click TESV.exe. Go to the previous versions tab and if your pc backed it up then just simply restore it. Make a back up of the new exe and then re-apply the 4gb patch and continue on your journey in Skyrim.

An alternative way to do this is if you used the LAA patch from the nexus. There should be a file named TESV.exe.backup. If so then cut out the existing TESV.exe and then rename the TESV.exe.backup file to just TESV.exe. Back that file up for later storage and re-apply the LAA/4gb patch and continue on your journey.

This will work only long enough until an official patch comes out.

The launcher posted above doesn't patch the .exe' date=' but injects the flag into the code after launch. Should work even after an official patch.

Azoutback

sad thing is this mearly crashes and doesnt start steam to activate the game.

keep in mind my game works fine and has the vanilla skyrim.exe

or perhaps im misunderstanding this. is it patching the exe. or is it a standalone launcer if the later is the case then its not working :P

Got it the Mod Immersive environment was breaking the fxaa injector causing game to crash testing the mod again.

4 gig aware linked in this works good thanks azoutback

OK so it wasn't the 4GB launcher, but another mod that was causing the crashing? :P

It's working for you now?

I do have one question regarding this.. could it be because of LAA itself ?? what if we do the update by first removing LAA then Update, i still have copy of the exe before patching with LAA, would that still make it unstable ??

I haven't tried this. Could try it out.

I do have one question regarding this.. could it be because of LAA itself ?? what if we do the update by first removing LAA then Update' date=' i still have copy of the exe before patching with LAA, would that still make it unstable ??

I haven't tried this. Could try it out.

[/quote']

The LAA patcher that most people used for Oblivion is what's causing most of the issues with Steam. It alters the .exe which Steam then no longer recognizes.

I'm sure Steam will download a new .exe every time it updates. Using an old outdated exe will cause more problems than it's worth in the future.

This is a different method and is the tried and true method used for FNV. It gets injected and sets the flag into the code during launch, instead of altering the .exe.

Too many people are trying to make the jump directly from Oblivion to Skyrim and getting upset when things that worked on game 6 years old, doesn't anymore. Much has changed between Oblivion, Fallout 3, FNV, and now Skyrim.

The "evil" DRM from Steam isn't nearly as bad as crap we have had to deal with in the past from other companies.

The new code injector mod works flawlessly. I tried it myself.

However, I then removed it and reinstalled my old exe and turned off the skyrim updates until I finish this current play through. As per usual they (Beth) will likely "break" as much as they "fix" on the 1st major patch (just going off of history).

Archived