SOS & Slot 52

Deep Red

Is there a way to stop Schlongs of Skyrim from using slot 52 on female characters? While my male character is loving his new, um - "equipment", I find it kind of annoying that female actors in the game are forced to give up slot 52 because of this. I made use of that slot frequently since it seems to be the standard slot to equip genital piercings. It is particularly troublesome when using SOS and Sanguine's Debauchery at the same time because Sanguine's artifact uses that slot.

I read most of the relevant posts on SOS's Nexus page, but it wasn't really of much help. Has someone come up with a work around for this problem? Or was this the trade-off for having super cool animated junk? The only other solution I can think of is to switch every single piece of equipment using this slot to another one, which is quite the undertaking when you've got as many mods as I do using slot 52.

Open the CK and load "SOS Equipable Schlong.esp"

type "sos" in the filter and click "ArmourAddon"

change slot number in biped object to what ever you want (and un-highlight 52)

rw3wp30rxuur9ca7g.jpg

go to "Armour" and change the biped object in there to the same as you picked it the ArmourAddon.

l5kw897hyajt8h17g.jpg

Save the esp.

open the nifs in \meshes\Equipable Schlong and change the BSDismemberSkinInstance for malegenitalsf_0.nif, malegenitalsf_1.nif, malegenitals_0.nif, malegenitals_1.nif to the same slot you used in the CK

c3c60mzk4jgebqd7g.jpg

rw3wp30rxuur9ca7g.jpg

go to "Armour" and change the biped object in there to the same as you picked it the ArmourAddon.

l5kw897hyajt8h17g.jpg

Save the esp.

open the nifs in \meshes\Equipable Schlong and change the BSDismemberSkinInstance for malegenitalsf_0.nif, malegenitalsf_1.nif, malegenitals_0.nif, malegenitals_1.nif to the same slot you used in the CK

c3c60mzk4jgebqd7g.jpg

Really good insight, but I don't use the equippable schlongs mod. :x  I'm actually trying to "unequip" the imaginary penis that SOS gives women. The odd thing is, if I equip something on slot 52, whatever was on the body slot gets unequipped in order for that to happen and vice versa.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. The two things I try to equip have completely different equipment slots assigned, but every time I try to equip a piece of armor or clothing that uses the body slot, slot 52 is unequipped. I opened up TES5Edit to make sure it was so. Funny thing is that when I uncheck the esp's associated with Schlongs of Skyrim, the problem disappears entirely. I'm going to guess this is something to do with this "slot management" feature the mod description vaguely mentions.

Vioxsis already told you how to solve the issue. To help a little bit more :

Open Ck and change the slot assigned to to the piece, also assign a " BLANK " mesh to FEMALES for the slot you want it to use ( so you know, NOT 52 )

( males and females can have 2 different meshes assigned to the same item ).

Open Nifskope and assign the Nif ( mesh ) to the new slot you picked in the CK. If both male and female share the same Nif ( probably ), then make sure in the CK you assigned females a DIFFERENT NIF ( you will have to set up the new " blank " Nif BEFORE you do this ). Make sure females AND males NIF's ( so now you have two instead of one ) are BOTH assigned to the new slot. So your new " blank " female nif needs to be assigned the new slot, AND the already existing Male NIF needs to be reassigned as well. 

The slot 52 management is hard coded in the scripts.

I don't think much can be done right now to fix that issue :(

I spoke to a few other people on the Nexus, and they came to tell me that they have a similar hunch about it too.

Well there is one thing they could do, change the slot piercings use.

More work, but not much you can do if its hard coded.

This was what I was trying to avoid doing, but it looks like it will be the only way to get around this. Oh well. Thanks a lot for the info everyone!

• 6 months later...

rw3wp30rxuur9ca7g.jpg

l5kw897hyajt8h17g.jpg

Save the esp.

c3c60mzk4jgebqd7g.jpg

Dude, even if you were unable to help this guy, you certainly helped me. Thanx, now i know how to fix it xD

Archived