How far do you play in a world with mods included?

On 5/20/2023 at 2:58 PM, Tildetyper said:

I'm kind of interested in hearing the stories of what basic mod combinations people are using, and how long they are into a playthrough with them - or if like me just touristing around to see the functionality of each mod. 

For testing out mods, I have throw-away setups. I don't call this really "playing". It's more "experimenting" "sightseeing" or simply "testing".

For a real game, my usual thing (Skyrim/fallout/whatever) is to set up my character and the mods that might go along with it. And then I go.

On my way,

• I do updates of the mods (they update faster than I advance in the story),
  • rarely, I kick one out,
  • more often, I add another one

Speaking about my last games in FO4 or Skyrim, both where not really planned for an ending.

3 hours ago, ?????? 1627 said:

Unless it's an area transition, I use this trick: I activate the Fly mod et voila, I'm on the other side. ? .

The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal  Never had a problem with the gate. If it is what I think it is, which is in the ancestral leopards' den, you have to use the ancient vision spell (or something similar). As for followers, they are not accepted. The quest is to be completed only by the Dragornborn

On 5/20/2023 at 8:08 PM, Miauzi said:

trauma obviously still hangs in the collective perception

Come now, they only had this one big war on their home turf in the past 200 years. While we here across the pond had at least 2 big ones, trauma of both still hangs to this day, a couple dozen of smaller ones, including at least 5 civil wars, plus the currently ongoing one right next door. And that's just in the last century. Compared to European continent, North America is a haven of peace when it comes to large-scale armed conflict. You might want to be careful with statements like these, get off your high horse and think before you post.

Edited by belegost
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems to me... no one here is talking about combinations. Beyond that... about everything: yes.

But if it's about everything and the game... It can consume any amount of time.

The game is what it is... As long as it is enjoyed and it is something that is only interrupted by failure and the appearance of problems.

During the process...
... all the many shortcomings and confusions that the player can experience and expect according to his needs and thoughts will appear.

----------

Nekem úgy tűnik... itt senki sem szól a kombinációkról. Azon túl... mindenről: igen.

De ha mindenről és a játékról... Ez akármennyi időt elemészthet.

A játék addig az ami... Amíg élvezve van és ez valami olyasféle amit csak a kudarc és a problémák megjelenése szakít meg.

A folyamat idején... az a rengeteg sok hiányosság és zavar mind előjön, amit a játszó átélhet valamint az igényei és gondolatai szerint várhatna.

There are a buncha mods that are sort of required (or to have mods that do similar things) Things like Sexlabs, and the loader - devious devices if you want that kind of bondage some sort of consequence mod ilke Defeat. 

Right now, 

Notice me Senpai (Adds a number of interactions that are interesting, and opportunities for things to happen - though you definitely have to be careful selecting quests from the board early on as it can send you on some things a little too crazy for a low level to consider)  It doesn't really get in your way too much, so overall it's a pretty good mod. 

Babodialogue and Sexlab Approach (Since generally don't like playing dominant characters - as it makes me feel kinda bad for the poor tormented people) A level of chaos in the world, crazy levelled characters with evil intent for your character. They can and do break, either minorly (like, not triggering) Or spectacularly - but for me it doesn't particularly get in your way at every moment, but does tend to pop up at surprising times. 

You are not the Dragonborn.   Kind of personal preference, there is also another mod for stopping the civilwar plot - it takes a lot of narrative weight off your character and makes the wandering around and doing  whatever part of Skyrim that is it's biggest strength the main focus. 

A lot of the mods that make a character in the world take ownership over the player are fun, can be exciting, but often not included in general builds because it becomes the main focus of the game and not just a nice sexy distraction from time to time (or a difficult encounter - to avoid sexy time)

With a bunch of fairly light weight consequence mods working together, I find I enjoy my time and stretch out individual plays longer.  I do sometimes yearn for a longer term consequest but tend to just make a new save for those sorts of things as they aren't written generally to stay out of your way for the most part.