An ENB with DOP but without FPS drop ?

Crowzer

Hello !

I'm actually use Project ENB but it seems this one have a heavy impact on performance.

My rig is AMD Phenom X4 955, Radeon HD 6770 1Go O/C and 8 GO RAM 1333mhz. I'm playing on a 1440*900 screen.

I also use W7 Ultimate, drivers up-to-date.

So I'm looking for a similar one (a least with a DOF) but wihtout lot of FPS drop and also work along with ELFX.

Any suggestions ?

You can always try to find a performance friendly ENB without DoF, and then just use Dynavision for your DoF. That's if you are having performance issues from ENB in general. SMAA will also cause performance issues as well if your computer can't handle it.

Otherwise, have you tried Realvision ENB? It works with Climates of Tamriel and ELFX together. Make sure to follow the instructions though as there are a lot of tweaks to make it look right (and some general tweaks that you should follow any ways).

Well DoF (which I love the most) is one of the most Fps intensive Enb effects. But there are ENB with no visual alterations (color, brightness, gamma).

You can find one on the Realistic Lightning Overhaul page on Nexus (you may use it alongside their new RLO weather which is very good for external lighting).

Then you can disamble (set to =false) every effect (SAO, Skylighitning, reflections) and leave only DoF (in the case of the ENB on RLO Weather, they are already disambled, so you have to set to True only the Dof).
This way you will have the minimun possible Fps drop with ENB

SMAA works faster than FXAA, and in-game (using shift-enter) you can set some quality settings a bit down to 1 or 2, or disable unneeded enhancements and then save. I use a HD4670 and Project ENB.

However, since it turns out you're using a laptop, it's better to use sweetFX, imaginator and dynavision -- and some mods that provide more vibrancy or brightness -- to get more FPS.

I don't use a laptop, I'm on a desktop computer.

I removed the FXAA, AA and AF. The game get just 3 more frames haha. So I went back to Project ENB in 1.19 (It's preferable for me to stay in ENB 1.19, the new ones get the loading much longer and sometime, get the game unplayble with 1-2 Frames) and did some modifications in the enbseries file such as Sunrays, SkyLighting, and SSAO set to OFF. It seems the game run faster and better.

Ths note is quite good to understand (from SkyRealism - ENB Evolved)

Enabling ENBSeries: -10% fps
Enabling SkyLighting: -15% fps
Enabling Sunrays: -2% fps
Enabling Detailed Shadows: -2% fps
Enabling ENB SSAO: -16% fps
Enabling SkyRealism DoF: -12% fps

Total Cost: -57% fps

I keep looking for a good one !

Thank for your replies.

Here is the ENB I use and recommend.

Phinix Natural ENB

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24235/?

If you use ELFX and or COTS you'll have to decide which esp's you run and their load order.  Personally I'm currently running the following load order but I'm still testing and playing to decide what I like best

(+) COT.esp

(+) PNENB.esp

(-) ELFX - exteriors.esp

(+) ELFX - moonpath.esp

(+) ELFX - NoTaverns.esp

(+) ELFX - Dawngaurd.esp

(+) COT - Dawnguard - Patch.esp

(+) COT - Dragonborn - Patch.esp

(+) COT - Dungeons - Hardcore.esp

(-) COT - Interiors-Warm.esp

(+) COT - Nights - Level - 4.esp

(+) ELFXEnhancer.esp

If you want to try and increase fps you could also try disabling ELFXEnhancer.esp and or PNENB.esp But leave the mods active. You can also try disabling the smaa proxy in enblocal.ini or try changing the smaa preset in injector.ini instead of completely disabling it.

In enberies.ini you can try changing the SSAO filter quality to 2. or Turn off SSAO ambient occlusion in enbseries.ini and use nvidia's ambient occlusion. I think nvidia's ambient occlusion actually looks better with a lower performance hit.

In enberies.ini you can also try chaning the Skylighting quality and filter quality to 2 as well.

here's some screenshots of the difference: http://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1196H

The screenshots are with ENBv.123 but I still think it holds true. And the difference vs performance cost is what sells it for me. Seeing as you're trying to get DOF working it's something you might want to consider at any rate.

Ok it's seems I found a good one... For now. It's K ENB, yes it's a heavy ENB but with my tweaks, I have a satisfied frame rate. And it's because I like the color palette. :D

For anti-aliasing I choose to use the FXAA from the game, not from ENB or SweetFX, I got more FPS on my rig.

I desactivated the SSAO, put everything in medium quality and set to 0 AA/AF in Skyrim.

I also use the last ENB Series (0.214).

Also, be sure that the values in enblocal.ini are right for your rig. It really can boost performance.

I tried this, but on my rig, it's crash the game.

Anyways, I'll keep looking untill I find the perfect one ! Haha.

Ok it's seems I found a good one... For now. It's K ENB, yes it's a heavy ENB but with my tweaks, I have a satisfied frame rate. And it's because I like the color palette. :D

For anti-aliasing I choose to use the FXAA from the game, not from ENB or SweetFX, I got more FPS on my rig.

I desactivated the SSAO, put everything in medium quality and set to 0 AA/AF in Skyrim.

I also use the last ENB Series (0.214).

Also, be sure that the values in enblocal.ini are right for your rig. It really can boost performance.

I tried this, but on my rig, it's crash the game.

Anyways, I'll keep looking untill I find the perfect one ! Haha.

Might of put in the wrong values if it is causing crashes. Try using this site: http://www.iparadigm.org/pages/pnenb/ENBoost.html

Just follow the steps and it will give you the information to put into your enblocal file. And then set "VideoMemorySizeMb" to whatever your VRam is (for instance, if it is 2GB, it would be 2048. 1GB would be 1024).

Even whith this tool, it drop my FPS to 1-2...

But I just changed the ReservedMemorySizeMb value to 1024 according to your reply and it's perfect !

Have you tried Seasons of Skyrim?  Comes with various options for color palette, DOF, and performance.

Not yet. I'll do once I get bored of K ENB.

Thank again !

It's me again !

I deleted K ENB, it cause massive drops in Skyrim, Solstheim was good because no details such as Skyrim.

I tried Season of Skyrim but even with the maximum performance option, I got arround 20-25 FPS instead of 60+ (i use vSync) wihtout in outdoor.

I don't understand, my rig is that low ? :D

Some people said they just lost 4-5 FPS but my, is like more 75%.

You can try Krista's ENB. It's designed for people with weaker systems but still looks really good imo.

http://modgames.net/load/279-1-0-13189

translation link:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://modgames.net/load/279-1-0-13189&usg=ALkJrhh7kJWe1ANWheANC7ftA5q9LTYzrg

Just make sure to grab the correct ENB. Binary v132

Because it's an older binary it doesn't have ENBoost integrated but you can just grab that from the Nexus if you want.

Well you can always try the one I recommend to everyone who has trouble handling ENBs.

Cinemascope ENB (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15425/?). When I had an old computer, this is the ENB I used to use (the realistic version without any of the special effects). It works great and is just like it says "near zero performance loss". Then just use Dynavision for your DoF since this ENB doesn't have one.

Another one you can try in Unbleak ENB, the performance version (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24828/?). It has barely a performance hit at all as well. And this one has a built in DoF as well that is decent.

But if ENB is going to keep causing you major performance loss, you're just going to have to deal for now until you upgrade your system. Like I said before in an old thread about this, you're going to have to live without those high quality ENBs, HD Textures, and hi-rez stuff till you upgrade. I know it sucks, but if you want performance, you have to do it. Either that, or upgrade your computer. I know everyone loves those types of things and wants them to make their game pretty, but if your system is struggling with them, gonna have to realize that you just can't use them.

As well, use something like a Texture Optimizer (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13529/?) to help on your memory load. You only have 1GB of Vram, so high quality and high resolution textures are going to eat that up. Use an optimizer to help reduce that load and it should help as well. Then just remove any HD mods (including the Official Skyrim HD Pack) and just deal with regular resolution till you can upgrade.

Thanks again !

I'm glad, I changed few values in enblocal/enbseries and it seems the game runs better now. I still use Season of Skyrim, but the framerate looks stable and in heavy aera, it is stil playable.

I think I found a good compromisebetween quality and peformance. See my screenshot.

@johnnyboy88, Thank for the link. After register, I was able to download the ENB. I don't lost so much FPS but this ENB is not my taste.

@SpyderArachnid, Ahaha yes. I used for ages the Cinemascope ENB. I retried it yesterday and still good. It's my backup choice by the way. I'll try Unbleak ENB soon.

About texture I just use the official texture packs/SMIM and some textures in 1K, I don't have any performances loss. I tried to remove the official texture pack but I didn't notice change about the framerate. I also use the Texture Optimizer, it is a good tool.

I will continue to make adjustments.

post-11008-0-39835400-1379502935_thumb.jpg

Oh, I forget to ask something.

What is the point of Enbhost.exe ?

From the creator themselves:

Enbhost.exe is process which mod start when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true, it is garbage collector for memory. In future i probably make several copies of the same process to cover greater memory range. As i don't have hardware for testing 64 bit, i did this as 32 bit application, so only 4 gb memory available for each enbhost.exe running. This means that all unused memory allocated in enbhost.exe and when required, it send back to game. Skyrim 4 gb + enbhost 4 gb.

http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2219#p33503

Archived