[mod] dCarnalitas

On 5/6/2023 at 5:40 AM, sagimine1 said:

Pitch black issue is a graphical issue more so than a mechanical issue. Are you using CFP or EPE by any chance? Using a mod that fiddle with the gfx folder?

no, its just AGOT. i tested it. the only difference between whether the characters faces bug or not is whether i activate carnalitas or dcarnalitas. dcarnalitas does that.

On 5/7/2023 at 3:23 AM, cumdollie said:

That's literally untrue

load up AGOT. use it with dcarnalitas. then use it with the normal discord carnalitas. one of them breaks the faces and the other one doesn't. those were my results anyways

13 hours ago, 妖心病狂 said:

Can Chinese players use the old localization files, or can I directly translate the English localization files for this version?

Only difference in the localization files is the description of one of the game rules.

16 hours ago, Network said:

no, its just AGOT. i tested it. the only difference between whether the characters faces bug or not is whether i activate carnalitas or dcarnalitas. dcarnalitas does that.

load up AGOT. use it with dcarnalitas. then use it with the normal discord carnalitas. one of them breaks the faces and the other one doesn't. those were my results anyways

That's straight bullshit. This is what I booted AGOT up with (and I got no face error), the only thing that's touched that's not in carn is the seduce scheme, and there's nothing in carn that would produce that anyway. Carn conflicts with some of the UI but that is a) literally the same as this and b) doesn't cause that bug.

You're straight up bullshitting. There isn't even the vaguest slightest hint of authenticity to what you're saying.

Point in fact

On 5/5/2023 at 6:42 PM, Network said:

the funny thing is, the normal github carnalitas DOES work normally with AGOT and doesn't cause noticeable bugs

It you booted up github carnalitas it would fucking crash because it's not 1.8 compatible.

I don't know why the fuck you feel compelled to make this shit up but keep it to yourself, please.

11 minutes ago, cumdollie said:

It you booted up github carnalitas it would fucking crash because it's not 1.8 compatible.

I don't know why the fuck you feel compelled to make this shit up but keep it to yourself, please.

Just to let you know, this isnt true, Cheri and Team have actually been maintaining a version avaliable for download on Github over on her discord, the same place that all the various submods have been updated and where she has announced her return from hiatus for the new DLC, Cheri's discord has ALWAYS been the primary hub for updates for her mods its why its linked at the very top of her threads

54 minutes ago, CobraPL said:

1.9 is out now, we wait for confirmation this mod is compatible.

Currently its not - plus Cheri Song the original author has confirmed she's coming out of hiatus to patch Carnalitas for the new dlc (she bought it about an hour ago)

25 minutes ago, dragow said:

Can someone please explain what legal notice is about? Will Steam has problems with that?

Its nothing you need to worry about, its the legal copyright that carnalitas is published under - if you want to not even think about it use Carnalitas as released by the author (Cheri) rather than by cumdollie

On 5/10/2023 at 3:06 PM, cumdollie said:

That's straight bullshit. This is what I booted AGOT up with (and I got no face error), the only thing that's touched that's not in carn is the seduce scheme, and there's nothing in carn that would produce that anyway. Carn conflicts with some of the UI but that is a) literally the same as this and b) doesn't cause that bug.

You're straight up bullshitting. There isn't even the vaguest slightest hint of authenticity to what you're saying.

Point in fact

Not for nothing, I just tried your version of the mod, and I have the same issue with the black heads. Not sure if it's a compatibility issue with AGOT itself, or if it's something like CBO that's doing it, but thought I'd mention it. Not attacking you by any means, just that there is the issue present in other people's games. Is it possible something in your version of the mod got corrupted between the time you last edited it, and the upload to the site?

EDIT: I tried with the original carn mod and had the same issue, so it has to be something like CBO interfering, or just not being compatible with AGOT in general.

Edited by arkayus
14 hours ago, arkayus said:

EDIT: I tried with the original carn mod and had the same issue, so it has to be something like CBO interfering, or just not being compatible with AGOT in general.

CBO is a graphical body mod. Of course there's the potential for issues with character body graphics.

Now, I don't know anything about how CBO works specifically and I have never used it. From what I can recall AGOT poses characters and shows additional models - I think weapons. Presumably AGOT/CBO are conflicting on information for what should be happening with character's model in the scene and/or for the information about the character's model in the first place.

On 5/15/2023 at 3:31 PM, dragow said:

Can someone please explain what legal notice is about? Will Steam has problems with that?

Cheri is claiming ownership of some of paradox's intellectual property. Paradox could sue Cheri. Steam has nothing to do with it.

It has no impact on users, and I've made the notice to point out that it has no impact on modders. Despite outrageous claims to the contrary, you have every right that's afforded to you by the agreement you have with paradox as a user; you can make, and edit, and use mods freely, regardless of what outlandish claims cheri or anyone else unaffiliated with paradox might make.

It's ridiculous and disgusting that cheri is claiming ownership of other people's intellectual property and then demanding a series of draconian practices that they themselves don't carry out in the slightest (where's the acknowledgement of paradox's contributions to paradox's files from their proprietary software which you've purchased and have a limited agreement to use that you've copied verbatim and then claimed are GPL3, cheri?), but you can safely ignore their blustering.

On 5/11/2023 at 4:12 PM, CobraPL said:

1.9 is out now, we wait for confirmation this mod is compatible.

It is not.

Cheri is actually active for the first time in 7 months, so I don't have any plans to update this. Some time after a 1.9 compatible carnalitas comes out, I'll port the changes into a patch to be used alongside that version of carnalitas.

The best version of carnalitas that exists at the time I'm making this post is something you'd cobble together from the carnalitas gitlab's most recent revision and some of the standalone fixes people have posted in that thread. 1.8 -> 1.9 seems to have changed some of the triggers used in scripting again so I'd advise against copying anything out of this version directly over that unless you already know what you're doing.

For a completely lay user with no interest in doing that sort of scrambling around for patches simply waiting for something usable, I would advise just waiting for a 1.9 compatible carnalitas to come out and then using that.

On 5/15/2023 at 3:57 PM, byehi said:

Its nothing you need to worry about, its the legal copyright that carnalitas is published under - if you want to not even think about it use Carnalitas as released by the author (Cheri) rather than by cumdollie

You should stop posting anytime dude. If you're not even going to pay the barest slightest attention to what you're commenting on or be correct even one time ever you could kindly stop trolling.

As outsider I do not understand the hate against Cheri, as a coder I do understand the work Cheri put into her Framework... think she has the right to claim her work as her own.

As semi legal expert the moment you upload stuff to Github it becomes public property. the codes and lines you upload, if it isn't stolen from a company.

Same reason some people had offense with NEXUS, but nexus consider the stuff you upload their property since they provide you a base/servers to upload and download and store stuff.

As for Paradox issue, the public had a long and harsh debate over allow Slavery and other NSFW files to be protected by Paradox itself so only released on their forums.

But as a opponent of that discussion the target of a lot of people hate, the reason was that it draws the "wrong" crowd aside from legal issues, the legal issue was that Paradox was going stockmarket, and having representing slavery even in fantasy settings, would never fly especially during that time with ISIS issue. and boy the issue still doesn't fly in today period either. 

So best to keep it here on loverslab who have their own legal system and can escape lawsuits cause it is a public domain backed by other interest groups.

I do not want to bash OP for doing CarnalitasD, cause he did provide the public a service by doing something I already recommend GUK to do. 

But guess most of us coders and modders respect other people work, and Carnalitas was a very well build framework. that is one of the reason even with Cheri Hiatus.

People keep updating that mod, cause personally in my opinion it was a master work. 

2 hours ago, Drake_Hound said:

As outsider I do not understand the hate against Cheri, as a coder I do understand the work Cheri put into her Framework... think she has the right to claim her work as her own.

That's (literally) arguable - there isn't a clear agreement on whether EULAs hold legal weight. If it does then he doesn't.

But cheri is claiming that paradox files are their own, since they make no distinction. Not even only edited files, there are even copies of originals like birth_events_original.info which he's saying is GPL3 despite it being written in it's entirety by paradox.

As semi legal expert the moment you upload stuff to Github it becomes public property. the codes and lines you upload, if it isn't stolen from a company.

It IS stolen from a company. That's the point.

>As semi legal expert the moment you upload stuff to Github it becomes public property

That's COMPLETELY wrong. I mean completely. There are plenty of all rights reserved projects on github.

It's also not uploaded to github. Gitlab doesn't have any kind of implicit license. If it was public property then cheri's claim of GPL3 would still be wrong, and he still wouldn't have the right to relicense paradox's own work. It's as if you haven't read a single word that's been said in this thread, on the notice of license, in the EULA, or in gitlab's EULA at all.

Carnalitas was a very well build framework.

Cheri's framework is a fucking nightmare that's choked the life out of what little of the hmodding scene held on through the adversity of paradox's bullshit with how terrible CK3 modding is. It touches a thousand things that it shouldn't and does so in the most painful way to interact with imaginable. The only thing that it's good for is tracking parentage with a bit more detail than without a framework, and it's not even good for that - it's not even up to par with how non-hmods have done it.

37 minutes ago, cumdollie said:

That's (literally) arguable - there isn't a clear agreement on whether EULAs hold legal weight. If it does then he doesn't.

But cheri is claiming that paradox files are their own, since they make no distinction. Not even only edited files, there are even copies of originals like birth_events_original.info which he's saying is GPL3 despite it being written in it's entirety by paradox.

It IS stolen from a company. That's the point.

>As semi legal expert the moment you upload stuff to Github it becomes public property

That's COMPLETELY wrong. I mean completely. There are plenty of all rights reserved projects on github.

It's also not uploaded to github. Gitlab doesn't have any kind of implicit license. If it was public property then cheri's claim of GPL3 would still be wrong, and he still wouldn't have the right to relicense paradox's own work. It's as if you haven't read a single word that's been said in this thread, on the notice of license, in the EULA, or in gitlab's EULA at all.

Cheri's framework is a fucking nightmare that's choked the life out of what little of the hmodding scene held on through the adversity of paradox's bullshit with how terrible CK3 modding is. It touches a thousand things that it shouldn't and does so in the most painful way to interact with imaginable. The only thing that it's good for is tracking parentage with a bit more detail than without a framework, and it's not even good for that - it's not even up to par with how non-hmods have done it.

Pardon you say it is stolen, Paradox says modders can access them the property still remains with paradox, since they allow these mods to continue. it is their say not your say. 

Get it, you are only assuming or do you think Paradox don't know these mods excist and they are so dumb!

Why they rather protect modders work on their forum, asking for permission of the author before you publish stuff, is the way to go. unless you use it strictly private like I am doing currently. 

Again you say it is wrong, you understand open licenses? doesn't mean Cheri doesn't have rights under open license. or can remove her work at any time on github. 

And prevent others from using her work. 

The last bit is the issue isn't it, if you are so smart as you say, then build a FRAME WORK that others can use it from.. share the coding. 

So others can look trough them, here is a challenge you got Grand Tournement to work with, make a slave village/event with using the grand tournement.. 

Shouldn't be so hard, you can have a auction house, tavern is already there.. instead of murder etc events. you can even ad what ever kinky event you want. 

And others can use that frame work of yours to improve or do other things with it. 

And again NONE H-MODS have a greater access to the coders pool, then H-Modders.. cause this is a NICHE market, not a majority market. 

You should be thankfull you have some people gifted accessing doing tons of work for you people. 

Instead of ego tripping that none H-MODS does it better.